LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 2 2009

Padre

Re: Hey fellas. Im a new fresh member.

nah, i aint getting another GTX, my next VGA is an Quadro 3800 or 4800 .... and if i got this new project ... and 5800 
i need it badly  GTX are gaming cards, i just got it cause i didn't find any supplier for Quadro in here. i work on SFX and 3D Modeling.

As for the mobos, i dont know. i can't vouch for eVGA, i only tried ASUS ones, and they are darn good.
The water cooling came with the case i ordered a few years back, and im still using it.

#27 September 2 2009

Xsever

Hey Padre,

I read sometime earlier that you can flash a gaming card with a quadro BIOS since some gaming models share the same GPU with the Quadro models. Look into it further maybe you get something out of it.

#28 September 2 2009

Ayman

hey ayman. yeah im studying at New Horizons, since they are international so my certification will be valid if i ever work outside lebanon. the price hurts alot, but good education is never free, right? anyway im sorry for the mixup, mainly CS and MIS courses are similar within the first year at uni. Double major seems good too, since both majors have lots of common courses. As a web developer, are you using PHP or asp.net? I took MIS278 (its a web development class) as  an elective course. We studied HTML, XHTML, DHTML, XML, CSS, Javascript. we then theoretically took PHP and asp.net. I then continued PHP on my own; im still reading though. Its very similar to java, and since java is rediculous to me now, PHP is going smooth with me. Im going to make a PHP website with MySQL database as a senior project. regarding oracle, it is in the field of database management. Im more interested in server management, thats why im taking microsoft certification. till now i finished 1 course out of 6; they are pretty hard, you must read lots of stuff before even registering for the class.

Hey MrClass, of course the courses at new horizon are very good and they are really worth paying for. As for me actually I am using Php which is quite easy to learn once you have a good foundation in Java or C++. I hear that Asp.net is almost the same when it gets to the functionality and use, but Php is much better for deploying on both windows and linux servers, while asp.net can only be deployed under a windows server only. In addition to Php I use of course HTML and CSS and javascript and AJAX (especially for dynamic form validation).

As for database I use Mysql and to make things easier and faster I work with my database using PhpMyAdmin which makes working with a MySql database very similar to working with an Ms Access one without having to hard code SQL and it generates all the code you need.  As for your project, a web app seems a very good idea you can use a free Php framework with built in open source components to speed things up such as Php Cake, nuke Php, and zend. Anyways good luck in your project, looking forward to checking it out and discussing with you when we get back to uni :) , have a good day :)

Board footer