LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 28 2020

sero

office chair recommendation

hello

My wife and I started to work from home and we're looking to buy two office chairs (budget is around 400$ for both)

I am looking for a mesh chair that can be adjustable, has a long back and is relatively not bulky.

Do you have any recommendations?

I looked online, saw a couple of ones at office work center, but they were very expensive.

#2 December 28 2020

Beta0

Re: office chair recommendation

I'm interested in this as well, I've heard gaming chairs work well but I haven't seen any here that offer office neutral color/theme.

#4 December 28 2020

sero

Hi Samer

I actually saw these posts before posting.
one is very old (2014)
and the other two are mainly gaming chair related

Last edited by sero (December 28 2020)

#5 December 28 2020

sero

Beta0 wrote:

I'm interested in this as well, I've heard gaming chairs work well but I haven't seen any here that offer office neutral color/theme.

I also saw a few gaming chairs that are rather cheap (on hicart). But they don't look professional knowing that i do a lot of video calls

Last edited by sero (December 29 2020)

#6 December 28 2020

samer
Admin

sero wrote:

I actually saw these posts before posting.
one is very old (2014)
and the other two are mainly gaming chair related

No worries, I posted the links for reference and not as a replacement for this topic.

#7 December 28 2020

nefe_lpmk

I tried searching a while back for a good office chair.

At the end I got the Noble chairs Hero.
It's above average in comfort and ergonomics, better than most offering (cost me 450$).

We have Herman Miller Aeron chairs at work, which costs ~1000$.
I would sit on them for 11-12 hours straight and wouldn't feel any single discomfort or pain, it's like sitting on nothing.
If you have money to spend, get that, else maybe look for a cheaper brand with similar design style (mesh) and let us know if you find any.

#8 December 28 2020

Beta0

nefe_lpmk wrote:

I tried searching a while back for a good office chair.

At the end I got the Noble chairs Hero.
It's above average in comfort and ergonomics, better than most offering (cost me 450$).

I would sit on them for 11-12 hours straight and wouldn't feel any single discomfort or pain, it's like sitting on nothing.
If you have money to spend, get that, else maybe look for a cheaper brand with similar design style (mesh) and let us know if you find any.

How long have you had it, does it wear out over time?

#9 December 28 2020

nefe_lpmk

Had it for 14 months now.

Pros:
- Very durable and well built.
- No wear outs yet.
- Built-in Lumbar support.
- Color scheme not very "gamy".
Cons:
- Side arms are very wide and high. had to hack it and adjust the height. Still very wide for a normal hand stance.
- Bottom gets a bit hot after long sitting session, since it is not mesh.
- Top heavy when not sitting on it, a small push will drop it back.
- Price (450$)

Overall I am satisfied with it, however that side arms width is annoying, knowing that I am an above average sized man (185 cm).

#10 December 29 2020

sero

I found a place in jnah with reasonable prices (150-200$ managerial mesh chairs): Sky Line Office Furniture - Iskandarani
I'll go there and check the quality

#11 December 29 2020

Toufic

If you're still on the lookout, i was walking my dog around caracas, hamra, near Bank of Beirut/LAU and there's a gaming place there (ground zero i think) that is selling (some of?) their chairs. obviously they're used but i think they're gaming chairs (so definitely made for long hours of sitting down) and it was for 40$ if i recall correctly.

and with that budget, you can pay a bit for any possible repair needed

#12 December 29 2020

RandomMemory

do you remember the chair brands?

#13 December 29 2020

Toufic

No idea man.. i never went into that place and i didn't go as near to check the brand.
But i found the branch contact for you : 01 809 376 if you want to give them a call

#14 December 29 2020

nefe_lpmk

Gaming chairs are not recommended for long sitting hours. Stay away from them if you are looking for anything besides looks.
Check this recent video from Gamers Nexus on topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yhc6mmdJC4

#15 January 5 2021

zizo99

nefe_lpmk wrote:

where to get Herman Miller Aeron chair inside Lebanon?

#16 January 5 2021

samer
Admin

Not sure about Herman Miller, but if you're interested in Steelcase chairs, they have a local representative in Mansourieh called Crown House.

#17 January 29 2021

zizo99

sero wrote:

hello

My wife and I started to work from home and we're looking to buy two office chairs (budget is around 400$ for both)

I am looking for a mesh chair that can be adjustable, has a long back and is relatively not bulky.

Do you have any recommendations?

I looked online, saw a couple of ones at office work center, but they were very expensive.

what did you end up getting?

Board footer