LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4076 December 13 2021

Moudimadi

Re: Feedback for Ogero

GeorgeN wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

You didn't reply to me guys.Anyone having slow speeds on Ogero's dsl or vdsl between 7 pm and 12 am? Specially the download speed. Inside my Modem it says 15Mbit. on speedtest i get 2 mbit or 3 max. The download is between 270 and 300 kb.sec maximum. Just between 7 and 12 or 1. I tried another modem router. Same. I'm on Vdsl btw. Thank you.

No issues at all here with speed, however i'm with THGV. I do suffer from packet loss that has been going on for a month though (they said it was from Ogero's side), which is why i'm posting here.

I have a reseller internet too. he's taking from global vision. I have both global vision reseller and Ogero Vdsl. Ogero is way more better by the way. Reseller is giving me 6 mbit Mbit speed and he has a peak time. Internet not stable. I think you're taking directly from global vision.

#4077 December 17 2021

Moudimadi

Hello, anyone having Ogero from central Khalde is getting maximum 1 to 2 mbit these days? Seems a problem in the central. Thank you

#4078 December 28 2021

HzSamer

mot.png

Last edited by HzSamer (December 28 2021)

#4079 January 2 2022

Kareem

Do you have a fiber connection? I find it very unfair that I need to pay for 200GB when someone else is paying the same amount for 1TB...

My CO is literally 200m away but we don't have fiber yet. The guy from Ogero who was installing VDSL told me that I can get fiber to home directly from the CO if I pay for cables but I didn't buy it.

The deployment plan is barely moving and honestly I lost hope and faith that it's gonna happen. I live in Beirut btw.

#4080 January 3 2022

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:

Do you have a fiber connection? I find it very unfair that I need to pay for 200GB when someone else is paying the same amount for 1TB...

My CO is literally 200m away but we don't have fiber yet. The guy from Ogero who was installing VDSL told me that I can get fiber to home directly from the CO if I pay for cables but I didn't buy it.

The deployment plan is barely moving and honestly, I lost hope and faith that it's gonna happen. I live in Beirut btw.

Not yet. I am connected to Mazraa CO and they started the work a few months ago but didn't reach our neighborhood. Even my VDSL barely reaches 18-22 Mbps, when the electricity problem started in Lebanon the connection became unstable in the speed.

A few days ago, I read Mr. Imad Kredieh said that the fiber deployment maybe will stop if things get worse.

I think you should go with it if you have the option to pay, it is worth it if you will stay in Lebanon. Check the speed, it's amazing!

2.jpg

Also, I noticed today that they are working on something new. Maybe new plans and pricing, so let's see what will happen next week.
1-oge.jpg 2-oge.jpg

And IDM has a new packgaes up to 500GB. I don't know if it's new or not.
https://www.idm.net.lb/adsl.html#plans

#4081 January 13 2022

az09za90za

guys any idea on the time delay for a dsl change of plan to be activated?

#4082 January 21 2022

dio

In Hamra, past few days my net has been disconnecting on its own about 20 times a day for about 1-2 minutes at a time, sometimes less. Packet loss, lots of errors in the router log and slower download speeds (from 15mb/s down to 7mb/s), kinda unplayable when gaming online.

Last night it was stable, with no cuts for a couple of hours. This makes me think its an external issue.

It was perfect for the past couple of years, I don't know what happened. Just wanna know if im alone on this?

#4083 January 21 2022

infiniteloop

Ogero is lacking mazout, so they are shutting down half of their servers to use less Amps

#4084 January 21 2022

dio

infiniteloop wrote:

Ogero is lacking mazout, so they are shutting down half of their servers to use less Amps

Im not that technically knowledgable, does that affect what I had written in my post? Packet loss and micro-disconnects?

#4085 January 27 2022

DG

I might be wrong but, if what infiniteloop is saying is true, half server capacity means an overloaded/saturated network which could translate into both packet loss (due to collision) and micro-disconnections.

#4086 January 28 2022

Moudimadi

Hello all, anyone of you ogero users are having high internet speeds inside the modem but not on devices? Inside my modem it gives me 15 or 16 mbit speed. But on alll devices it's maximum 500kb.sec. I tried more than 1 device.

#4087 January 29 2022

GeorgeN

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, anyone of you ogero users are having high internet speeds inside the modem but not on devices? Inside my modem it gives me 15 or 16 mbit speed. But on alll devices it's maximum 500kb.sec. I tried more than 1 device.

They're all doing strict throttling at peak times, no matter how fast your modem says your speed is, especially on videos and downloads. If you do a download test on testmy.net you'll get something horrendous like 300kbps at peak times.

