LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 15 2014

nosense

Re: The topic for when there is nothing new

I am relieved the story is not true
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/russian-slee … ment.shtml
I can sleep now

#52 April 15 2014

Tarek
Banned

I just read this story for my wife in bed .... Big no no

#53 April 15 2014

m_zeid

port80 wrote:
m_zeid wrote:
port80 wrote:

Does anyone know if we are allowed to ship supplements from abroad? I mean I know the Lebanese borders restrict the shipping of medicines  unless I am licensed to do so, but these are not technically medicine and are not considered so by the US. So would the "jamerik" let them in or seize them?

y

I used to buy and ship a lot of them.
Supplements that are not evaluated by the FDA are medicines(drugs), so supplements can be bought from anywhere like the supermarket!

I bought from bodybuilding.com and used super saver shipping, I got my goods in 14 days or so. Delivered to my door by Libanpost with no import duties taxes or what so ever, i paid just what i paid on the website with visa card.

Bought multivitamins, BCAAs, fish oil, glutamine, tribulus, milatonin, ON whey protein, and a lot of NOW wonderful products!

go for it!

Thanks, I will order some when I am done with my combat powder. I've been meaning to ship for quite a while since the prices here are outrages really sometimes even double what it is available for online, but I just wanted to make sure the customs wouldn't confiscate it.

just to keep it in low profile, like don't order over 200$ in the same shipment!

#54 April 16 2014

bermudapineapple

Awww, come on! Whomever edited my post, I understand why the text was made shorter, but you could have kept the picture!

#55 April 16 2014

rolf

aliessayli2 wrote:

I can sleep now

There is something weird happening in this story (beside people eating their own selves): It begins with 5 subjects, then one dies, then another one dies, then another one - so they're supposed to be two left, but they're still talking about three subjects... I tried tracking it down but it got very confusing, and I got tired of reading about people turned into monsters and details about bloody organs and stuff like that, so I gave up. But I strongly suspect that something doesn't add up in the numbers.
Otherwise, the story is very realistic :)

#56 April 16 2014

nosense

rolf wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

I can sleep now

There is something weird happening in this story (beside people eating their own selves): It begins with 5 subjects, then one dies, then another one dies, then another one - so they're supposed to be two left, but they're still talking about three subjects... I tried tracking it down but it got very confusing, and I got tired of reading about people turned into monsters and details about bloody organs and stuff like that, so I gave up. But I strongly suspect that something doesn't add up in the numbers.

Four of the five subjects were still alive, although no one could rightly call the state that any of them in 'life.'( 1 down)

The surviving three test subjects were heavily restrained and moved to a medical facility.(2 down)

No sign of the third one being dead before the story continued.

Yes i'm bored.

ps : this link has more detailed story than the one originally posted here I think I read new things this time.

#57 April 16 2014

bermudapineapple

rolf wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

I can sleep now

If you want to find out what's going on in the world, don't watch the news.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

#58 April 16 2014

rolf

tt400 wrote:

Awww, come on! Whomever edited my post, I understand why the text was made shorter, but you could have kept the picture!

Too graphic. There are children on these forums.

#59 April 17 2014

enthralled

SubPac M1 first impression: very impressive, adds a new dimension to music, gaming and movies. I think I'll prefer games without music from now on, or at least with low vol music or just ambient sounds. Imagine a highly sensitive gamepad rumble attached to your spine, you wouldn't want rumble with the music, just gameplay ;)
P.S anyone wanna try this out can pm me, I'm close to Hamra.

EDIT: you'll be able to try out 3D Vision gaming on 2.5m wide projector as well, for anyone intrerested ;)

Last edited by enthralled (April 17 2014)

#60 April 17 2014

Tarek
Banned

who keeps deleting my posts !

#61 April 17 2014

rolf

Tarek wrote:

That's because you keep posting deletable stuff.

#62 April 17 2014

Adnan

I hope that the moderation does send justifications through email / PM when necessary, to clear the possible misunderstandings (and to have a transparent moderation).

