LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4126 September 2 2022

trent

Re: Feedback for Ogero

The Ogero monopoly has never been a healthy aspect of our telecom sector and information technology industry. It stifled innovation and growth, and brought us down from leaders in the region, in the mid and late 90's, down to the worse ranks globally. The monopoly needs to end whether by law or defacto through the actions of the private sector.
Government controlled electric & water utility has already brought us back to the dark ages. And now the same is happening in telecom. Lack of electricity can be dealt with at the small business and individual level, but telecom is more complex and costly. Starlink, OneWeb, Kuiper... will not be a replacement for stable wired connectivity any time soon.
IT services businesses and free lancers that can help restore our economy by bringing in foreign projects and money are at constant risk with Ogero's monopoly in place and connectivity in the hands of a few corrupt politically motivated workers' union leaders.

#4127 September 2 2022

nuclearcat

Starlink, OneWeb, Kuiper... will not be a replacement for stable wired connectivity any time soon.
I can tell you - worse, they are strictly forbidden and there is heavy fines for using them.

#4128 September 4 2022

Moudimadi

Hello, Ogero is not working in dawhet aramoun area. No landlines and no internet. Anyone from that area can confirm that? Thank you

#4129 September 5 2022

chaosn

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, Ogero is not working in dawhet aramoun area. No landlines and no internet. Anyone from that area can confirm that? Thank you

Same here in Bchamoun Madaress, Ogero no landline and internet, and the same for Touch and Alfa no internet.

#4130 September 6 2022

GeorgeN

No landline and no internet in Mansourieh area either. ISP says it's a kahraba issue from the centrale (they won't turn it on). Anyone know an affordable replacement for DSL that doesn't shut off whenever they feel like it?

#4131 September 6 2022

DNA

nuclearcat wrote:

Another thing, Ogero is critical public utility + monopoly. At one side working in such government enterprise has very big benefits for employee, but some days like now - it comes as big disadvantage.
Because in many countries, critical public utility(telecom, fire department, government medical workers, police) + govt monopolies by laws are not allowed to strike and disrupt services, this is criminal act.They can submit resignation letter only.

Exactly! this shouldn't even be a lawful strike in the current situation everybody is suffering not just them, taking everyone hostage for is not lawful in any semi decent country like you mentioned. funny thing if I am not mistaken they will still get paid their salaries for this period no fs given which is also bs, but what would I expect

#4132 September 28 2022

Viper2k

After receiving the modem from July, today on September 28 they came near the house and activated my service.

It's really a disappointing start after moving from a self-ISP.

Otherwise, it seems a good stabled internet connection.
(Bchamoun, Maderris)

#4133 October 11 2022

skippy

Interesting. I’m subbed to the Ogero Unlimited OS Package, shows now it’s actually OS till 800 GB then it’s capped at 4 Mbps on the app.

1-EC91-EA0-5393-4-B82-8-B93-57113-BB054-AB.jpg

Last edited by skippy (October 11 2022)

#4134 October 11 2022

Mayyad

skippy wrote:

Interesting. I’m subbed to the Ogero Unlimited OS Package, shows now it’s actually OS till 800 GB then it’s capped at 4 Mbps on the app.

https://i.ibb.co/6sRCPcb/1-EC91-EA0-5393-4-B82-8-B93-57113-BB054-AB.jpg

yes, also on my account.

#4135 October 30 2022

Kareem

What's going on with Ogero lately? It's been 10 days and the browsing is laggy AF... I need to use a VPN in order to browse without having to refresh the page couple of times...

#4136 October 31 2022

yasamoka

Kareem wrote:

What's going on with Ogero lately? It's been 10 days and the browsing is laggy AF... I need to use a VPN in order to browse without having to refresh the page couple of times...

Same here, and that's on fiber.

#4137 January 14 2023

HzSamer

Does anyone have slow download problems with Ogero? This is my second day and the download speed barely hits 2mbps.
Upload and ping are not affected at all.
I tried two different modems and it's the same. I'm on VDSL Mazraa central.

14209266308.png

#4138 January 16 2023

m0ei

I'm having the same issue, I asked them to upgrade me to VDSL, they kept me on ADSL2+ and the internet speed dropped to 0.5mbps.. I emailed them and contacted them, they're still looking into it, today the speed went up to 2mbps (no more jitter, and better ping). It is still ridiculous, but I'm still waiting for them to fix it.

Do not ignore it, their support is horrible, so you will have to contact them multiple times. Also check your landline number, is it down? mine is still down.

Last edited by m0ei (January 16 2023)

#4139 January 17 2023

mikasa

m0ei wrote:

I'm having the same issue, I asked them to upgrade me to VDSL, they kept me on ADSL2+ and the internet speed dropped to 0.5mbps.. I emailed them and contacted them, they're still looking into it, today the speed went up to 2mbps (no more jitter, and better ping). It is still ridiculous, but I'm still waiting for them to fix it.

Do not ignore it, their support is horrible, so you will have to contact them multiple times. Also check your landline number, is it down? mine is still down.

