LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4051 June 6 2021

nuclearcat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/2818 … t-services
Chairman Director General at the state-run internet company OgeroTelecom voiced alarm on Sunday that the company’s services would gravely be affected by the continuous rise in power rationing.

#4052 June 6 2021

NuclearVision

rationing was what we were used to in the past years, Now it's more like no power at all.

#4053 June 10 2021

nuclearcat

https://twitter.com/OgeroTelecom/status … 4861645832

إن الضغط الكبير على مولدات الطاقة الكهربائية الخاصة بأوجيرو، والذي يعود سببه للارتفاع غير المسبوق بساعات التقنين الكهربائي، قد أدى إلى تعطل عدد من تلك المولدات وتبعاً لذلك إلى توقف خدماتنا لصالح المشتركين في المناطق التالية: ١/٢

كفرحتا/ كفريا وضهر لاسين وعنايا ولحفد وزفتا / النميرية والدامور / المشرف وخلدة. تعمل فرقنا وبكل جهودها على إصلاح الأعطال الطارئة إلا أن ذلك قد يستغرق بعض الوقت. ٢\٢

#4054 June 10 2021

AVOlio

Ogero internet issues anyone?

Not related to the problem posted above, but im having very low speeds than usual and the sn margin keeps going up and down.

Matn area.

#4055 June 28 2021

DG

Anyone know if Ogero will be extending the double speed / double quota plans after June 30th ?

#4056 July 11 2021

RH-ExtremeG

Hello everyone, I had this issue long time ago when I used to be an IDM client, my sn margin would fluctuates depending on if its dawle electricity or eshtirak. On eshtirak everything is perfect reaching an sn margin of more than 22 on the other hand when dawle is up, the sn margin woule drop to less than 9 and thus would affect my download speed by half. However, now I am an ogero client and technicians came to my ogero box and said I could achieve a speed of 18 mbps and that’s not an internet team problem he said that I should contact 1515 again and tell them to see the cables team. Does Ogero offer to fix cables such as setting up new cable from my house to the ogero box using a cat 6 cable ? Or they will tell me to set it up alone?

#4057 September 16 2021

DG

Anyone with Ogero DSL down at the moment ?

#4058 September 16 2021

dio

Yeah. It went down like an hour ago, restarted the router and it worked. Then went down again for 20 min. Came back just now

#4059 September 16 2021

GeorgeN

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero DSL down at the moment ?

Keeps going down then works again when you restart. Driving me insane.

Edit: It's working again but the packet loss is insane while gaming.

Last edited by GeorgeN (September 16 2021)

#4060 September 16 2021

DG

10:20pm here, still no internet

#4061 September 17 2021

samer
Admin

Context for the outage:

A “technical failure” has caused internet service interruptions in “a number of areas,” according to the state-owned telecom provider, Ogero. The company could not immediately be reached for further information

Internet service in previously impacted areas has been restored, Ogero told L’Orient Today, adding that additional, “preventive” maintenance will be performed at 4 a.m. tomorrow

Source: https://today.lorientlejour.com/live-news

#4062 September 27 2021

dio

Hello, my Fiber box was defined a couple of weeks and I got a call from Ogero asking me what package I want and saying that a team will SMS me an appointment so they can bring over the fiber modem, does anyone have any ETA on this? How long does it usually take them?

#4063 November 10 2021

user

My brother in Jounieh is telling me he is getting 256 kbps at the most, it previously used to be 4mbps. Unfortunately I immigrated and can't get any snr or line attenuation stats. Is this a thing now with DSL where it is back to abysmal speeds?(I was hoping to work from home on occasions)

edit: false alarm, we took the router in to ogero, they did some returning and the speed is now acceptable at 3mbps

Last edited by user (November 13 2021)

#4064 November 11 2021

Kareem

Hi guys long time indeed. I recently moved and my CO is now Ras el Nabeh so far as good. I am using the same modem after changing the Ogero username and pass however, IPv6 which used to work in my old apartment is refusing to connect.

