LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 19 2010

MegaCool

Whats with the heat and extreme high temperatures??

I have to admit that I cant stand the weather anymore,

I cant recall any time before that where temperatures have risen to that level, and what make things worse is the F%^& electricity situation in Lebanon, I'm making gallons out of my sweat alone  , have to bath 3 times a day...

anyways i stumbled by accuweather today and checked out the temperatures, I actually wasa bit shocked to see this
beirut198.png

I mean seriously wtf?? is there any reasonable explanation for that?? i remember when summer was  all about 28 degrees...

PS. IMO Global Warming is BS

Last edited by MegaCool (August 19 2010)

#2 August 19 2010

nuclearcat

Re: Whats with the heat and extreme high temperatures??

Global Warming is not just a bit few degrees more hot weather.
It is MUCH more extreme weather and disasters... destabilization of earth balance.
Usually it leads to extinction of many species.

#3 August 19 2010

Georges

This is what heaven looks like for me now:

ice_age_2_1.jpg

#4 August 19 2010

edgelord101

Hehe. I thought you were going to talk about your PC overheating or something. Just do what I did and come to Africa. It's winter here compared to Beirut!

#5 August 19 2010

elchebib

Global Warming at its best....

#6 August 19 2010

edgelord101

On a more positive note, you can be happy that the "warming" in Global Warming is just temporary. We'll eventually freeze to death.

#7 August 19 2010

MegaCool

Tako_400 wrote:

On a more positive note, you can be happy that the "warming" in Global Warming is just temporary. We'll eventually freeze to death.

I hope so thats my dream death :)

#8 August 19 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

you guys are attacking the nature while its controlled by God , we are the stupid one who have voted for the evil government playing with us on this specific month (Ramadan month) turning off our electricity !!!!! ,
does anyone read the news , see whats happening to pakistan , china ... i say l hamdellah 3a hal ta2es min ino ysir chi tene ;)

#9 August 19 2010

MegaCool

<admin edit: read the writing guidelines>

Last edited by MegaCool (August 19 2010)

#10 August 19 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

MegaCool wrote:

I say yseer shee tene a7san I prefer floods than a hot weather, and yeah something must be done about that electricity conspiracy ,nothing is actually worse than an iftar 3al sham3a.. the only solution for our problems is a Violent Revolution :)

the best solution was for me , APS + two car batteries + big fan kinda fixed my problem :/

#11 August 19 2010

MegaCool

Aj_BlaZ wrote:
MegaCool wrote:

I say yseer shee tene a7san I prefer floods than a hot weather, and yeah something must be done about that electricity conspiracy ,nothing is actually worse than an iftar 3al sham3a.. the only solution for our problems is a Violent Revolution :)

the best solution was for me , APS + two car batteries + big fan kinda fixed my problem :/

Thats what I did a UPS + 150A Truck Battery and a fan too, bass after 5 hours of use mabaddak a constant kahraba to charge them, so its kind of a semi-solution...

#12 August 19 2010

Flakk

Yeah its insane, today i had to skip an hour of my work to go take a bath at home!
Plus my poor desktop PC "3am yeshwi batata" like daily, and the AC is not helping when electricity cuts off 20 times a day :@

#13 August 20 2010

Georges

Flakk wrote:

Yeah its insane, today i had to skip an hour of my work to go take a bath at home!
Plus my poor desktop PC "3am yeshwi batata" like daily, and the AC is not helping when electricity cuts off 20 times a day :@

Here's a solution my friend: I've been using it since 1900 w khachbe !
pikachu.gif

#14 August 20 2010

rolf

I have AC 24/7 :-D (It's one of these models that automatically go back on after a power cut), and electricity is 24/24.
I have to say I got sick of A/C before yesterday, I had to turn it off for the afternoon and open the window. I was really feeling sick of living in the artificial atmosphere all the time, but the next day it was back to usual. Maybe the oxygen got depleted because i didn't open the window for so long :-)
On the bright side it's a great weather for going to the beach.
And I'll allow access to my constantly cooled room at 1000LL/hour/person

Also, if you feel really bad, think about the guy who died this year in Finland in the "Sauna Championships" "final match", due to bad burns, with heat exceeding 110 degrees C. His competitor also was badly injured and had to be hospitalized.

Last edited by rolf (August 20 2010)

#15 August 20 2010

Bassem

I don't mind heat, it's the humidity that kills me. Fuck I hate humidity. I can take a lot of heat (unlike cold... I hate the cold) but I hate being humid!

I think we have it relatively easy... look at what is going on in other parts of the world this summer. Floods, fires, storms, more floods,... the world's climate is truly and undeniably messed up.

Has no one else noticed the gradual change in Lebanese climate over the years? Each year the moderate seasons (autumn and spring) are shrinking and the extreme seasons (winter and summer) are getting longer. The delicate balance of our four seasons is getting destroyed.

#16 August 20 2010

rolf

Besides, sweating releases toxins.

#17 August 20 2010

al_jamal

Bassem wrote:

I don't mind heat, it's the humidity that kills me. Fuck I hate humidity. I can take a lot of heat (unlike cold... I hate the cold) but I hate being humid!

I think we have it relatively easy... look at what is going on in other parts of the world this summer. Floods, fires, storms, more floods,... the world's climate is truly and undeniably messed up.

Has no one else noticed the gradual change in Lebanese climate over the years? Each year the moderate seasons (autumn and spring) are shrinking and the extreme seasons (winter and summer) are getting longer. The delicate balance of our four seasons is getting destroyed.

thats in germany too

#18 August 20 2010

GN90

"Lebnen 7elo bi tabi3to, bi mane5o eh bass ma ....." LOL

Global Worming is just beginning, what's next is even worse unless the world's crappy governments decide to solve this problem and stop wasting time on how to make more money and take control of the planet.
watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvnqv1- … re=related

#19 August 20 2010

MegaCool

2010 on course to be world's hottest since records began 

its a worldwide issue, I sense a slight beginning of a major climate changes in the near future..

#20 August 20 2010

arithma

Yorgi wrote:
Flakk wrote:

Here's a solution my friend: I've been using it since 1900 w khachbe !
http://heidthebaw.files.wordpress.com/2 … ikachu.gif

Damnit, I love Pikatchu!

[edit]And now I think I know why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyJiQSRSdqI[/edit]

Last edited by arithma (August 20 2010)

#21 August 20 2010

J4D

すごいじゃん~!!

#22 August 20 2010

mmk92

its a really strong heatwave, the jaw is gonna be back to normal by sunday evening/monday morning

#23 August 20 2010

MrClass

Stupid Heat affecting my rig. This is the first time I see my graphics card heat to 72 degrees on zero load. Seriously something wrong is going on. Heck I began sitting in the server room at my work to cool down

#24 August 20 2010

MrClass

lol some new technology in clothing should appear soon to help the human body survive in his surrounding environment. OR, a cheaper version: people will get out naked to stay cool. heheh

#25 August 21 2010

samer
Admin

MrClass wrote:

lol some new technology in clothing should appear soon to help the human body survive in his surrounding environment. OR, a cheaper version: people will get out naked to stay cool. heheh

That's not the cheaper version of some new technology, that's a terribly outdated yet still efficient one!

Board footer