Hi, even if my speed tops at 7mbps, i can still ask them to upgrade to vdsl and helps improve the speed? thanks

#4140 January 17 2023

agdroubi

mikasa wrote:
m0ei wrote:

Hi, even if my speed tops at 7mbps, i can still ask them to upgrade to vdsl and helps improve the speed? thanks

You should be within 1km to the centrale. Most probably you are farther than that.

#4141 February 4 2023

GeorgeN

Hello guys, just wanted to ask a few questions regarding Ogero. Do they suffer packet loss while gaming from 7pm - 11pm. How's the FUP on their unlimited packages? Also, do you guys recommend any specific ADSL package? (I'm too far for VDSL, speed syncs at up to 14mbit). I've been having horrible experiences with all private ISPs.

#4142 March 6 2023

mikasa

i subscribed to the limited 300mbps 400gb 2 months ago just to see the max speed i can get, i got between 5 - 7, this month i changed the plan to the unlimited 8, and of course there must be a ba3sa somewhere. why thery are hiding this info why i didnt hear about this before.

myogero consumption dashboard

#4143 March 6 2023

Salloum

mikasa wrote:

i subscribed to the limited 300mbps 400gb 2 months ago just to see the max speed i can get, i got between 5 - 7, this month i changed the plan to the unlimited 8, and of course there must be a ba3sa somewhere. why thery are hiding this info why i didnt hear about this before.

https://test-123.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud/Fi … gov.lb.png

To be fair, most unlimited plans anywhere in the world are subject to FUP. Just out of curiosity though, why would you need more than 20GB bandwidth per day?

#4144 March 6 2023

mikasa

Salloum wrote:

To be fair, most unlimited plans anywhere in the world are subject to FUP. Just out of curiosity though, why would you need more than 20GB bandwidth per day?

Big family and TikTok/yt/insta even though I was throttling their speed we exceeded the 400 gb last month

#4145 March 6 2023

yasamoka

Salloum wrote:

4 members in household, 1-2 constantly streaming video. Easily do 25GB+ per day.

#4146 March 6 2023

GeorgeN

mikasa wrote:

https://test-123.s3.fr-par.scw.cloud/Fi … gov.lb.png

Lol. To be honest at least they are specifying somewhere the actual throttling details. I had a cybersmart package with Cyberia and it was always max 2mbit regardless of ever using the internet, haha. I know Cyberia has a net addict unlimited package but you'll want to check the FUP details on that as they don't mention it anywhere.

#4147 March 12 2023

okdemarito

in my house we have the unlimited upto 800gb then caps at 4mbps plan
we once hit the 800gb and the internet was trash after that
allday everyday netflix, disney+ 24/7 + gaming+ torrent dowload/streaming
im contacted them today for vdsl i am 1km from the central i get about 10mbps (Ras El Nabaa is a very trash central) and upload speeds 70kbps

will vdsl  fix upload speeds?

Last edited by okdemarito (March 12 2023)

#4148 March 12 2023

okdemarito

#4149 March 17 2023

Naimoest

okdemarito wrote:

in my house we have the unlimited upto 800gb then caps at 4mbps plan
we once hit the 800gb and the internet was trash after that
allday everyday netflix, disney+ 24/7 + gaming+ torrent dowload/streaming
im contacted them today for vdsl i am 1km from the central i get about 10mbps (Ras El Nabaa is a very trash central) and upload speeds 70kbps

will vdsl  fix upload speeds?

Hey , I was using adsl2+ with the same bundle as you and I was getting 11mbps download and 2mbps upload,  switched to vdsl last week central(Akkar,Halba) and I'm getting 40-50mbps down and 8mbps up so I noticed that download and upload has increased both 4times it's means if you switch to vdsl the upload speed with be x4 faster than before means you will gets 2-3 mbps upload, and your problem may be from the modem itself and by switching to VDSL you will buy a new modem and the problem will be solved , and if not try so call 1515 and don't call them once or twice call them as must as you can to get that problem fixed sooner .

#4150 March 18 2023

fadijm

I have two telephone lines for my house. I used to get 30 mbps down and 6 up on one of my lines and on the other i just got an 6 mbps unlimited package as back up. When it started to rain the download speed went all the way down to 0-1 mbps but the upload stayed the same( I am taliing about the first line 30 mbps). I requested for ogero to send someone to check the box outside my house if it has any faults. They told me it is because of the internal cabling of the house which is odd my house is very new. I complied and changed the entire wiring of the house with better quality cables. I spent about 300 dollars to fix this damn mess and the issue persists. I got three certified electricians to check the voltages and everything and they confirm it is not myside that has an issue. I contacted ogero and they said that there is nothing they can do. I have been reading similar cases on this forum and on ogeros twitter page and it seems they is something happening that they are disclosing. They easily blame the house infrastructure. But they do not know that i have capital to pay for maintenance for my house. The second line works normally and i changed the package for it but the other one had better speed.

Screenshot%202023-03-18%20203248.png

Last edited by fadijm (March 18 2023)

Board footer