LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 March 28 2016

NuclearVision

Re: I stopped pirating games and it feels good

Hey thanks for the civilized reply first of all.
By Talking about apple or any other similar company, i think you mean iphones, ipads, and macs. Let us not talk about those because there aren't pirated versions of them that are used not even 80% similarly.
As for your reply to my post, i wasn't refering to games in particular, but rather software in general, no multiplayer or major need for support, let's say adobe products for example, I wasn't advising to donate your money, i was just trying to find where the happiness comes from.
Now you say you're happy because you get to enjoy your game to the fullest.
If there's was that game that offers the same but it is a pirated copy, would you still buy the original one, according to you, no, because you're not supporting the devs
For those who are willing to support the devs.
if there was a used game disc, would you buy it? if yes, and it most probably is, then sorry your cause is void.

Last edited by NuclearVision (March 28 2016)

#52 March 28 2016

Tech Guru

@silo_m8

From where are you downloading your games (Steam , Origin , MS Store) , for example Quantum Break will be an MS Store exclusive.

What is your internet subscription type ? For Example a 53 GB Game , how much will it take you to be downloaded ? What is your download strategy (unlimited traffic at night or another method) ? What is Your Download speed?

What is payment method ( A Dollar Master Debit Card linked to your salary account , or another type of card? Have you tried Maliks Internet Prepaid Internet Cards , will that work?

Thank You

#53 March 28 2016

silo_m8

Tech Guru wrote:

@silo_m8

From where are you downloading your games (Steam , Origin , MS Store) , for example Quantum Break will be an MS Store exclusive.

What is your internet subscription type ? For Example a 53 GB Game , how much will it take you to be downloaded ? What is your download strategy (unlimited traffic at night or another method) ? What is Your Download speed?

What is payment method ( A Dollar Master Debit Card linked to your salary account , or another type of card? Have you tried Maliks Internet Prepaid Internet Cards , will that work?

Thank You

For downloading, my friend gamingindex on the forums downloads the files, you should contact him very nice guy, very helpful.

I only buy keys for steam or gog, Ubisoft games are crap these last few years so no uplay, EA have really shitty buisness practices so I choose not to buy their games but the Origin experience is very nice, MS Store "apps" don't even have the basic pc features to be considered games.

For payment I use an Internet debit card from my bank. I use it for all my online payments that accept lebanon as an address.

@NuclearVision

The reason I mentioned apple products is to point out that ease of use is something people actually pay for.

As for professional products, such as CAD programs and content creation software. CAD programs are a real problem because licenses are meant for professional use and are priced accordingly, individuals are not the target customers and nobody expects the individual to afford such licenses. I'm a mechanical design engineer and I'm forced to pirate Autodesk products because all of the industry in lebanon is pirating them and expects me to use them, to stay ahead of the curve you are forced to deal with crashes and bugs: if a game crashes, no big deal, but if inventor crashes mid work session, that's hours of work gone,  I wish I could do the same as I do with games.

As for content creation software like adobe creative suite, if you are making money out of these softwares, i dont think their subscription is too much, since your programs are always up to date, they have good customer support,  and frankly the ease of use is worth it. But if you're just a hobbyist, there are free alternatives that are not as powerful but for free programs they are really good.

I'll say it again, since you're trying to find where the happiness comes from, it comes from ease of use of fully patched fully supported software with online features.

Last edited by silo_m8 (March 28 2016)

#54 March 28 2016

Tech Guru

@silo_m8

Thank You for the Info My Friend.

1- Your Bank Internet  Debt Card must be in Dollars / will it work if its is in LB? What bank , name of the card , and the cap you set for internet usage?

2-Gamingindex , downloads the files and he give it to you through a hard blue-ray copy or how , then you put in in the steam library folder  and activate it through the steam key you have purchased , plz clarify to me the method.

#55 March 28 2016

silo_m8

Tech Guru wrote:

@silo_m8

Thank You for the Info My Friend.

