LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 14 2007

Tigerheart.Hackers

Lebanese Videogames

We're currently working on creating a videogames department that will hopefully create some good simple games for the Lebanes gamers to begin with, and the rest of the world to follow. Not all games have to be fancy, but all games have to be fun to play with. This is a special invitation to everyone who has ever had a dream of becoming part of the videogames community, this is your chance. We need programmers, designers, design executers, models and modellers, artists, editors, testers, and directors. Every completed game will get a contract, and will be sold GENUINELY, and the profit will go to those who worked on it. Now, I know a large cut of people dream about working in the games business, but not everyone is cut for it. So please go easy on yourselves and make no fuss about it, alright? We're trying to encourage the Lebanese working hand, and this is work. Why should the rest of the world make games and we don't? We have the brains and the skills. Let's put some effor into it people, alright? Digit Pen students, bring it on. If anyone has a game that is ready for marketing, we'll handle it. And if someone wants to be part of out first game to be officially released, you're welcome aboard to give your juices a test drive. Our project right now is a 2D arcade beat-em-game. Have your people call our people, we'll have lunch sometimes together.

#2 May 14 2007

samer
Admin

Re: Lebanese Videogames

Digit Pen students

<offtopic> now i see who you are :), i'm the guy that gave you the ad. </offtopic>

Ronald Halabi, (which is a member here, but not currently active) has worked on some games. Last time i checked he was working on an FPS. I think he might be interested!

(check out his profile: rohalabi)

#3 May 14 2007

Padre

i did couple of games and couple of maya movies back in the days.
the games weren't really fancy cause we were more into the physics engine and movements simulation.
get a crew going and lets start  i dont think u'll find anyone with a game premaid. we'll have to get along, and start the work as a team. would be much more interesting and a lot better to enjoy.

#4 May 14 2007

mir

i think someone with the nick of flamie here also has a really really good experience in game programming

i don't have prior experience in doing any game .. exept the jackpot ..and couple of similar games
well.. i am intrested to see how things work
wouldn't say no to helping

but what is the theme of the game
and what makes it different from the shoot me games we see everywhere
anything related only to lebanon ?

#5 May 14 2007

samer
Admin

Flamie a.k.a Marc Wehbe worked for digipen and NOA (nintendo of america) so I guess he's a Digipen student too.

#6 November 19 2007

Rexus

I wish I could work for Nintendo one day, but my whole line of study is so different. Anyway, wish you guys luck and I would love to know if Digipen still attend students aged 22/23 and have a business degree. I would love to learn about game making as a side activity to my work.

#7 November 19 2007

battikh

i would be glad to help but i'm not in lebanon and don't have much experience in the field.

anyways, i always thought big universities like AUB or USJ should go into projects like that. they have all the brains needed, the graphic designer, the programmers, the musicians, ... all they need is 1 or 2 teachers to work as project managers and assign tasks to students from different majors as university projects. they used to give us stupid useless project that we do just for the exam and then it's over, such projects would be much more interesting, much more challenging and much more useful

#8 November 20 2007

mir

i recently met a guy, khayo can do some serious directx 10 programming
and how 10 is so different from 9
he told me khayo did lot of games and such when he felt i was intrested in the conv.. and how hard it is to do game programing and about the books and the new laptop he got him..when i asked what company he works in he mentioned something like he is not working in programing company that he has a special case

i can manage to get you his contact info !

#9 November 20 2007

WizaRd

serious programming on a laptop ? thats a bit hard... but yea, games are much more complicated than programs.

#10 November 21 2007

Cedric

That's some nice news :)..

Board footer