LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 June 9 2014

samer
Admin

Re: Post your rig

AvoK95 wrote:

This is a Post my rig topic, not post what I just ordered topic. Post your rigs after they're finished. That's the whole point of this.

They already ordered it, so it's safe to assume it will be their rig pretty soon.

#177 June 9 2014

omar_killer

I finished building my rig yesterday,but I'm still looking for a video card.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI H87-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Corsair 330R ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer
5M Generic white LED strip from AliExpress

PC
PC
PC
PC
PC
PC
PC

#178 June 9 2014

user

What I mentioned became my rig. The 3570 is a monster. It was interesting installing my own cpu for the first time ever. I nearly fried it(it hit 80 c on idle, and I played a game before I noticed that that was happening) But a couple of retries and I got it right... The cpu does not appear damaged from the ordeal.

edit: I will post pictures when I get home

Last edited by user (June 9 2014)

#179 June 9 2014

AvoK95

user wrote:

What I mentioned became my rig. The 3570 is a monster. It was interesting installing my own cpu for the first time ever. I nearly fried it(it hit 80 c on idle, and I played a game before I noticed that that was happening) But a couple of retries and I got it right... The cpu does not appear damaged from the ordeal.

Just a heads up, if you removed the heatsink and reinstalled it, you need to remove the old thermal paste and reapply it. However if your PC seems fine in terms of temps right now, I guess you'll be fine.

#180 June 9 2014

user

AvoK95 wrote:
user wrote:

Just a heads up, if you removed the heatsink and reinstalled it, you need to remove the old thermal paste and reapply it. However if your PC seems fine in terms of temps right now, I guess you'll be fine.

I knew that but I did not have any, the cpu came with thermal paste already applied on the fan. And when I removed the heatsink I even got some by mistake on my thumb. And I was worried it would not be enough. However I have been monitoring for 3 days now. it idles at 30 C and spikes to 55 C at max usage. It seems I am indeed fine. I became worried too that there have been some degradation or loss of lifespan from that little screw up...I remain worried.

#181 June 9 2014

AvoK95

user wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
user wrote:

I knew that but I did not have any, the cpu came with thermal paste already applied on the fan. And when I removed the heatsink I even got some by mistake on my thumb. And I was worried it would not be enough. However I have been monitoring for 3 days now. it idles at 30 C and spikes to 55 C at max usage. It seems I am indeed fine. I became worried too that there have been some degradation or loss of lifespan from that little screw up...I remain worried.

If it's running fine, then you have nothing to worry about.

#182 June 9 2014

MrClass

Don't you worry about the CPU. Your current temps are great now. The CPU does not get damaged much from the heat; it's the excess voltage that you have to worry about (if overclocking).

#183 June 9 2014

user

Ok thank you both. I feel better now. It is not overclocked and I did not get a k edition so I will not be doing that.

#184 September 6 2014

MrElie

Well just finished setting up my new rig and here it goes sharing it :

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
RAM: 1 x 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Fury White
Graphics: SAPPHIRE TOXIC R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST (UEFI)
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230t Windowed Compact midtower case rebel orange
Sound: Board built-in
SSD: Kingston SSD 120 GB Hyper-X 555 mb/s Read 550 mb/s Write
HDD: WD 500 GB
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Pro Water Cooling
Headset: Razer Banshee Starcraft II Edition
PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 630 Watt
Screen: Samsung 23" LED with 3D
Accessories: Installed LED lights myself
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T 5
Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula Normal Edition
Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Expert Edition

Pics shared on MediaFire:

mediafire.com/?404h0x6n4jpby

Last edited by MrElie (September 7 2014)

#185 September 6 2014

B00b

really nice build, but I'm not sure if you forgot to mention that your processor is unlocked or not. It looks like  you copy and pasted the specs. If it isn't, it makes that water block sort of pointless. Otherwise really nice build.

MrElie wrote:

PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 1200 Watt
Screen: Samsung 23" LED LED with 3D

Pics shared on MediaFire:

mediafire.com/?404h0x6n4jpby

Last edited by B00b (September 6 2014)

#186 September 6 2014

Die_Kapitan

MrElie wrote:

PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower 1200 Watt
Screen: Samsung 23" LED LED with 3D

You wasted your money on that Cooler, you should have gone with either an H105 with a 4770K or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with the 4770 and invested in a better GPU. You also lost some performance by going with single-channel RAM instead of dual-channel.

Last edited by Die_Kapitan (September 6 2014)

#187 September 7 2014

MrElie

Die_Kapitan wrote:

You wasted your money on that Cooler, you should have gone with either an H105 with a 4770K or a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with the 4770 and invested in a better GPU. You also lost some performance by going with single-channel RAM instead of dual-channel.

Well first thing i couldn't find the 4770k which i wish i had but the price i found was double the price of the non k.
I don't have a big knowledge in water cooling and i just liked the panel of the cooler that you put in the cd rom so i bought it. Reviews were not bad about it so i just went for it. I'm gonna invest in a better gpu soon but really i paid a lot for what i have now so ill wait a bit.

What do you mean by single-channel ram and dual-channel?

#188 September 7 2014

Aly

You could have got the 4770k from Amazon.com it wouldnt cost you much.
Also the 1200W PSU is an overkill, but all in all nice looking rig.

#189 September 7 2014

Die_Kapitan

MrElie wrote:

What do you mean by single-channel ram and dual-channel?

