LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 6 2021

Moudimadi

Re: Feedback for TH Global Vision (THGV)

Hello all. I have internet thru a reseller that is taking from Global Vision. I always enter my account info to see the quota and these things. i have the 6 Mbit speed. My internet is stable. browsing and upload are amazing. I just have one problem. The download From like 7 Pm till 1 or 2 Am. 6 Mbit means 750 Kb.sec stable download rate. At these hours im not getting more than 200 or 300 kb.sec. I dont know why. I always talk to my reseller everytime he says something. last time he told me that global vision is full of users. And they'll do an uprade in 6 or 7th this month. I dont know what does he mean about the upgrade thing. Don't know what to do. Can anyone help me please?

#52 November 7 2021

GeorgeN

roy wrote:

Subbed to this for a month and had to cancel. It's stable during the day, but after 5pm the speed just drops to the point where google.com takes ages to load. And every time we reached out to see what the problem is, they'd be extremely annoyed we're talking to them "bhek awda3" lol.

I have problems with them too after 5 pm. The speed is fine it doesn't get too bad, still downloads at 900 KB/s, the issue is the packet loss that happens on online games. If you're a gamer you know what packet loss is very well. Ping is fine (90ms), but stuff just teleports places and there's a delay on your input. It's extremely annoying. But as you said "bhek awda3" they don't really care. I believe they have a gaming plan though.

#53 November 7 2021

nuclearcat

They care, but everything has it's cost. Given the depreciation of the lira (and many expenses in dollars), quality will decline across all operators as consumption rises and revenues fall.
1) Don't count on full speed during rush hours, especially as due electricity shortages, people squeeze in same time all downloads.
2) If you are concerned about games, it is better to take a gaming plan, this is a separate backbone where the quality of the channel is more monitored.

#54 November 21 2021

Moudimadi

Hello guys. No one replied to my previous post. I'm taking from global vision thru a reseller in my area. Today the download is maximum 130 kb.sec even though i have 6 mbit speed. Can the reseller cap my speed as he wants? I always get maximum 300 kb.sec speed and everytime he tells me something. Last time he told me global vision isn't giving customers full speed. I dont know what to do and how to  fix my download problem.

#55 November 22 2021

fadedo

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello guys. No one replied to my previous post. I'm taking from global vision thru a reseller in my area. Today the download is maximum 130 kb.sec even though i have 6 mbit speed. Can the reseller cap my speed as he wants? I always get maximum 300 kb.sec speed and everytime he tells me something. Last time he told me global vision isn't giving customers full speed. I dont know what to do and how to  fix my download problem.

I have been a subscriber with them for two years and i have been getting 30 mbps down and 6 up with not gaming lag and no packet loss. contact th global vision directly and ask them those questions. it may be because your area which i assume is in beirut is getting a lot of traffic.

#56 November 22 2021

Moudimadi

fadedo wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I have been a subscriber with them for two years and i have been getting 30 mbps down and 6 up with not gaming lag and no packet loss. contact th global vision directly and ask them those questions. it may be because your area which i assume is in beirut is getting a lot of traffic.

I did contact global vision. they told me we can do nothing because you're taking from a reseller. if there is a problem just tell him and he'll contact us. So i dont know what to do. I dont know who's lying them or my reseller and btw i live in dawhet aramoun no not in beirut.Mount Lebanon

Last edited by Moudimadi (November 22 2021)

#57 November 26 2021

GeorgeN

Moudimadi wrote:
fadedo wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I did contact global vision. they told me we can do nothing because you're taking from a reseller. if there is a problem just tell him and he'll contact us. So i dont know what to do. I dont know who's lying them or my reseller and btw i live in dawhet aramoun no not in beirut.Mount Lebanon

As far as I know THGV doesn't cap download speeds unless you download huge amounts and go over what the FUP states. It's probably your reseller has too much traffic. I recommend just connecting with them directly. The only problems I have is with ping during peak times. It has been great since I subbed with them 1 year ago, but right now it's just very unstable anywhere from 3 pm -> 12 am

#58 November 27 2021

GeorgeN

Hi guys, just wanted to ask if someone is having continuous packet loss to 192.168.99.1. I just confirmed that this is now happening 24 hours a day, no matter what time time I do the ping test. (it's worse at peak times but happens even at times like 2 am and 6 am). It makes it impossible to play online games no matter what time it is.

8mN9mSn

Any ideas? @nuclearcat : Is this happening with anyone else as per your knowledge?

Sorry the image isn't working, it's this one: https://ibb.co/8mN9mSn

Last edited by GeorgeN (November 27 2021)

#59 November 27 2021

nuclearcat

Packetloss to 192.168.99.1 means either your router issue or reseller network problem.
It should not happen.

#60 November 27 2021

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

Packetloss to 192.168.99.1 means either your router issue or reseller network problem.
It should not happen.

Hi nuclearcat, thanks for the reply. I am constantly getting "request timed out"  + occasional ping spikes  (20-100ms hops instead of 5-6ms). I am a direct customer of THGV. Is there any way I can confirm the source of the problem?