#4088 January 30 2022

Moudimadi

GeorgeN wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

They're all doing strict throttling at peak times, no matter how fast your modem says your speed is, especially on videos and downloads. If you do a download test on testmy.net you'll get something horrendous like 300kbps at peak times.

Thank you George for your reply.

#4089 January 31 2022

dio

What an absolute joke of a company. Funny to think I actually defended them at some point. The past few weeks my net has been garbage. I live in Hamra with a ~16mb/s connection, all was well, now for the past week or so, it literally disconnects and reconnects every few minutes. It's unusable. And when it doest connect back again, it connects with a bandwidth of 2 or 3 mb/s, then disconnects again. And they have the gaul to put "Solved" as a ticket status on their website. Fuck them.

#4090 January 31 2022

AVOlio

Maybe there is something wrong on your end.

I vouch for Ogero, and I've tested their internet many times through many ways.
They do no throttle speeds at all.
They do not block any domain.

#4091 January 31 2022

dio

I'ts not from my end. The pattern of failure is too random to be from my end.

It works flawlessly for 2 days, then back to garbage. And i've epxerienced this exact thing over a year ago, i complained and complained till they finally fixed it, worked great for a year straight, now it's happening again, my hardware has not changed.

Also, how would it be from my end if the bandwidth changes from 3 mbs/ to 15mb/s every 5 minutes?

Last edited by dio (January 31 2022)

#4092 February 1 2022

HzSamer

Ogero offers great internet. They never did throttling at peak times. I am using the internet all day and play even in peak hours. The ping and the speed are stable.

I have some friends who were complaining about their speed. The problem was when you exceed your plan, Ogero reduces your speed so you will not consume too many GBs to avoid having a high bill. You need to call them and tell them to remove this setting for you to be able to have the full speed anytime you want.

#4093 February 1 2022

dio

HzSamer wrote:

Ogero offers great internet. They never did throttling at peak times. I am using the internet all day and play even in peak hours. The ping and the speed are stable.

I have some friends who were complaining about their speed. The problem was when you exceed your plan, Ogero reduces your speed so you will not consume too many GBs to avoid having a high bill. You need to call them and tell them to remove this setting for you to be able to have the full speed anytime you want.

In my case, this has nothing to do with throttling, it's the packet loss and micro-disconnects. One min it's connected at 1.04 mb/s, the next at 15 mb/s.

Red light on my router, then all of a sudden the next day, it works like a charm for about 12-15 hours. I already reported a fault, and they marked it as solved, but...it wasnt solved. LULW

FluxBB bbcode test

#4094 February 4 2022

HzSamer

I contacted Mr. Imad Kredieh on Twitter two days ago to check the updates on this tweet as I consumed around half of my plan in one day.
https://twitter.com/ikreidieh/status/14 … 5979624454

I didn't get a specific answer or a date, but in general, he told me that the goal is to have bigger plans like the fiber optic plans.

Also, there is good news. He told me that I can renew my plan without needing to wait for the next month.
When I asked if it is an upcoming or existed feature, he said "متاح بس اليوم الموظفين ما اجوا" and I think this option, for now, needs a visit to the central.

Also. I contacted Ogero to check about the renewal option, they told me "يمكن للشهر القادم".

So hopefully, we will have bigger plans next month.

Untitled.png

#4095 April 6 2022

Hosni

hi guys,

I'm trying to get ogero fiber to my company office, right now they dont have modems available.

however, they said if iam able to get a modem they will set me up with fiber connection, the modem they need is NOKIA G-140w (only this work as they said) do you where can i get such modem?

#4096 April 13 2022

ibxoful

Anyone Managed to get his admin credentials to his fiber modem (zhone model DZS)? Ogero refuses to help me in this matter.

#4097 April 20 2022

user

I am wondering about the E1 and the dedicated lines packages ogero provides. Are they worth the extra money? I am suffering instability issues where I am in Jounieh.

#4098 May 8 2022

Moudimadi

Hello. Anyone in khaldeh or dawhet aramoun is not having landline and internet as me? Yesterday the line stopped suddenly. my vdsl turned into adsl. very high line attenuation. 65db download. I dont know why it wasn't like that before and i used to have vdsl. i tried another modem. same. now i dont have internet and phone line anymore. i talked to someone i know in ogero he told me there is problem in central khalde. And it will be fixed today or tomorrow morning. Can anyone confirm please? Thank you.

#4099 May 21 2022

M03

Does anyone have inside information about Ogero's new plan pricings?

#4100 May 22 2022

HzSamer

M03 wrote:

Does anyone have inside information about Ogero's new plan pricings?

We will know in a few days but here is an idea of how they will be. Ogero confirmed the 6Mbps unlimited speed.

FTTg4jo-XEAAE0g-C.jpg ogero-1.png

Board footer