LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 January 23 2006

mezin

Re: ADSL fees and more details

thank you guys for the funniest topic yet :)

we have people jumping into assupmtions
pedlars trying to diss other services to make theirs look good
misunderstanding everywhere; people totally missing points and flaming each other

why don't we delay this till the thing actually clears up (don't trust much in that march thing)

#27 January 27 2006

toxic

<admin edit>

we will have DSL in march

ok !

#28 February 9 2006

antokh

teodorgeorgiev wrote:

=============================================

Antokh, your post is really senseless and stupid. Clever people usually brag merely on their own achievements. Do you have any merit for getting this speed? Are you some of the engineers supporting the providers network? Or maybe you have invented the DSL technology?

Btw, my uncle was saying something: "If you are a little stupid bastard here, whereever you go, you will be still a little stupid bastard" :)

the only reason why i decided not to mix with the people of your likes is because people like you stink of impurities in their own bodies.
toxic impurities.
very harmful.
although i haven't invented DSL technology,  you are no smarter than a stupid little kid running around with the fire truck he got for christmas. i wish you luck for that since it seems you're only good at this little task of playing with fire trucks.
your stupid bastard of an uncle must've been the cause of your anomalies. so i don't really blame you my friend, i really don't. he must've tortured you well as a kid. i'm willing to listen to the other terrorizing stories that you have been through as a kid. did someone rape you? maybe was it your uncle? don't worry you can confess to me i will do no harm. i'm here to help you.
i'd rather not take this any further you funky alien. try not to cross my path because if it happens, i wouldn't want to make you polish my shoes because i believe you have earned your job as a technician, in a respectful manner obviously.
do i have any merit for getting this speed? not necessarly my friend. do you?
-----------------------------------------------

@admin: if you think my post is offensive, feel free to remove it and myself from this lovely community that is lebgeeks.com

#29 February 9 2006

samer
Admin

the flaming between anthokh and teodor stops here.
this topic is for discussing DSL in Lebanon, period.

#30 February 10 2006

Vector

I have something to say here

Overpriced,

Overrated

Underacheived

But I will hod it until the service becomes available, and then hell will probably break loose.

Vector

#31 February 10 2006

antokh

admin, it is your task to moderate the forum.
until then, good luck lebgeeks....

#32 February 10 2006

nuclearcat

antokh - u are not paying to admin, to tell him what to do.

#33 February 22 2006

hisham88

512 down 64 up , unlimited , 50 $ a month :S there must be somthing wrong ... i mean the numbers might be true but its definitely limited ( i think ) if it is really unlimited then there must be a certain limited number of user under each ISP  or else every one would open up their connection , leave it downloading over night at amazing speed ... it looks good if it's true but hey guys it doesn't make sense ...
i predict the 512 connection would be somewhere in the 300 $ , fixed IP , no peek times , dedicated connection and unlimited ... now that makes sense !!  hehe

#34 February 22 2006

mezin

not all lebanese are geeks, some people think internet = msn , so it's a more than reasonable price

#35 February 24 2006

nuclearcat

For non-stop downloads - not real. Even in countries who have fiber everywhere "heavy" Kazaa users is not welcome. For real home user even in Lebanon - it is REAL. But it doesnt mean it can be used as CIR(guaranteed,dedicated) bw. it is SHARED.

#36 March 2 2006

hisham88

what do  mean heavy kazaa users everywhere ? i don't get it man ... and who said it is shared ? they give dedicated connections are you kidding me ? :S

#37 March 3 2006

nuclearcat

Good IX in USA, for server in rack, it is $70/Mg. And you expect $50=512Kbit dedicated in the middle east? No way!

About shared Kazaa users, i mean they are not welcome even in civil countries, who have fiber everywhere. If you want to be kicked from ur home ADSL in Germany, leave Kazaa open with many downloads. Or they will block ports (if it possible), or kick you out. It is real story, and few my friends hit this. One of friends(cypriot), who like a lot downloads, got kicked from ADSL also.

Board footer