#61 November 28 2021

nuclearcat

You need to contact support and the person you are paying money to, and explain that you did all the tests and noticed latency issues on this hop. Also try to ping 10.0.25.10 (thats DNS server).
Be sure to run ping to your router IP at the same time (2 visually visible windows on screenshot),  and you should visually show that the ping to your router is OK and stable, but not to 192.168.99.1 and 10.0.25.10. Try to run ping different sizes, default and then 1000 bytes packets.

Unfortunately i am not sure whats next, (this applies not only to THGV), now because of the lira exchange rate, the per user operator's profit and the salaries of telecom employees have fallen so low, that i cannot even ask anybody to work on reliability issues. I have a feeling that if the salary situation does not change, soon there will be no one to support the internet in Lebanon.
If the problem is not fundamentally difficult and you are polite enough, i think you can be convince someone in THGV to solve it. Just keep asking.
Unfortunately I don't have access and information about the end-user / access network to help. But when you have screenshot and all results, send me in PM with username, i will send to our internal chat.

#62 November 28 2021

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

You need to contact support and the person you are paying money to, and explain that you did all the tests and noticed latency issues on this hop. Also try to ping 10.0.25.10 (thats DNS server).
Be sure to run ping to your router IP at the same time (2 visually visible windows on screenshot),  and you should visually show that the ping to your router is OK and stable, but not to 192.168.99.1 and 10.0.25.10. Try to run ping different sizes, default and then 1000 bytes packets.

Unfortunately i am not sure whats next, (this applies not only to THGV), now because of the lira exchange rate, the per user operator's profit and the salaries of telecom employees have fallen so low, that i cannot even ask anybody to work on reliability issues. I have a feeling that if the salary situation does not change, soon there will be no one to support the internet in Lebanon.
If the problem is not fundamentally difficult and you are polite enough, i think you can be convince someone in THGV to solve it. Just keep asking.
Unfortunately I don't have access and information about the end-user / access network to help. But when you have screenshot and all results, send me in PM with username, i will send to our internal chat.

Thanks a lot nuclearcat, your help is always appreciated especially during these times. I'll contact support tomorrow and update you.

#63 December 7 2021

GeorgeN

GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Thanks a lot nuclearcat, your help is always appreciated especially during these times. I'll contact support tomorrow and update you.

Just an update, I called THGV support and they confirmed to me that everyone has been having high packet loss for the past 3 weeks on online gaming, and they are working with ogero / their IT team to figure out what the issue is. So for now we just wait and hope I guess. But if you ask me from the tone of his voice it did sound like something that they don't know really know how to solve, or something that they can't really solve (issue from high traffic or maybe a piece of expensive equipment needs replacing and we know no one is willing to do that in this situation).

Edit: It's definitely due to high traffic somewhere. 7 am - 10 am there is no packet loss or lag at all to 192.168.99.1. After 11:30 to 12 it starts and keeps getting worse and happens up until 1 am before it's fixed again. I'd understand if it was happening during peak time, like 6 pm - 11pm maybe, but 12 pm -> 1 am is like the whole day haha.

Last edited by GeorgeN (December 8 2021)

#64 December 13 2021

Space

Anyone facing issues in terms of speed with THGV? Yesterday the speed wouldn't exceed 1mbps.
I'm subscribed to 4mbps unlimited plan, but checking the panel (mypanel.thglobalvision.net) shows that I have a limited Quota 700gb/month with 7mbps speed. (The speed doesn't go above 5 mbps, I used to get 14mbps cache and 4mbps real speed)
Also, the SNR increased from 10 to 15-16 (not sure if that's related to them).

Last edited by Space (December 13 2021)

#65 December 15 2021

Space

The prices and plans changed

DSL:
7 Mb    750 GB     - 66,000 LBP
9 Mb    950 GB- 85,000 LBP
Open Speed    300 GB - 75,000 LBP
Open Speed    600 GB - 120,000 LBP
Gaming plan:       Open Speed   500 GB - 90,000 LBP + Free Gaming mode

VDSL:
Open Speed    300 GB    - 85,000 LBP
Open Speed    600 GB     - 150,000 LBP

Army plans:
6 Mb Unlimited - 50,000 LBP
Open Speed Unlimited - 75,000

Real ip : 150,000 LBP

Those plans got cancelled:
4 Mb 300 GB
4 Mb unlimited

For THGV users, is the speed stable at night? Because for me it doesn't exceed 1mbps, probably around 9pm to 1am.

Last edited by Space (December 15 2021)

#66 December 16 2021

GeorgeN

Space wrote:

DSL:

VDSL:

Army plans:

4 Mb 300 GB
4 Mb unlimited

For THGV users, is the speed stable at night? Because for me it doesn't exceed 1mbps, probably around 9pm to 1am.

Not only is it stable but it's unexplainably fast. I am torrenting at 2.3 MB/s and considering my dsl settings only say 9800 mbps im not sure how that is even possible.

