LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 23 2015

TheSavior111

CS:GO Tournament in Lebanon

Hello,

As you may or may not know, there are increasing number of 1.6 and Source players who are transitioning to CSGO in Lebanon, most of which have contacted me via Steam through previous posts on this forum.

Now I managed to contact a freshly opened gaming lounge in Beirut that is interested in hosting a CSGO Tournament, and plans are set in motion to make the tournament an actual thing. Now before any futher announcements or news, we need a headcount on anyone who is interested and able to participate in the tournament to see if it can be realized or not. Think of it as a statistical survey to see how much people would be interested and willing to participate in a CSGO LAN tournament (since CSGO unlike LoL doesnt need a connection to a server and can be hosted on a LAN environment with close to 0 ms latency).

-You need to own the game on Steam in order to be able to play or atleast know someone who is able to borrow you his account so you can log in and play it in the tournament (especially for 1.6 and Source veterans who dont own CSGO on Steam)

-Whoever is interested and is willing to join such an event just comment on this post saying so.

-It would be deeply appreciated if an admin of this forum would sticky this post for everyone to see.

As a final note, its always nice to see people helping out and see the eSports scene in Lebanon grow, the more people show interest in it the more it would be a suitable investment for sponsors and gaming lounges.

If you have any suggestions or question or any way to help, feel free to comment below, PM me or add me on Steam on the following URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thesavior2/ (if you add me on steam please comment on my steam profile that you found this post here, because there are alot of spam bots and Russian hackers who add me 24/7)

Note that pirated version of the game wont work, you need to own it legitimately on Steam.

#2 February 8 2015

TheSavior111

Re: CS:GO Tournament in Lebanon

Bump, if this is to happen we need to know how many people are intersted. Please post in the comments below who would readily participate in the tournament

#3 February 8 2015

Johnaudi

I wouldn't confirm I can come for several reasons, one of them is the time schedule, if you can set up a date and time I'm pretty sure people would be interested.

#4 February 9 2015

Zoomkinzz

My team and I are in , keep us posted with any decisions you take.

#5 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

Thig is John, there would be no tournament in the first place if people dont show interest first. Why would thd lounge owner go through the trouble of contacting sponsors and prepping everything if no one would attend.

Zpomkizz, will do.

#6 February 9 2015

ironman

I got another team here bro.

#7 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

The more the merrier, we got 4 teams so far.
If we can reach atleast 10 or 15 teams then we can end the planning phase and start executing it.

#8 February 9 2015

az09za90za

i got a team here  , but i cant confirm now , i need date/location details.

#9 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

Like I said in the previous comments, we're still in the planning phase and want to see how many people would still join. We are planning on dedicating large amounts of resources onto this tournament, so it wont turn out to be a poorly made one. Thats why we need to be sure people are going to attend before things are set in motion, so it wont be a waste of everyone's time and no one shows up.

#10 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

This would make 6 teams (another team contacted me privately), 9 more to go to meet the minimum requirements. Then we'd start updating the post accordingly with details such as sponsors, time and date, location, ladder, entry fees, prizes and so on.

#11 February 9 2015

Johnaudi

I have a team (like, we're 16 years old), but the problem is that we're not professionals.
Is it high-skilled players only? Or would also be a tournament for everyone? (if I was to go, I'd just go for the laughs)

#12 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

There is no minimum skill limit, anyone can join. The more the merrier. You should do your best though, there will be good prizes involved

#13 February 9 2015

TheSavior111

8 Teams and counting, anyone who is interested feel free to add me, and post a comment.

#14 February 10 2015

MrClass

do we have to be physically present? I can play from dubai online; also i dont have a team, so if anyone needs one more member, dont be shy to shout out.

I am not the best, but i can offer great competition

#15 February 10 2015

TheSavior111

Yeah you have to be present, for only one reason. Cheats. We cant know if you could be cheating or not, and there's money on the line, so you see where I'm coming from.

#16 February 11 2015

Johnaudi

MrClass wrote:

do we have to be physically present? I can play from dubai online; also i dont have a team, so if anyone needs one more member, dont be shy to shout out.

Not only that, but that would also lag you.

#17 February 11 2015

MrClass

Johnaudi wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Come 1vs1

Noob rage :)

Last edited by MrClass (February 11 2015)

#18 February 11 2015

AvoK95

MrClass wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Come 1vs1

u wut m8, i kill u 1v1, com at me bro!

#19 February 12 2015

MrClass

AvoK95 wrote:
MrClass wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

Come 1vs1

u wut m8, i kill u 1v1, com at me bro!

I owned your mother you noob, I will kill your whole family

"Most common statement in the world of Dota2 and CS:GO; sponsored by russians and pinoys"

#20 February 12 2015

AvoK95

I come across a lot of Arabs, who talk in Arabic in the game chat, so I know what they're talking and own them like that. Sometimes I go "shh" and they swear at me, so I swear back and they get "rekt". It never gets old haha

#21 February 12 2015

anayman_k7

What about lonely wolfs? Do I have to assemble a team with me? How many members should be in a team?

#22 February 12 2015

MrClass

AvoK95 wrote:

I come across a lot of Arabs, who talk in Arabic in the game chat, so I know what they're talking and own them like that. Sometimes I go "shh" and they swear at me, so I swear back and they get "rekt". It never gets old haha

I can highly relate to that especially here in UAE, as most Arab players think the rest of the players don't speak Arabic (since there is a high cultural mixture). One time even I just spoke English (I have a a slight American accent) all the game, and of course I was cursed at in Arabic just to make fun of me. Almost after the ownage in the game, I owned him again by surprising him that I am a native Arabic speaker and cursed him back just to show him. That was more fun than the game itself

#23 February 12 2015

TheSavior111

Anaymank7 you need a 5 person team, so you need 4 more players. And there is no even for lone wolves. If the tournament is a succes we will make another bigger one with 1v1 and 2v2 matches

#24 March 31 2015

ironman

@TheSavior111, a player in LDLC Blue or White (forgot) is a lebanese guy called Charbel 'BouLy' Naoum,
he's apparently living in france and has been recruited by the french company LDLC,
tried looking for him but he has a private profile, its nice to have a Lebanese in the CSGO professional scene!

#25 April 10 2015

ZeeKay

If you're still looking forward in making this tournament a thing, I have a team.

Board footer