Single-channel means using just one memory stick, while dual-channel means using two sticks which increases memory bandwidth- it gives you nearly 20-30% performance boost over single-channel memory.

#190 September 7 2014

AvoK95

Die_Kapitan wrote:
MrElie wrote:

What do u mean by single-channel ram and dual-channel?

Single-channel means using just one memory stick, while dual-channel means using two sticks which increases memory bandwidth- it gives you nearly 20-30% performance boost over single-channel memory.

Gives you more bandwidth, but it wouldn't effect performance in games much as far as I know. But yeah, it's just better to have dual channel.

@MrElie, your tubes are too long, make them shorter, and PCandParts has the K version for $376. If you were gonna go non K, you could have ditched the risky water cooling and the money on the board

#191 September 21 2014

Tech Guru

Case: Thermal Take Chaser MK-1
Fan for Extra Ventilation: Thermal ltake 12cm Black x 12
CPU: Haswell I7 4790 4ghz ; 8MB Cache
Board: Asus Z97 K (I did not Chose the A since I will not SLI)
Ram: Kingston 8 GB 1600 Mhz Hyper X
Power Supply: Thermal-Take TPG-1050 Watt ; Tough Power Gold Certified
SSD: Crucial 512 GB
HDD: Western Digital 7200 Rpm / 64MB Black Edition
VGA: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 (980 Dudes Faster that FTX 780 Ti by 10% ; 2 Ks Resolutions 2048 × 1080 will be Easy to Handle  -the New Maxwell from Nvidia Released 5 Days Ago
Monitor: LG MP56HQ 24inch Full HD IPS
CPU Cooler: Not Stock - Thermal Take Contact 21 and I will Go With Arctic Cooling Thermal Paste
KB & Mouse: Wireless A4tech 9100f
Optical: LG DVD R/W

#192 September 21 2014

omar_killer

Tech Guru wrote:

Case: Thermal Take Chaser MK-1
Fan for Extra Ventilation: Thermal ltake 12cm Black x 12
CPU: Haswell I7 4790 4ghz ; 8MB Cache
Board: Asus Z97 K (I did not Chose the A since I will not SLI)
Ram: Kingston 8 GB 1600 Mhz Hyper X
Power Supply: Thermal-Take TPG-1050 Watt ; Tough Power Gold Certified
SSD: Crucial 512 GB
HDD: Western Digital 7200 Rpm / 64MB Black Edition
VGA: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4GB GDDR5 (980 Dudes Faster that FTX 780 Ti by 10% ; 2 Ks Resolutions 2048 × 1080 will be Easy to Handle  -the New Maxwell from Nvidia Released 5 Days Ago
Monitor: LG MP56HQ 24inch Full HD IPS
CPU Cooler: Not Stock - Thermal Take Contact 21 and I will Go With Arctic Cooling Thermal Paste
KB & Mouse: Wireless A4tech 9100f
Optical: LG DVD R/W

Where did you get the 980? And price?

Also is the monitor any good? I'm thinking of buying one.

Sick build! Post some pics.

#193 September 21 2014

Tech Guru

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4GB GBBR5  - http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce- … B00NH2D5DC - I will be getting  l if you have some one coming from the USA get one much stronger compared to the 770 , and it is based on the Maxwell architecture which is more power efficient compared to the Kepler in the 7 series. Also it includes in graphics sets which will implemented in Direct X 12 the 770 -780 will run Direct X 12 but not all the features but sub features. Yes the Monitor is Good , go with the HP 23xi is Great Too .. What Are Your Desktop Specs

#194 September 21 2014

omar_killer

Tech Guru wrote:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming 4GB GBBR5  - http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce- … B00NH2D5DC - I will be getting  l if you have some one coming from the USA get one much stronger compared to the 770 , and it is based on the Maxwell architecture which is more power efficient compared to the Kepler in the 7 series. Also it includes in graphics sets which will implemented in Direct X 12 the 770 -780 will run Direct X 12 but not all the features but sub features. Yes the Monitor is Good , go with the HP 23xi is Great Too .. What Are Your Desktop Specs

Yeah they're pretty power efficient,I posted my rig on the same page,just scroll up,also I got a sapphire 280x but I'm looking for a monitor.

#195 September 21 2014

Tech Guru

LG MP56HQ 24inch Full HD IPS Good For It , I did a Lot of  Searches. It is IPS and Full HD on 24 inch with wide viewing angles. Price USD 195 including VAT

#196 September 21 2014

omar_killer

Yeah from pcandparts.

That's what I'm looking for a cheap,LED backlit IPS, 1080p screen with hdmi.

#197 September 21 2014

MrElie

by the way we are cheaper than pcandparts :) specially in screens and stuff :)

CompuWorld contact me for anything

#198 September 21 2014

Tech Guru

Elie do You Have GPUs , how much are you selling the LG MP56HQ 24inch Full HD including VAT , any Availability of 2k or 4k Monitors

#199 September 21 2014

MrElie

we have availability of all monitors.. you just need to whatsapp me tomorrow on 70011822 so i can check for you on our system the prices :)

Last edited by MrElie (September 21 2014)

#200 September 23 2014

MrClass

A little teaser for my soon to be rig:

IMAG0135_zps54671ce6.jpg

Last edited by MrClass (September 23 2014)

Board footer