#63 April 17 2014

Rodster

rolf wrote:
Tarek wrote:

That's because you keep posting deletable stuff.

That answer made me chukkle

#64 April 17 2014

Adnan

Ugh, Ubuntu.

#65 April 18 2014

bermudapineapple

Learn to read what you cannot see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

#66 April 18 2014

bermudapineapple

I want to tell you all a story.

A young girl is home alone for the first time with only her dog for company. Listening to the radio, she hears of a mental patient on the loose, so she locks all the doors and windows and goes to bed, taking her dog to her room with her and letting it sleep under her bed. She wakes in the night and can hear a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. The dripping sound annoys her, and she actually finds it unsettling, for some reason. The bedside lamp won't work, and she is too scared to get out of bed to turn on the main light, and walk over to the bathroom. She hides under the covers but to reassure herself that the dog is still under the bed she puts her hand down and feels licking on her hand. She lies awake for some time listening to the dripping sound and periodically puts her hand down to where she can hear heavy breathing and each time feels gentle licks on her fingers. Eventually she falls asleep. The next morning when she wakes, she goes to the bathroom for a drink of water. On the shower wall, written in blood are the words "I CAN LICK TOO", and her slaughtered, skinned dog is hanging from the shower head, its blood, now thick and dark, still dripping into the bathtub.

#67 April 18 2014

HarbDevLeb

aliessayli2 wrote:

... russian-sleep-experiment.shtml
I can sleep now

Truly Amazing , ∞/10 , I would have been horrified if you haven't posted that link

tt400 wrote:

A young girl is home alone for the first time with only her dog for company. Listening to the radio, she hears of a mental patient on the loose, so she locks all the doors and windows and goes to bed, taking her dog to her room with her and letting it sleep under her bed. She wakes in the night and can hear a dripping sound coming from the bathroom ...bla..bla....... Eventually she falls asleep. The next morning when she wakes, she goes to the bathroom for a drink of water. On the shower wall, written in blood are the words "I CAN LICK TOO", and her slaughtered, skinned dog is hanging from the shower head, its blood, now thick and dark, still dripping into the bathtub.

Holy shit that frightened me :@
Truly disturbing

Last edited by HarbDevLeb (April 18 2014)

#68 April 18 2014

mk555

tt400 wrote:

A young girl is home alone for the first time with only her dog for company. Listening to the radio, she hears of a mental patient on the loose, so she locks all the doors and windows and goes to bed, taking her dog to her room with her and letting it sleep under her bed. She wakes in the night and can hear a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. The dripping sound annoys her, and she actually finds it unsettling, for some reason. The bedside lamp won't work, and she is too scared to get out of bed to turn on the main light, and walk over to the bathroom. She hides under the covers but to reassure herself that the dog is still under the bed she puts her hand down and feels licking on her hand. She lies awake for some time listening to the dripping sound and periodically puts her hand down to where she can hear heavy breathing and each time feels gentle licks on her fingers. Eventually she falls asleep. The next morning when she wakes, she goes to the bathroom for a drink of water. On the shower wall, written in blood are the words "I CAN LICK TOO", and her slaughtered, skinned dog is hanging from the shower head, its blood, now thick and dark, still dripping into the bathtub.

Awesome story man, you're really talented.

#69 April 18 2014

Adnan

HarbDevLeb wrote:

Truly disturbing

MSN messenger users, trademarked with this emoticon.

#70 April 18 2014

ballad

mk555 wrote:
tt400 wrote:

Awesome story man, you're really talented.

jsut google it
it's been around for ages

#71 April 18 2014

m_zeid

look behind you!

