LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 31 2013

Nabs

Payment gateway for online Lebanese store needed

Anybody has experience with this at all? I am launching an online store, and I would like people to have the ability to pay by credit or debit cards. How do I do that please? I tried eWay and DirectOne, both do not support Lebanon.

#2 January 31 2013

rolf

Re: Payment gateway for online Lebanese store needed

2 checkout can be an option...

#3 January 31 2013

DNA

actually i was going to launch an online store but failed because of the payment gateway almost all good known payment gateway providers do not support lebanon with the exception of 2checkout and moneybookers. and local payment gateway providers such as bank Audi are way too expensive.

2checkout service is great but i think its much suited if you have high sales volume since they charge a monthly fee + a percentage on the transactions but you need to have a merchant account.

moneybookers on the other hand do not require a monthly fee nor a merchant account just a small percentage on transactions but they need information about you and your business such as invoices, suppliers, agreements etc...

those are the ones i recommend for you check them out!

#4 January 31 2013

Mr. Anderson

Pay on delivery seems a better option for Lebanon

#5 January 31 2013

samer
Admin

You can use a Lebanese one like NetCommerce (disregard the horrible website) and Audi E-Payment. I would also check Google Wallet, I believe it supports Lebanon (I used it back when it was called Checkout).

#6 January 31 2013

Nabs

Thanks everyone. The problem with payment on delivery, is I that I fear people might place bogus orders, which will make me pay for the delivery either way, causing me to lose money. The products that will be posted aren't mine. It's like Amazon, I promote other people's stuff, get commissioned for them and have them shipped over.

#7 January 31 2013

Mr. Anderson

You can always call your customers to check if they are for real.
As for your business model, it has been done many times before, and it failed, one good example is mizalla.com
I think you could succeed if you go for a niche category, like branded cloths, and lower your prices below the competitors.

#8 January 31 2013

Nabs

Thanks, Mr. Anderson. Huge fan. Sorry about what happened, you know, the matrix and all.

#9 January 31 2013

Fischer

I don't know about 2checkout but i see Syria on the blacklist, i don't think that's a good news for someone living in Lebanon.
you can use audi as samer stated but in order to do so you have to register a company, you know what that means, probably it will cost you 2500$ + annual fee. And you don't know yet if you're gonna make money from your site, that's a huge risk. The other option is cybersource.com they also ask you to register a company, i currently need a payment gateway for a django project and for a php project, that's how i know all that stuff i contacted pretty much everyone out there, we have a meeting with audi on monday to see how it goes.

the best option for you i guess is moneybookers.com

Last edited by Fischer (January 31 2013)

#10 January 31 2013

AnTo

Fischer wrote:

I don't know about 2checkout but i see Syria on the blacklist, i don't think that's a good news for someone living in Lebanon.
you can use audi as samer stated but in order to do so you have to register a company, you know what that means, probably it will cost you 2500$ + annual fee. And you don't know yet if you're gonna make money from your site, that's a huge risk. The other option is cybersource.com they also ask you to register a company, i currently need a payment gateway for a django project and for a php project, that's how i know all that stuff i contacted pretty much everyone out there, we have a meeting with audi on monday to see how it goes.

the best option for you i guess is moneybookers.com

2Checkout Customer since 2011, i use Payoneer Card to withdraw the Money from ATM or i use it anywhere else that accept MasterCard.

cardiN74b.jpg

My Experience with Payoneer is good so far, the card arrived with Libanpost after 1 month, i think you can pay more for DHL shipment, you can check the fees here http://goo.gl/z7X3m

#11 January 31 2013

Mr. Anderson

2checkout is working for Lebanon.
You could try that first before going to Audi or NetCommerce

#12 January 31 2013

Fischer

thanks dudes, i'm going for 2checkout :)

#13 January 31 2013

MrClass

Hey guys. I got a meeting with Netcommerce on Tuesday. I'll see what they have to offer. Though what does the payment gateway supply you exactly? What are the requirements of your website to be valid for online transactions (technology used)? It would be amazing if someone could make up a tutorial to cover this aspect. I will try my best to document my progress towards making online transactions work on my institution's website. Online transactions is a feature that has never been clear in this country.

Last edited by MrClass (January 31 2013)

#14 January 31 2013

Mr. Anderson

You could use any technology that supports MD5 hashing.
Anyway, here is a detailed technical guide on how to integrate with NetCommerce gateway
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?t02wgg2w25gdd60

#15 October 28 2014

eam

We work with Blom bank gateway.

They will provide CyberSource account; the world first payment management company. (they provide the gateway for Microsoft, nike, apple, lenovo, ebay, airfrance, homedepot....)

Regards,
EAM

Board footer