LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 8 2019

Tech Guru

Ergonomic Peripherals (Office / Gaming)

I need your input please of practicle recommendation of an office/work usage ergonomic mouse. I read many reviews from tech youtube channels / websites, but I rather prefer personal usage objective  recommendation /testimonies.

Repetitive traditional mouse clicking for prolonged work projects will cause a medical condition named " carpal tunnel syndrome". This medical condition  starts with the fingers nerver , in my case I am right handed, and travels to the hand wrist then to the whole hand reaching the shoulder area. When it reaches the shoulder ,  treatment will be much harder.

In my scope now are :

1- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic
2- Logitech MX Master 2S

Thank You

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 13 2019)

#2 April 8 2019

duke-of-bytes

Re: Ergonomic Peripherals (Office / Gaming)

Tech Guru wrote:

I need your input please of practicle recommendation of an office/work usage ergonomic mouse. I read many reviews from tech youtube channels / websites, but I rather prefer personal usage objective  recommendation /testimonies.

Repetitive traditional mouse clicking for prolonged work projects will cause a medical condition named " carpal tunnel syndrome". This medical condition  starts with the fingers nerver , in my case I am right handed, and travels to the hand wrist then to the whole hand reaching the shoulder area. When it reaches the shoulder ,  treatment will be much harder.

In my scope now are :

1- Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic
2- Logitech MX Master 2S

Thank You

These are some of the best currently around anyway ..the mx master looks very stylish but the sculpt is very comfy

#3 April 8 2019

Joe

Kudos on investing in ergonomical gear! Totally worth it. For mouses, I'm a fan of the MX Master. They're quirky but comfortable.

Quick note about ergonomics: A lot of people think, ergonomics is just a matter of spending a lot of money on luxury equipment, and have all their problems magically disappear. That's obviously wrong. If you want to avoid injuries there's a lot you should do (and most of it costs zero, really):

• Sit straight on your chair, beware of any tension in the neck and shoulders

• Raise your monitor. It should be at eye's level.

• Set your chair/desk height appropriately

• Take regular breaks

• Do stretching/strength exercises for your fingers and wrists

• Set the lighting of the room properly and adjust the screen luminosity (you may consider orange-colored screen filter for low-lit environments)

Here are just some tips off the top of my head. The truth is, once you start caring about ergonomics, you naturally know what to do to improve. Just don't think that blindly throwing money at expensive gadgets is going to make the difference.
There are

#4 April 9 2019

Salloum

The MX Master is hard to beat

#5 April 9 2019

Tech Guru

I have  injected  investing in ergonomics to enhance my lifestyle & well being.

At office I have an ergonomic chair with support to the lumbar spine & upper neck. It is a very good investment , all back & neck spasms have diminished. You pay high yes , but you diminish musculoskeletal disorders on the long run. That turn into chronic agonized  disorders on the long run such as back / neck disc.

For gaming  I have the DX Boss Series Chair , which open seated and with support to lamber spine & upper neck.Dx Racer - Boss Series , I tested

Couger Armor Series
Dx Racer Sentinel Series

Ended up selling them due a very annoying issues that the majority of racer gaming chair share are the seat wings or bolsters that sequeeze your thighs and prolonged usage due to fraction and not having a V shape legs very annoying.

Noble Chair Real Leather Icon Series is my next gaming rig upgrade.

Back to the topic.

I ordered those from Amazon today

lHIpOrr.jpg
RHMsMPC.jpg

If I don't find Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic comfortable I will order Logitech MX Master 2S or Logitech MX Vertical mouse.

Appreciated All

#6 April 9 2019

Joe

Never tried the wrist braces while typing. Let us know if it makes a difference for you.

#7 April 13 2019

Tech Guru

For My Gaming Setup:

Replacing my DX Racer Boss Series PU Faux Leather with Noblechairs ICON Gaming Chair - Real Leather.

Build Quality is German Made , much better compared  to DX. Ergonomic much better too.

Worth the 680 USD !

WPdGqcu.jpg
n5zjf0k.jpg

For the Office , I placed yesterday an order on Amazon:

Herman Miller Aeron Ergonomic Chair -Size C Large:
https://www.amazon.com/Herman-Miller-Ad … th=1&psc=1

Headrest For Herman Miller Aeron Chair -H4 Big Size:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Engineered-Now … B00MV8C8TA

Herman Miller Classic Aeron Chair Lumbar Pad:
https://www.amazon.com/Herman-Miller-Cl … th=1&psc=1

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 13 2019)

Board footer