One cold winter night, sixteen year old Katie was home alone. Her parents had gone out to a dinner party. It had been snowing all that afternoon, but had just recently stopped. After studying for a few hours she decided to relax a little. She made some popcorn, got a nice thick blanket and laid back on the couch to watch some TV in the living room. The television was positioned in front of one side of the glass sliding door that lead to a patio and the back yard. By midnight Katie’s parents still hadn’t come home and she was gripped with fear because from the corner of her eye she could have sworn she caught a glimpse of a very strange looking man staring at her standing outside the glass door behind the television. Terrified, she panicked, pulled blanket up over her head and grabbed the cordless phone that was by her side.

Katie called the police and, as luck would have it, there was a patrol car not far from her house. In a few minutes police are on the scene and Katie told them about the strange man who was standing outside, staring in through the glass.

The police opened the glass sliding door and looked around. After a few moments they turned around and explained to her that there could not have been anyone standing out there, as there would be footprints in the snow. The cops tell her that she is probably just tired and her imagination had got the better of her. Katie began to feel relieved, but still a little shaken. As the police officers are about to leave, one of them stopped and looked behind the couch Katie was sitting on. His jaw dropped and skin went pale. Katie noticed the man’s reaction and jumped up to look too. She saw what made the officer react that way. There were wet footprints on the carpet behind the couch. She hadn’t seen the man outside the door, she’d seen his reflection when he was standing behind her.

#72 April 18 2014

mk555

ballad wrote:

jsut google it
it's been around for ages

I thought he wrote it.... Oh well I still enjoyed it

#73 April 18 2014

bermudapineapple

HarbDevLeb wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

... russian-sleep-experiment.shtml
I can sleep now

Truly Amazing , ∞/10 , I would have been horrified if you haven't posted that link

tt400 wrote:

A young girl is home alone for the first time with only her dog for company. Listening to the radio, she hears of a mental patient on the loose, so she locks all the doors and windows and goes to bed, taking her dog to her room with her and letting it sleep under her bed. She wakes in the night and can hear a dripping sound coming from the bathroom ...bla..bla....... Eventually she falls asleep. The next morning when she wakes, she goes to the bathroom for a drink of water. On the shower wall, written in blood are the words "I CAN LICK TOO", and her slaughtered, skinned dog is hanging from the shower head, its blood, now thick and dark, still dripping into the bathtub.

Truly disturbing

Don't be afraid. Yo' momma' didn't raise no fool.

#74 April 18 2014

bermudapineapple

m_zeid wrote:

look behind you!

One cold winter night, sixteen year old Katie was home alone. Her parents had gone out to a dinner party. It had been snowing all that afternoon, but had just recently stopped. After studying for a few hours she decided to relax a little. She made some popcorn, got a nice thick blanket and laid back on the couch to watch some TV in the living room. The television was positioned in front of one side of the glass sliding door that lead to a patio and the back yard. By midnight Katie’s parents still hadn’t come home and she was gripped with fear because from the corner of her eye she could have sworn she caught a glimpse of a very strange looking man staring at her standing outside the glass door behind the television. Terrified, she panicked, pulled blanket up over her head and grabbed the cordless phone that was by her side.

Katie called the police and, as luck would have it, there was a patrol car not far from her house. In a few minutes police are on the scene and Katie told them about the strange man who was standing outside, staring in through the glass.

The police opened the glass sliding door and looked around. After a few moments they turned around and explained to her that there could not have been anyone standing out there, as there would be footprints in the snow. The cops tell her that she is probably just tired and her imagination had got the better of her. Katie began to feel relieved, but still a little shaken. As the police officers are about to leave, one of them stopped and looked behind the couch Katie was sitting on. His jaw dropped and skin went pale. Katie noticed the man’s reaction and jumped up to look too. She saw what made the officer react that way. There were wet footprints on the carpet behind the couch. She hadn’t seen the man outside the door, she’d seen his reflection when he was standing behind her.

Ahhhh, this one is good. I lav it! Did you write it or find it?

#75 April 18 2014

m_zeid

tt400 wrote:

Ahhhh, this one is good. I lav it! Did you write it or find it?

http://urbanlegendsonline.com/reflection/

Board footer