LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 28 2014

maulader

PC chair

Hi,

can anyone recommend a place to shop for a decent PC chair?

#2 December 28 2014

NAM

Re: PC chair

Looking for the same thing :S i'm willing to pay for a quality chair too

#3 December 28 2014

NuclearVision

I'd suggest buying a custom one at a carpentry. It's cheaper, better ..

#4 December 28 2014

Tutenkhamun

I got both my table and chair from Gallery Matta.

#5 December 28 2014

NAM

in actuality i'm looking for a whole station that could have a mobility option. for example i move a lot from my chair to my bed, i need a station that could offer an extended arm for the screen and keyboard.

This for example:
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/ultimat … er-station

But something much simpler and soooooo much cheaper

#6 December 28 2014

NuclearVision

I would call it ultimate laziness machine... But really try to check galeries or carpentries.

#7 December 28 2014

scorpioxy

I got mine at Sleep Comfort after an unsuccessful search for an Aeron(tyical funny story involving Lebanese dealers, I can fill a book with those). Even with a discount, it was going for $800. Definitely not cheap and not exactly what i was going for but it was the best i can find at the time. I had a requirement that it needed to be mesh texture on the back and the seat to increase airflow and decrease pressure on the buttocks due to extended seating times. That immediately ruled out the cheaper chairs and put me in the luxury products category according to the Lebanese shops.

Word of advice; don't ask for office chairs over the phone, the people doing the selling do not understand what they're selling. Go there and try it out.

#8 December 28 2014

maulader

scorpioxy wrote:

Word of advice; don't ask for office chairs over the phone, the people doing the selling do not understand what they're selling. Go there and try it out.

This.
This is actually why i'm asking here, i don't trust sales people yet i don't know anything about chairs myself. So was hoping for some input from some fellows here as to what to look for.
Going to a shop and trying stuff out also isn't enough to determine how much comforting the chair would be on extended periods of PC time.
ps: i dislike the way the mesh chairs look like, even tho they are pretty comforting.

#10 December 28 2014

rolf

You might have some trouble finding it in lebanon, but I suggest this

#11 December 29 2014

NAM

rolf wrote:

You might have some trouble finding it in lebanon, but I suggest this

mwahahahahaha you killed me man .. though i'm at the moment overweight, i'm not from sitting in front of my pc but rather from my 16-hours shifts and the constant eating-out out of tiredness. but at the end of the day i come back to my 20000LL plastic chair and go to sleep with a lower back pain :S At this point all I need is an adjustable chair "with back, height, and neck adjustable control" if it is a bit more fancy i wouldn't mind.

#12 December 29 2014

rolf

I get lower back pain when I stand and walk for too long.
In the same spirit, I think it would be nice to have a stationary bicycle instead of the treadmill, the type that generates power (connected to a dynamo), use that to power your computer, so that you have to keep pedaling to power the computer, otherwise it goes off :)

I really think it would be a fun project anyway, hopefully I can build it one day.

#13 December 30 2014

samer
Admin

I get lower back pain when I stand and walk for too long.

Have you tried squatting?

#14 December 30 2014

Joe

samer wrote:

Have you tried squatting?

Relevant link

#15 December 31 2014

scorpioxy

Not to hijack the thread, but squatting saves me from a lot of pain. According to the doctors, I needed pain-meds for the rest of my life and not to lift anything heavy. Instead I started strength training and it is what is saving my body from a profession that is meant to slowly destory it.

But back to topic; An ergonomic chair is meant to be more comfortable but won't help in the long run. Also, there's no definition for ergonomic other than fits the natural tendency of the body and expensive. But not much science behind it yet. Other than my own extrapolated definition of "we have no idea how this is supposed to work". A standing desk won't help you if you have bad posture, a treadmill desk won't help you if your endurance sucks...

To be more exact, I know of two places with chairs that might fit your criteria, Sleep Comfort where I got mine and Office Supplies. I suggest you drop by and try out a few.

#16 December 31 2014

user

Last year I was looking for a good computer chair, because I had enough of wood and metal sticking into my back. I'm also very heavy (tall+fat)and sit long long hours on the pc and I break chairs often.

I went to galleries and shops and saw the not so impressive computer chairs for 400+$ and then I found what later became my chair

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk17 … 52-min.jpg

200$ very sturdy, been with me for a year and 2 month and nothing broke(really to me that is a record) and it is comfortable. (though I do not dare get too comfortable given my record) I got it off a small shop called gallery harissa on the jounieh highway, near irany sarba. I'd recommend one like it(although I think the OP is looking for something even fancier)

#17 January 8 2015

maulader

I decided to do as scorpioxy suggested and passed by sleep comfort. While not exactly what i was looking for, the chair i got from there is much better then anything I've ever had. I'm quite happy with it, it cost me 220$.

#18 January 8 2015

NAM

can you provide the name or a picture of the chair ?

#19 January 8 2015

maulader

There you go
sfWdHTs.jpg?1

#20 January 8 2015

AvoK95

Awesome chair. Were their any open air foam-less cheaper versions available?

#21 January 8 2015

NAM

looks awesome .. congrats. i will check sleep comfort for more models and prices :)

#22 January 9 2015

rolf

Wow, I was a bit sceptic when I heard $220, that's the kind of money that I expect to pay for advanced electronics, not a chair, but hey it looks like a very comfortable chair and a very nice one to have.

#23 January 9 2015

maulader

AvoK95 wrote:

Awesome chair. Were their any open air foam-less cheaper versions available?

They have a whole floor of chairs, I didn't explore everything. They did however have foam-less chairs, but the larger models of them costed 600+ so i didn't bother asking about other models.

#24 February 22 2016

Tikamak

You can check almaktab.com, they have a chair called the bestuhl E1 which cost around 200$ and it's a great office chair with great back support.

#25 February 22 2016

Tikamak

btw anyone know where to find good computer desks ? not the old fashioned ones and not just a simple 120x60 or 140x80 table top with legs, i'm talking stuff like the paragon or vikter type of desks

Something to put your case aside with good cable management and such features tailored for desktop computers

Board footer