I get an IPv6 WAN address and I can ping any website but there's simply no route. So DNSv6  is working but reply from any remote host.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

#4065 November 11 2021

Ramnesia

Hey, How long does it usually takes to get VDSL, I applied on 19 Oct through Twitter and they told me the first week of next month, I chatted with them again a couple of days ago and someone told me they are still running the feasibility test! My CO is Nahr.

#4066 November 28 2021

ramy58

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

#4067 November 28 2021

new_user

ramy58 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced an abnormal surge in data consumption? I'm on the 600 GB fiber plan, and I usually never consume more than 60% of my quota, but yesterday I received an SMS from Ogero telling me I reached a 100%. I checked the website, and it said that I had consumed more than 1TB ??? I checked my devices for data usage and I didn't see anything unusual. Do you think it might be a glitch? I wanna contact ogero to have a breakdown of my day by day consumption this month, do you think they could send that to me?

Could it be that someone has access to your wifi network? You can check the users connected through your router's page (check the DHCP page)

#4068 November 28 2021

ramy58

new_user wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Could it be that someone has access to your wifi network? You can check the users connected through your router's page (check the DHCP page)

I'm not seeing anything weird, how easy is it to hack a WPA/WPA2 password? I changed it just to be safe.

Last edited by ramy58 (November 28 2021)

#4069 November 28 2021

new_user

ramy58 wrote:
new_user wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

I'm not seeing anything weird, how easy is it to hack a WPA/WPA2 password? I changed it just to be safe.

I was just taking a guess but it seems its not the case. I'm not familiar with how easy it is to hack a WPA/WPA2 password but changing the password is always a good move.

#4070 November 29 2021

ramy58

Turns out it was actually was a glitch, the consumption meter went back down to 70% today.

#4071 December 7 2021

Moudimadi

Hello All, anyone of you are having slow speeds beween 7 pm till 11 pm or 12 am? Since 3 weeks till now.everyday im having very slow speeds between 7 and 11 or 12. Inside my modem i get 15 mbit download speed. but on speedtest i get 1 or 2 mbit max. and the download transfer rate is maximum 200 to 300 kb/sec. I dont know if ogero are limiting the speeds at these times. I asked them they said no. So please if anyone is having this problem tell me. And if anyone knows how to solve it also tell me. Thank you so much.

#4072 December 13 2021

Moudimadi

You didn't reply to me guys.Anyone having slow speeds on Ogero's dsl or vdsl between 7 pm and 12 am? Specially the download speed. Inside my Modem it says 15Mbit. on speedtest i get 2 mbit or 3 max. The download is between 270 and 300 kb.sec maximum. Just between 7 and 12 or 1. I tried another modem router. Same. I'm on Vdsl btw. Thank you.

#4073 December 13 2021

bobo619

Moudimadi wrote:

You didn't reply to me guys.Anyone having slow speeds on Ogero's dsl or vdsl between 7 pm and 12 am? Specially the download speed. Inside my Modem it says 15Mbit. on speedtest i get 2 mbit or 3 max. The download is between 270 and 300 kb.sec maximum. Just between 7 and 12 or 1. I tried another modem router. Same. I'm on Vdsl btw. Thank you.

No problem here with ogero but I used to have the same problem with sodetel. Use a vpn ans it should solve your problem

Last edited by bobo619 (December 13 2021)

#4074 December 13 2021

GeorgeN

Moudimadi wrote:

No issues at all here with speed, however i'm with THGV. I do suffer from packet loss that has been going on for a month though (they said it was from Ogero's side), which is why i'm posting here.

#4075 December 13 2021

Moudimadi

bobo619 wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

No problem here with ogero but I used to have the same problem with sodetel. Use a vpn ans it should solve your problem

Someone called me from Ogero. He told me that tomorrow they'll put me on port test. I didn't understand what is port test is. But he said that they will come to the cabinet im taking from, the active cabinet and they will change the port. They have to the IT department said. So im gonna wait till tomorrow. i hope it will get fixed

Board footer