LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 24 2016

nefe_lpmk

Payment gateway for mobile app

Hey guys,
We are currently in the process of building Mobile application with a built in online store.
I am looking for a payment gateway to accept cards online.
All the threads about the subject are few years old here, check for any update and if any go-to method for this is available.
I have check
2checkout : Available in Lebanon : 3.9% + 45 C.

My Concerns :
Is it available in lebanon?
Can we withdraw the cash to a Lebanese bank account?
Can we integrate it with the android/ios app?
I cant use use Audi and netcommerce as they require registering a company ($2500+) which is out of the picture right now.

Please advise.
Thank you

#2 July 24 2016

Georges00

Re: Payment gateway for mobile app

Check out Skrill

#3 July 25 2016

samer
Admin

If your target audience is tech aware, you can use bitcoin.

#4 September 23 2016

Metalloy

@ nefe

any updates about your evantual method of choice as I am interested in the subject too.

#5 September 23 2016

jsaade

nefe_lpmk wrote:

Hey guys,
We are currently in the process of building Mobile application with a built in online store.
I am looking for a payment gateway to accept cards online.
All the threads about the subject are few years old here, check for any update and if any go-to method for this is available.
I have check
2checkout : Available in Lebanon : 3.9% + 45 C.

My Concerns :
Is it available in lebanon?
Can we withdraw the cash to a Lebanese bank account?
Can we integrate it with the android/ios app?
I cant use use Audi and netcommerce as they require registering a company ($2500+) which is out of the picture right now.

Please advise.
Thank you

I am not aware of any bank account in Lebanon that will allow you to deposit money into your account without actually being a business, legally that is.
I worked with Blom that uses cybersource which is good.

check:
https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13668

#6 September 23 2016

Metalloy

@jsaade
what are the fees for using blom bank/ ybersource  gateway

#7 December 1 2016

nefe_lpmk

I ended up registering a company and going the bank gateway route.
It cost me around 2000$ overall.

#8 January 10 2020

HooZ

@nefe_lpmk what is the process? i'm trying to do the same right now, i have 3 options :
Areeba, Payfort ( both require registering a company)
or 2Checkout
but i don't know if using 2checkout will cause me problems

can someone elaborate on this please

#9 January 11 2020

Hybrid

As far as I know, almost everybody had a problem with 2 checkout at some point, they just aren't as reliable.

Areeba MPGS or BoB MPGS might be the ideal solution in Lebanon, it's what most apps use nowadays (Zaatar w Zeit, Makhsoom...)

You might be able to get away with a "مؤسسة فردية" instead of a company, it costs like 1 million instead of 3 as far as I know. Contact them and ask them if they will accept it.

Also, as far as I remember, beside the commission per transaction, you need to pay a monthly fee, around $200 or so.

#10 January 12 2020

nefe_lpmk

HooZ wrote:

@nefe_lpmk what is the process? i'm trying to do the same right now, i have 3 options :
Areeba, Payfort ( both require registering a company)
or 2Checkout
but i don't know if using 2checkout will cause me problems

can someone elaborate on this please

For the route I went with:

1) Open an official entity:
* Mou2asase fardiye (1 person, no lawyer required, no audit required) cost around 1M Lira. You have to write the specific mission of the entity and do the daweyir hop for couple of days.
OR
* Open a sharika (you need 3 partners) + Lawyer + audit. For this you Need to have a bigger investment and is more difficult.

I recommend you go the mou2asasa fardiye route. Note that you have to declare taxes each year and you are personally liable for it.

2) Go to a local bank (Audi...) and tell them you want to open a POS account + payment gateway under your mou2asasa name (you need the papers from daweyir to prove it).
You pay around 500$ account fees, and 30$ per month + 3-5% of ever transaction. You will be redirected left and right, and most people there don't understand what you are talking about, but with perseverance you can achieve this.

3) They give you a private CD with instructions and code inside on how to set it up with your website/app + a portal and a bank account to check the transactions.

#11 January 14 2020

HooZ

Thank you so much guys, i will go for the sharika fardiyya, but i couldn’t find any link online to call or apply,
Should i hire a lawyer to help or it’s easy for me to do?

Board footer