LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 19 2017

nas93

Re: Local Internet Supplier (Metn Area) - Technically a scam exposed

nuclearcat wrote:
nas93 wrote:
Ngel wrote:

Regardless of what I think or how I feel towards this issue,

What you are doing and showing off here is 100% illegal, and the topic should be brought down.

According to you and you alone.

Unauthorized access to admin account is a crime in any country, so Ngel is absolutely right.

Honestly, I doubt that even yourself understand what you just said.

#27 September 19 2017

Johnaudi

I think anyone with basic to mature reverse engineering skills can manage to do the same thing I did. I am not bragging or anything near that, this is a geeks forum where resides developers and engineers far better than the student I may be, I was just trying to spread awareness and perhaps help if possible (as it seems unethical, presumably won't). It is amazing how we've managed to change the subject completely, but as this had happened, and as I had stated before, there is no need for such thread to stay.

#28 September 20 2017

samer
Admin

I think John crossed an ethical (and perhaps a legal) boundary by removing the limitations imposed on his account. This caused a few members to call him out and encouraged me to delete this thread.

While I disagree with John's actions, I don't think he should be censored. I think John contributed valuable information on how internet connections get throttled in Lebanon, allowing you to better understand the behavior of your connection and have a more informed discussion about it with your ISP.

He decided to censor himself and that is his choice to make.

Board footer