LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 May 25 2015

Die_Kapitan

Re: Need your opinions on a custom gaming PC

Silverstone sell dust filters, so if he wants, he can always buy some. Dust filters are something ypu can easily add, so it's not worth getting an uglier case just because of the dust filters.

Last edited by Die_Kapitan (May 25 2015)

#52 May 26 2015

Tech Guru

@Die_Kapitan   "you could buy the R9 380X, R9 390 or R9 390X which will offer better performance than the GTX 970, GTX 980 and Titan X respectively"  , not confirmed yet , if yes , on small margin bases.

#53 May 26 2015

Tech Guru

@hassansaleh31

Final decision:

Asusu z97 pro gamer (OK)

Core i7-4790k (OK if you don't want to Overclock go with i7 4970 no difference in gaming or the overall system performance)

Msi gtx 980 (OK - Personally I will go with a GTX MSI 970 and forget about the buss of the memory issue  3.5 GB + 0.5 GB from my personal experience only on 2160p (4K) you will encounter shuttering even the 980 start showing not good performance on such resolution especially in the recent realize of the Witcher3: Wild Hunt which is considered the new benchmark of gaming (the new Crysis 3) - I am to play it on Ultra + Nvidia Add Ons (HBOA+  and Hair) with 1.2X DSR (2103 x 1314) on an 40 fps on a GTX  MSI 970 OC  - 1279 Mhz / 1140 Mhz (Boost/ Base) ; More demanding than  GTA 5 - My recommendation either SLI two 970s  later on as more demanding titles are appearing or stick with one 970 now for an Ultra /Very High 1080 p Gaming or even 1440p  with High Setting  and no AA) or wait for the release of the Nvidia new series - the Performance / Price ration of a GTX 970 is higher compared to a 980

Hyperx savage 16gb (OK)

Hyperx ssd 240gb (I prefer to Go with a Crucial 100 MX 512GB installing some AAA games on an SSD  to me is better and larger SSD with the OS installed on it is better)

Wd black 2 TB (OK)

Corsair c70 military green (From Reviews I read the C70 fall behind compared to Corsair higher end cases for its asking price - http://www.cnet.com/au/products/corsair-vengeance-c70/ ; I personally Go with a CS Storm Trooper or a Tt Urban S 71 Full Tower Case which I consider has great looks , full side window , and very good ventilation which I tested personally using a laser heat detector.

Antec 80+ platinum 750w (If you want to SLI in the future go with a Tt Tough Power Series Fully Modular 80 Plus Certified - I have been using this PSU on 10 high end systems I built

Lg 22" ips full hd - Go with LG 24MP56HQ Wide 23.8" LED IPS Full HD / Wide Viewing Angle)

A4tech bloody mouse keyboard and headset (Very Nice Choice - I have been using them - the Mouse is ZL5 Bloody and the Keyboard is Red Illuminated Led Bloody )

Still no sure about the Cpu cooler should i get the h80i or a  Tt air cooler (Simply Go with a Tt Contact 21 Cooler been using it runs very silent and reliable

Install a Genuine Windows 8.1  64 BIT + Kapersky 1 Year Antivirus (20 USD yearly renewal)

A Microlab 2.1 Bluetooth Edition Speakers would be nice too for a very nice sound (http://www.microlab.com/?r=21systemen&st=full&id=682)

Good Luck !

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 26 2015)

#54 May 26 2015

NuclearVision

You don't need to pay for an antivirus, kaspersky in my opinion is just a name really, most of the free ones will do. (avast?)
Correct me if i am wrong

#55 May 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

yeah avast free is really good (installed on my system since 6months) catch nearly every virus/adware...

#56 May 26 2015

Die_Kapitan

If he goes Windows 8, Microsoft offers pretty good built-in antivirus.

#57 May 26 2015

hassansaleh31

Thanks a lot tech guru for your reply i will take all of what you said into consideration.
I will get a thermaltake air cooler.
I may get a thermaltake power suppy and case maybe the core v71 but still not sure cause i have to recalculate everything to stay on budget.
I will go for a free anti-virus.
I will keep the 240gb ssd for now.
And about the graphics card still not sure about the 970 i don't think it will last long and the purpose of my build is ULTRA settings I won't pay this amount of money to just reach high.
And again thanks for your advice.