1- Your Bank Internet  Debt Card must be in Dollars / will it work if its is in LB? What bank , name of the card , and the cap you set for internet usage?

2-Gamingindex , downloads the files and he give it to you through a hard blue-ray copy or how , then you put in in the steam library folder  and activate it through the steam key you have purchased , plz clarify to me the method.

1- bank audi, my account is in dollars so the card is in dollars, it's a Mastercard that is tied into a secondary account tied to your main account. You need to transfer money into it.

2- for steam, there is a feature called steam backup,  he backs up the game and I take it on an external and restore it on my pc. That simple.

For origin, you copy the files their appropriate paths and start the download,  it will recognize the files and finish.

Uplay is paranoid so it will force you to re-download.

#56 March 29 2016

Tech Guru

Will only take one good crack though. Once a protection is fully defeated that's it. Denuvo encrypts the exe and modifies the encryption on the fly.If its going to be successful it needs support from the whole industry but with platforms like GOG and their DRM free stance its not going to happen.Steam could do more to stop piracy as nearly all cracks are from Steam.The industry must be loving it at present as there's no working solution for the consoles and tightening on PC.Piracy is as old as the computer games industry itself and will always be.DM gave up on Denuvo and their cracks were never 100%, They are only a P2P group too and not scene. Their releases were carrying malware too. Wont happen at present until someone comes up with a complete solution for Denuvo. 3DM used a emulation method to fool the protection, they didnt actually crack Denuvo.

#57 April 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

Will only take one good crack though. Once a protection is fully defeated that's it. Denuvo encrypts the exe and modifies the encryption on the fly.If its going to be successful it needs support from the whole industry but with platforms like GOG and their DRM free stance its not going to happen.Steam could do more to stop piracy as nearly all cracks are from Steam.The industry must be loving it at present as there's no working solution for the consoles and tightening on PC.Piracy is as old as the computer games industry itself and will always be.DM gave up on Denuvo and their cracks were never 100%, They are only a P2P group too and not scene. Their releases were carrying malware too. Wont happen at present until someone comes up with a complete solution for Denuvo. 3DM used a emulation method to fool the protection, they didnt actually crack Denuvo.

3DM is said to be bought by the different games companies to not work on a crack, but other Russian and  Chinese hackers are competing to see who will be 1st to crack Denuvo, the thing is that the more difficult it's to crack and the more hackers want to crack it because it will be ground breaking win for them. And as you said, once one Denuvo game is cracked all the others will fall like a domino track

#58 April 30 2016

scorz

So I've decided to buy GTAV..

I found @ pcandparts this thing:

Grand Theft Auto V CD Key For Steam     $45.00TTC

At steam it's 60$ Anyone know the difference here? And Anyone has brought software from pcandparts before?

#59 April 30 2016

mk555

scorz wrote:

So I've decided to buy GTAV..

I found @ pcandparts this thing:

Grand Theft Auto V CD Key For Steam     $45.00TTC

At steam it's 60$ Anyone know the difference here? And Anyone has brought software from pcandparts before?

I think you should wait till its on sale, last time it was 30$ on steam.

#60 April 30 2016

MrClass

#61 April 30 2016

scorz

@mk555 Thanks for your suggestion!

@MrClass is this trustworthy?

#62 April 30 2016

silo_m8

scorz wrote:

@mk555 Thanks for your suggestion!

@MrClass is this trustworthy?

I always buy from kinguin,  i have never been disappointed... Yet

#63 April 30 2016

scorz

Well I end up buying it from steam and I'll follow these instruction to make it work without d/l 60GB

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=16712

So back to the topic yeah it feels good.. It's the first game I pay for!

#64 May 1 2016

scorz

Manifest file trick didn't work. I guess it's because I have old version or maybe the configuration are outdated

#65 May 1 2016

silo_m8

scorz wrote:

Manifest file trick didn't work. I guess it's because I have old version or maybe the configuration are outdated

I have the steam files, it's easy using the steam backup feature. Send me a pm.

Board footer