LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 23 2010

Kassem

Logo Attempt

Hey everyone,

I recently decided to create an HTML based portfolio website for myself to replace the Flash one I already have. I purchased a new domain name which is kdarwish.info. Anyway, I'm trying to create my own logo but I'm not very sure about the results I've got. Below are two versions of the same logo.
logo3.png
logo2.png
Please answer the following questions so I would make my mind...
1. What do you think of the concept?
2. What about the colors?
3. Do you actually like it? If you do, which one should I choose?
4. Any other comments?

Your feedback is highly appreciated, I'd like to know whether to keep this one or try to create another one...

P.S: I'm not a graphic designer!

Last edited by Kassem (October 23 2010)

#2 October 23 2010

Xsever

Re: Logo Attempt

1. The concept is nice and simple, but change the font for "ESTABLISH YOUR ONLINE PRESENCE". I find it very dull.

2. The colors are ok. I prefer more fresh colors but that is a preference.

3. The code segment is cool. You can try simplifying it a bit for non-technical people.

4. Do you have a friend who is a graphic designer and who can probably help?

#3 October 23 2010

EddieEC

Idea is nice but bad colors and bad font.

#4 October 24 2010

Kassem

Thanks for the feedback guys. I personally like these colors but I'm always open for suggestions, so what colors do you think would be more suitable?

I changed the font for the tag line, let me know if that's any better...
logo4.png

P.S: 67 views and only 2 comments? C'mon guys, I need your feedback!

Last edited by Kassem (October 24 2010)

#5 October 24 2010

EddieEC

Fresh light colors. These colors don't attract me, which isn't good if you're looking to attract people.

#6 October 24 2010

Kassem

Ok here's another version with light colors...
logo5.png

#7 October 24 2010

Ayman

The newer version looks awesome IMO but I dislike the code in the logo, lots of clients wont understand it anyways. Nice work, keep it up :)

#8 October 24 2010

Georges

Scientists Are Not Good In Designing Beautiful Things. Period!
Ask for a help of a graphic designer.

One Small Remark: The Letter K looks weird to me. Try Flipping it by 180* vertically.

#9 October 24 2010

EddieEC

I like it, but the blue behind the code is dull. Also change it.

#10 October 25 2010

MegaCool

remove the code man, logo looks fine imo..

Last edited by MegaCool (October 25 2010)

#11 October 25 2010

Joe

Nice logo!

Here's what your logo says about you:
- You are advertising yourself (they are your initials). You are a freelancer trying to improve your own image. So you are targeting clients who are interested in a web image.
- Your tag line says that your expertise is around the web. That means setting up a website, but also content management systems, content auditing, search engine optimization, revenue making, online shops, etc etc.
- First colors look more sober. The second font gives the same feeling. They send a "maturity" message, like you are not a kid who knows some scripts, but a working professional who knows how to act like one (get on time on meetings, respect deadlines and budgets, ability to deliver a fully functional reliable finished product, etc.)
- The piece of code shows that you are someone whose skills are very technical. That means you are able to hold a serious conversation about technical issue, performance issues, database comparison, algorithm optimizations, etc.

This logo issues a strong statement, all to your advantage. However you do not want to send your clients a wrong impression. If at any point of my description you find yourself disapproving then maybe it is best to make some changes in it.

:-)

#12 October 25 2010

Kassem

Seems like Joe has picked up the message I'm trying to deliver quiet perfectly... :)

Some comments:

rahmu wrote:

- You are advertising yourself (they are your initials). You are a freelancer trying to improve your own image. So you are targeting clients who are interested in a web image.

Exactly

rahmu wrote:

- Your tag line says that your expertise is around the web. That means setting up a website, but also content management systems, content auditing, search engine optimization, revenue making, online shops, etc etc.

That is very true. The services I'll be offering go beyond merely web development to e-Business and e-Marketing. I could've used a much narrowed down tag line like "I Build Your Website" if that was the case. But using a kinda abstract mission statement tag line is a much better idea (from a marketing point of view). Why? Because I might start as a web developer right now, but what if I got enough experience and credibility to provide professional e-Business/e-Marketing service and consultancy? (which is actually what I'm seeking for).

rahmu wrote:

- First colors look more sober. The second font gives the same feeling. They send a "maturity" message, like you are not a kid who knows some scripts, but a working professional who knows how to act like one (get on time on meetings, respect deadlines and budgets, ability to deliver a fully functional reliable finished product, etc.)

Again, you were totally right on this one. I wanted a font that conveys seriousness and professionalism (the font used in the tag line). I also used the dark colors for the same purpose but the guys above complained about it being dull so I'm still unsure which colors to choose.

rahmu wrote:

- The piece of code shows that you are someone whose skills are very technical. That means you are able to hold a serious conversation about technical issue, performance issues, database comparison, algorithm optimizations, etc.

My intension was to get technical like you've pointed out. But I think I'll have to get rid of the code because it wouldn't look good when the logo is scaled down. Plus, it kinda stands out of the flow, in a graphical sense that is. The question here is whether I need the code to deliver the message of "someone whose skills are very technical" or are the other components of the logo enough for that?

Joe, thanks for the detailed reply. That's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. :)

#13 October 25 2010

spicydesign

Aren't you a Coder / Developer? ;)

52808124.png

if you like it let me know, I'll clean it a little bit + vectorize it and send it to you

#14 October 27 2010

Kassem

I actually like it. Send it please!

#15 October 28 2010

spicydesign

I tried to send it to your email and it bounces back, you can download it from here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b404d3f/n/KD-Logo.eps

51444276.jpg

Cheers
Alex

#16 October 28 2010

Joe

Wow man, these logos are amazing!!
Now I know where to go if I ever need logo :)

I also checked your website, your designs look great. We would love to get to know you better, and have you participate a bit more in our website. Maybe share a bit about yourself, your skills, how you ended up in Canada, how you found out about us, ... It would also be great if you could share some of your knowledge on Adobe Suite with us (tutorials maybe?).

Anyway, you could start by presenting yourself in the New Members Forum.

Welcome :-)

#17 October 28 2010

cnicolaou

Man these cards/logo are flipping awesome... well done

spicydesign wrote:

I tried to send it to your email and it bounces back, you can download it from here

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3641/51444276.jpg

Cheers
Alex

#18 October 28 2010

spicydesign

Thanks Joe, for sure I'll post something about myself  in the new members forum, I think I should have started there lol. and sure if you need anything just let me know

Cheers
Alex

rahmu wrote:

Wow man, these logos are amazing!!
Now I know where to go if I ever need logo :)

I also checked your website, your designs look great. We would love to get to know you better, and have you participate a bit more in our website. Maybe share a bit about yourself, your skills, how you ended up in Canada, how you found out about us, ... It would also be great if you could share some of your knowledge on Adobe Suite with us (tutorials maybe?).

Anyway, you could start by presenting yourself in the New Members Forum.

Welcome :-)

#19 October 28 2010

spicydesign

Thanks buddy.

Alex

cnicolaou wrote:

Man these cards/logo are flipping awesome... well done

spicydesign wrote:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/3641/51444276.jpg

Cheers
Alex

Board footer