LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 April 21 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: Post your System's Specs

but i feel a PS3 knocking on my door

It knocked on mine; my PSN:karim_nasser(Lebanese) - kareem_nasser(USA) rofl.

_joe_ wrote:

Get the optimal, get what you need, not what you think you want

good thing i know what i want:

MB: X58 (INTEL chipset)
CPU: Intel Core i7 2.66 (920)
Physical RAM: between 4GB to 6 GB DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA GT 260 with 1 GB GDDR3 (or ATI HD 5000 series)
HDD: 1 TB
Disc Drive: DVD-RAM 22x light scribe (LG)
Screen: LCD preferably Samsung 17’’
PSU: 500W

Note: This is a general view of the specs if other products which can be replaced but with same performance it is OK. Also I will update these specs over time so this pc won’t rot.

#102 April 21 2010

kareem_nasser

Uff it's been years i didnt go to a shop and buy games, i have to go shopping then, i used to download them via rapidshare(don't say anything in the broadband/connection thread, they would murder me )

BUMMER, that's what i meant with not using the 4megabits well.. :(

#103 April 21 2010

_joe_

kareem_nasser wrote:

but i feel a PS3 knocking on my door

It knocked on mine; my PSN:karim_nasser(Lebanese) - kareem_nasser(USA) rofl.

_joe_ wrote:

Get the optimal, get what you need, not what you think you want

good thing i know what i want:

MB: X58 (INTEL chipset)
CPU: Intel Core i7 2.66 (920)
Physical RAM: between 4GB to 6 GB DDR3
Graphics card: NVIDIA GT 260 with 1 GB GDDR3 (or ATI HD 5000 series)
HDD: 1 TB
Disc Drive: DVD-RAM 22x light scribe (LG)
Screen: LCD preferably Samsung 17’’
PSU: 500W

Note: This is a general view of the specs if other products which can be replaced but with same performance it is OK. Also I will update these specs over time so this pc won’t rot.

get a bigger Screen it will take you off your PS3, the 260 is capable of handling a 1920x1200 resolution
get 6Gb instead of 4Gb, after all you're in a triple channeled system, so get 3x2gb

#104 April 21 2010

kareem_nasser

I dont want to kill my GPU so I'll not use the full supported resolution+ my parents may by a 40" HDTV so i wont need a bigger screen.
So triple channel is like having 2GB while they are to the OS like 6GB or it is only a bandwidth increase?

Last edited by kareem_nasser (April 21 2010)

#105 April 21 2010

_joe_

DDR2 is dual channel that's why people used to say : use 2 ram slots and not 2 it works better
well DD3 is triple channel and using 3 slots makes it better to sync and reduces latency.
PS: a TV screen can never get a close to a computer resolution. my 24 inch has a 1920x 1200 resolution and the 50 inch samsung series 6 we have can go up to 1300 smth (dv cable)

#106 April 21 2010

kareem_nasser

Yeah i know but i am not a that much of a video-phile. Every Nanosecond matters in RAM that's why. :)

#107 April 22 2010

elzalem

my 3 years old multi-purpose pc:
intel s5000xvn board, 2 x dual core xeon 2.0GHz 1333FSB 5130 (that's 2 physical CPUs, each dual core), 4GB FB-DIMM DDR2 RAM, inno3d nvidia 8800GTX, stupid acer AL1916W 19"  screen

Last edited by elzalem (April 22 2010)

#108 April 22 2010

kareem_nasser

it is not that bad.

#109 April 22 2010

Flakk

For that GPU kareem i recommend nothing less than 22inch LCD.
17 is way too small and you wont be using your GPU's full capabilities. Plus you will be able to connect your ps3 to your LCD (if it had HDCP, but they all have now) like i did now to mine. Since i dont have an HDTV yet.

#110 April 22 2010

elzalem

Flakk wrote:

For that GPU kareem i recommend nothing less than 22inch LCD.
17 is way too small and you wont be using your GPU's full capabilities. Plus you will be able to connect your ps3 to your LCD (if it had HDCP, but they all have now) like i did now to mine. Since i dont have an HDTV yet.

my bad, its 19" but it still is a loser screen! i just was broke after buying that PC  so i got the cheapest screen i could get 

#111 April 22 2010

kareem_nasser

Of course they have HDCP but the thing is PS3 on 40" + and a 17" for a PC is good especially that i dont play FPS so only games like Mass Effect on my priority list so they are RPGs.

Board footer