#58 May 27 2015

Die_Kapitan

hassansaleh31 wrote:

Thanks a lot tech guru for your reply i will take all of what you said into consideration.
I will get a thermaltake air cooler.
I may get a thermaltake power suppy and case maybe the core v71 but still not sure cause i have to recalculate everything to stay on budget.
I will go for a free anti-virus.
I will keep the 240gb ssd for now.
And about the graphics card still not sure about the 970 i don't think it will last long and the purpose of my build is ULTRA settings I won't pay this amount of money to just reach high.
And again thanks for your advice.

Personally, I wouldn't get a Tt PSU, they have very poor quality control, their cases are also not that well-built, their highest-end case bare the Level 10, is not even close to the C70 in terms of quality.

#59 May 27 2015

hassansaleh31

Yeah i was going to post it in a while. I won't get a thermaltake case i'm even staying on the c70 or getting a cooler master case

#60 May 27 2015

Tech Guru

@hassansaleh31 @Die_Kapitan

Not All Thermaltake PUS are not Reliable ; the Tough power series has proved it self to be very reliable and  efficient  to be used at high end systems:

http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-r … r-supplies (The list is mostly comprised of high availability units offered by global brands)

Reviews:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Ther … r_DPS-850/
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id- … upply.html
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/09/ … WWWMnmJiUk
http://www.geeks3d.com/20110527/thermal … su-review/
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews … h_xt_850w/

Also,  Corsair makes a Tier 3 PUSs (not solid) like the CS Series:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id- … -list.html  -The Most Update PUS Units Tier List

Therefore , do not stereotype about a specific brand  by  alienating other brands without digging more into the Business Game that PSU companies play.

For the Case:

Thermaltake or Corsair or Cooler Master to me what matters how to mount the internal fans (exhaust/inxaust) of air flow that what matters for airflow/dust - also read many reviews about that where some Corsair cases have bad ventilation  - I go with my custom way with any brand of the three.

GPU:

What are your gaming resolution if  1440p Ultra for a 40-50fps yes go with a 980 ; 980Ti will be released next week.

Regards

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 27 2015)

#61 May 28 2015

hassansaleh31

i am totally lost now.
everything is ok for me except the case and power supply (don't know what i want)
every till now costs about 1900$ so i still have about 250$ may pay 300$.
so what do you suggest ? (give names and model numbers)

#62 May 28 2015

Die_Kapitan

Corsair Vengeance C70 and Antec EA-750 Platinum. Tt have poor QC, someone may recommend them because he got a good unit, but you may not be so lucky, Antec is top notch, has Japanese capacitors while being the same price if not less than the Tt, do yourself a favor and get the Antec.

#63 May 28 2015

rolf

Not sure about the Kingston SSD. Maybe try to get Samsung 840/850 pro/evo - whatever best performance you can get.
SSD performance varies. If it's performance you want look up SSD performance don't buy just any one.
I'm not sure about the Kingston but in general the Samsung series that I mentioned are the best ATM - in an affordable price bracket.
Of course you can pay much more and get the absolute best in SSD but it's not in your budget.

#64 May 28 2015

Die_Kapitan

rolf wrote:

Not sure about the Kingston SSD. Maybe try to get Samsung 840/850 pro/evo - whatever best performance you can get.
SSD performance varies. If it's performance you want look up SSD performance don't buy just any one.
I'm not sure about the Kingston but in general the Samsung series that I mentioned are the best ATM - in an affordable price bracket.
Of course you can pay much more and get the absolute best in SSD but it's not in your budget.

HyperX (a Kingston subdivision) has the HyperX Savage which beats the 850 EVO in most benchmarks, it's not noticeable in real life but wouldn't you pay 1 more dollar to get an SSD with MLC instead of TLC ?

