LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 19 2007

WizaRd

noisy pc

hello geekzers,

i have been having this problem for the last week with my pc. It's been 1 year and few months it is running fine after I bought it bass now when i turn it on i get a loud noisy sound... halla2 i let it get into windows, then i turn it off from there w berja3 bdawwero and ba77 the noise is gone !

It is not bothering me too much enno it requires a turn off and 5 mins from my morning time but I would like to hear suggestions about it. COuld it be the PSU ?

la anno when the noise is gone it is gone kell el nhar (it doesnt come back when im heavy loading it or anything), bterja3 bass the next morning..

thanks for any inputs!

#2 March 19 2007

karim soubra

Re: noisy pc

you should first identify the part that is making the noise if it has a fan clean it using compressed air can it is the easiest way to do it
plus give the whole system a clean up it won't hurt
i clean mine every 6 months or so i remove all fans and heat sinks and give them a thorough cleaning
also use a monitor software such as sensorsview pro
i think the psu is a bit worked out clean it if the problem persist change it after you test on a different system just to check things up

#3 March 19 2007

WizaRd

will try to do that when i get back home, bass enno lets say it is a fan problem.. why does it work all day without a sound after i turn off the pc and turn it on again and the next morning (after 6 hours rest) the noise is back ?

#4 March 19 2007

mir

Weird
after doin what karim sugested (u haven't cleaned ur system 4 a year so , so cleanin won't hurt)
and tryin to troublshoot
if nothin worked than
maybe there is some kind of software anti_viri or indexin service that is scheduled at every new day
maybe this service scanin ur disks & makin that noise (this is the less likely situation)

#5 March 19 2007

WizaRd

la2 la2 the noise begins ana w ba3edneh on the bios screen

ill give it a try and some tests to see what is happening and ill report my conclusions!

#6 March 19 2007

karim soubra

it is the power-up self test(post) it draws a lot of electricity from the psu to check if all is all right

Last edited by karim soubra (March 19 2007)

#7 March 19 2007

samer
Admin

I had a weird sound too. the additional fan I installed was touching the case. I have to "hit" it from time to time :)

#8 March 19 2007

WizaRd

exactly samer !!! i found out it was from the extra fan on the pc case... i cleaned it and now its alright.. !!

Board footer