LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 10 2015

TheSavior111

Re: CS:GO Tournament in Lebanon

@ZeeKay Add me on Steam and post a comment on my profile so I know its you as alot of scammers add me daily
@IronMan if we had a decent connection in Lebanon, more talent would be discovered by European teams

TOURNAMENT UPDATE:

Good news and bad news:

Good news:
After talks with the owner of SpotNet in Hamra, we are to hold the tournament there. For the people who were there, you know how amazing the place is. For those who don't it features high end gaming rigs with Core i7 4th Gen and GTX 690s or 780s, 144 Hz screens and high end gaming mice, keyboards and headsets, with a 40 mbps dedicated upload speed and really low latency to European servers all over, also it has its own server INSIDE the cyber cafe, therefore we are able to place CSGO on the server and connect to it and play 128 tick at 0 latency. So it seems like the perfect place to hold the first major CS:GO Tournament in.

Bad News:

The owner wants to hold Dota 2 tournament first, League of Legends tournament second and lastly a CS:GO tournament simply because there are far more teams willing to participate in these two games than CS:GO and therefore its better for business. Personally I don't blame him, but its still a downer. On the other hand we have more time to sort some things out, gather more teams and prepare better for the tournament to make it a truly amazing event. So we're looking at a mid summer date around late July- Early August. If more teams would sign up, I'm sure we'll be able to make the tournament earlier and higher priority than Dota 2 or atleast League, but for now that is the main issue, not enough teams therefore not an important priority for the owner. So if you can advertise it, tell your friends or anyone you know who plays CS:GO and willing to participate in the tournament, please do.

If anyone has any suggestions or concerns feel free to comment below, PM me, or add me on steam ( www.steamcommunity.com/id/thesavior2)

#27 April 10 2015

AVOlio

WoW Internet cafe in Lebanon with GTX 780 or 690!?
Hmmm, but I'm sure you have to pay more to get on those pc's right!?

Anyway, does he have battlefield tournaments there?
Or are there any people that go there to play battlefield?

#28 April 10 2015

TheSavior111

Its 2$/h and I'm not sure, you have to ask

#29 April 11 2015

ironman

ZeeKay can i have your steam ID?

#30 June 11 2015

ironman

Any update guys?

#31 July 16 2015

TheSavior111

Update:

Turns out SpotNet is already planning to host a CS:GO tournament around the end of July or beginning of August with a rumored prize pool of 10-15 thousand USD. Also there is an online tournament being hosted strictly for Lebanese teams and the prize pool are skins, but I really don't know what the skins are and a 1 month CS:GO server rent. The online tournament is occurring on July 25 and 26 to be broadcast on Twitch.tv with the official NiP commentator (who is Lebanese) to be heading the broadcast for everyone to enjoy. For registration for the tournament please contact me (http://steamcommunity.com/id/thesavior2/) or Riad  (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137732409/ )

There are already 4 teams in the tournament, and more teams would do the tournament a good deal. As for cheating, it will be spectated by the NiP commentator who was pro in CSS and two other semi-pro casters who will be with him and a custom anti-cheat (like in ESEA) implemented on the tournament server. Good luck and see you on.

#32 July 17 2015

NAM

Guys Spotnet has a very good team that was picked over the past few months and is training daily in the cafe .. this started when they started giving 1000 hours of free play if you can beat a certain person in the cafe .. least i can say is they have a very very good team with alot of time playing the game.

#33 July 17 2015

TheSavior111

So what? It's better challenge, and if you're not that confident about winning, then why not go in for the 2nd or 3rd places, its still a pretty big prize pool. Any team that's worth anything would practice atleast 5 hours daily. And remember that SpotNet team is competing in Dubai and other countries as well not just domestically. Also the online tournament is free for entry and is not affiliated by any way with SpotNet. It's just a fun tournament for teams to test their metal against each other. Should be a fun event.

#34 July 17 2015

Sup3r

Hi guys, sorry for the off topic question, does spotnet have 40mbps download speed? If it's the case then I'd be going there to download some large files!

#35 July 17 2015

nosense

what about the skills of the teams?  can beginners participate in the online tournament

#36 July 17 2015

NAM

Sup3r wrote:

Hi guys, sorry for the off topic question, does spotnet have 40mbps download speed? If it's the case then I'd be going there to download some large files!

i couldn't find any usb port in their PCs but good luck

#37 July 17 2015

Sup3r

NAM wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

i couldn't find any usb port in their PCs but good luck

Lolwut, do you know of any other internet cafe's that have these premium speeds with available usb ports?

#38 July 18 2015

Johnaudi

aliessayli2 wrote:

what about the skills of the teams?  can beginners participate in the online tournament

I hope so, my team is high ranked but we barely ever played with teamwork. It would be fun to see how fucked we'll be in a tournament.

#39 July 21 2015

TheSavior111

Johnaudi add me on steam if you're interested, it doesn't matter if you're silvers or globals, there is no entry fee, we're all in it for fun. (http://steamcommunity.com/id/thesavior2/) or you can Riad (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198137732409/)

Same goes for everyone else, please message me after I accept your invite or leave a comment on my profile and tell me that you have a team and ready to register. There's no website to register just tell me and we'll give you the info (tournament server IP and everything), it will be held Saturday August 25 and Sunday August 26 between 9 pm and 12 am. Right now we have 5 teams, if we get 6 teams it will be from 6 till 12 am because with 6 teams or more we can have a structured bracket.

#40 July 23 2015

TheSavior111

Update: We currently have 6 teams and therefore we have enough teams to have a bracket format, the tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday July 25th and 26th between 6 pm and 12 am. Details will be announced shortly for the online tournament.

#41 July 23 2015

nosense

TheSavior111 wrote:

Update: We currently have 6 teams and therefore we have enough teams to have a bracket format, the tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday July 25th and 26th between 6 pm and 12 am. Details will be announced shortly for the online tournament.

keep us updated when the tournament goes live on twitch

Board footer