#65 May 28 2015

Anthony2000

Trust me, get the Tt v71. it is one of the better thermaltake cases , has a beautiful side panel window (full window) , 95% of openings are filtered with high quality removable dust filters (yes, even top exhaust), removable drive cages, comes with 3 200mm blue led fans (led can be turned on/off, speed adjustable with pre-installed fan controller) and a single 140mm fan, big feet so it sits high (4 cm above the ground). believe me, bought this case 2 months ago, best Tt case i ever had, i have to tell you though, it's HUGE and the side panel window is quite easily scratched, so be careful. in addition to the awesome cable management for ATX and mATX, rear mountable hard drive cages, and full mesh front and top covers (both removable of course) , this case is just packed with features. watch NCIXs review on it, you wont be disappointed. I could post a pic of my v71 rig if you want a real life example.

Last edited by Anthony2000 (May 28 2015)

#66 May 28 2015

hassansaleh31

i contacted the store today and settled my mind on the tt core v71 and thoughpower gold 750w i will get all the parts by Monday but may delay till Tuesday i will post pics as soon as i receive and mount all the parts together. thank you all for your help.
and Anthony2000 post a pic of your rig running.

#67 May 28 2015

Anthony2000

http://postimg.org/gallery/1four2sim/4237bd9d/ (Nevermind how i routed the pci-e cables , i did it that way to avoid my gpu sagging + i custom painted the HDD cages white, they are originally blue)

Last edited by Anthony2000 (May 28 2015)

#68 May 28 2015

rolf

Die_Kapitan wrote:
rolf wrote:

HyperX (a Kingston subdivision) has the HyperX Savage which beats the 850 EVO in most benchmarks, it's not noticeable in real life but wouldn't you pay 1 more dollar to get an SSD with MLC instead of TLC ?

I don't know what MLC and TLC are. I just made a research about 2 month ago, and decided for the 850 pro 128 GB. On a Crystalbench it had read and write speeds of about 400MB/s. But after buying it, I can only get about 250 on my laptop, most probably a bottleneck somewhere (FSB most probably)(EDIT: actually no it's  SATA 3Gb/s - as opposd to 6Gb/s that is the bottleneck. All the interfaces on my latptop are friggin outdated, that'd the main problem - I don't even have USB3 or 1GB networking!). My laptop is not the fastest thing around - but good for what I do, and still way faster of some shiny flashy "entry level" laptops nowadays that Toshiba (and surely others) are trying to sell to "common people".

Anyway the impression that emerged from my research is that Samsung does a lot of good SSDs. Before that I had a 64GB Kingston SSDNow drive. I bought it a little after buying my laptop, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, without much research. It is still better than the stock disk, but not a fast SSD by today's standard - even by 2012 standards. And I'm sure they're still selling such SSDs because people will buy them (like I did) without much research.

So I'm not claiming this is better then that, I'm sure Kingston also does some very fast stuff.

The least I can say is that SSD speed can quite differ from one model to another, so make sure to research, that's all.
For the rest feel free to take my advice or not.

Last edited by rolf (May 28 2015)

#69 May 28 2015

Houssam

If you feel like saving some bucks, i have a Thermaltake Armor A90 in excellent condition (as good as new)  with all its original fans
and in case you are wondering about the GPU clearance i took the measurement kindly check the below picture
http://postimg.org/image/84spvv009/

#70 May 28 2015

Houssam

@Anthony2000 how are you doing mate, thats a very good looking rig there man, nice to see that my Tt Frio is in good hands

#71 May 29 2015

hassansaleh31

Thanks houssam but i settled my mind on the core v71.

#72 May 29 2015

hassansaleh31

Do anyone know the store called gcs computers pro in sarba?
I looked at the prices he offered and they are lower than the prices offered by all of the stores i looked at.
His website is still under construction and i didn't find any products at it but i mailed him and he replied quickly. 
Would you recommend buying from him?

Last edited by hassansaleh31 (May 29 2015)

#73 May 29 2015

ironman

Yes, i know him, he is awesome and trustworthy, and has a wide variety of items

#74 May 29 2015

hassansaleh31

Good i will order all the parts from him soon maybe by monday

#75 May 29 2015

ironman

Congrats, good luck :)