Also it appears that they fixed the packet loss issue. Looks like they were getting DDoS'd or something. It's not happening anymore but at the same time I can't ping -t 192.168.99.1 or the dns server anymore, they block all ping requests. So amazing download speeds and video streaming, no packet loss. However the ping is bad anywhere after 5 pm. 120 - 150ms to europe.

Last edited by GeorgeN (December 16 2021)

#67 December 16 2021

Space

GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:

DSL:

VDSL:

Army plans:

4 Mb 300 GB
4 Mb unlimited

Not only is it stable but it's unexplainably fast. I am torrenting at 2.3 MB/s and considering my dsl settings only say 9800 mbps im not sure how that is even possible.

Also it appears that they fixed the packet loss issue. Looks like they were getting DDoS'd or something. It's not happening anymore but at the same time I can't ping -t 192.168.99.1 or the dns server anymore, they block all ping requests. So amazing download speeds and video streaming, no packet loss. However the ping is bad anywhere after 5 pm. 120 - 150ms to europe.

Interesting tbh, if you don't mind asking, which plan do you've?

#68 December 16 2021

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:

Interesting tbh, if you don't mind asking, which plan do you've?

Open speed 300GB

#69 January 22 2022

GeorgeN

Has anyone been capped at half the speed lately? I'm usually on 10-11mbit but I can't get anything above 5mbit atm no matter how often I restart the router.

#70 January 22 2022

Space

GeorgeN wrote:

Has anyone been capped at half the speed lately? I'm usually on 10-11mbit but I can't get anything above 5mbit atm no matter how often I restart the router.

My speed went from 14mbps to 6mbps then from 6mbps to 4mbps. SNR value increased from 10.1 to 23. It happens every time I renew my subscription. I have the 7mbps/750gb plan. At first I assumed it's an issue from ogero's box so I attached the router directly to it but nothing changed same SNR value and speed.

#71 January 22 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

My speed went from 14mbps to 6mbps then from 6mbps to 4mbps. SNR value increased from 10.1 to 23. It happens every time I renew my subscription. I have the 7mbps/750gb plan. At first I assumed it's an issue from ogero's box so I attached the router directly to it but nothing changed same SNR value and speed.

Looks like they halved all the speeds intentionally. To be honest with you it has been horrendous lately. I'm on the open speed / 300GB plan, and even if my modem says 12mbit I get 2-3mbit max during peak times. The only time I get proper speeds atm is early morning or very late at night. (12am+). Sometimes when I watch a few videos I get capped so badly the download speed goes to 250kbps and I have to use VPN to bypass it.

Edit: My speed is currently capped at 4mbps no matter what time it is, the max DL speed I can get is 500 kb/s, and that's on torrents, anything else is slower. Modem stats says it's 9mbps.

Last edited by GeorgeN (January 23 2022)

#72 February 1 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Just an update. They are definitely doing something fishy with the throttling. My old modem was always synced at 5mbit, so I decided to change the machine and use my own dsl modem (newer model). To my surprise when I plugged the new modem in the speed was ALWAYS synced at 11-13mbit and I was getting the speed. This has been the case for like 5 days, until suddenly now my new machine is permanently synced at 5mbit for no reason and I can't get a faster speed. Don't think it's a coincidence.

#73 February 1 2022

nuclearcat

GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Just an update. They are definitely doing something fishy with the throttling. My old modem was always synced at 5mbit, so I decided to change the machine and use my own dsl modem (newer model). To my surprise when I plugged the new modem in the speed was ALWAYS synced at 11-13mbit and I was getting the speed. This has been the case for like 5 days, until suddenly now my new machine is permanently synced at 5mbit for no reason and I can't get a faster speed. Don't think it's a coincidence.

THGV(and similar ISPs, unless they clearly state they have their own DSLAM, which as i know not case anymore) have no control at all on DSL network (DSL modems speeds and etc). It belongs to Ogero, and they just provide VLAN for THGV.

Last edited by nuclearcat (February 1 2022)

#74 February 13 2022

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:

THGV(and similar ISPs, unless they clearly state they have their own DSLAM, which as i know not case anymore) have no control at all on DSL network (DSL modems speeds and etc). It belongs to Ogero, and they just provide VLAN for THGV.

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification nuclearcat, but in that case how do we explain the throttled download speeds. DSL modem synced at 11-12mbps all the time, but download speed is always capped at 6-7mbps during non peak times, and as low as 1-2mbps during peak times. Have to go on VPN during peak times or my videos and downloads are way too slow.

Edit: Actually sorry I gave it to much credit, this is the speed at like 6 pm - 10:30pm

slow internet

Last edited by GeorgeN (February 13 2022)

#75 September 28 2022

GeorgeN

Just an update on THGV: The internet is amazing all the time until the clock hits 9 pm, that is when they cut off the internet to 100 - 200kbps, absolutely unusable. During this time, they only allow traffic to websites like youtube, instagram, google, and facebook. Any other traffic is blocked completely from using download and you can only get like 10KB/s. Due to this I will be switching ISPs - Leaving this feedback here to warn others.

Board footer