LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 28 2010

Bij

Logitech VX Revolution mouse Problem

The battery of my logitech VX revolution mouse died today, when i removed it to replace it the mouse wont turn on ! i tried many batteries which are brand new, but no luck. Anyone has suggestions ? Is there any place i can take the mouse so it gets fixed ? the logitech "wakil" here in lebanon or something...

#2 June 28 2010

J4D

Re: Logitech VX Revolution mouse Problem

rechargeable batteries ?! some pictures of the situation might help  :)

#3 June 28 2010

Bij

Rechargeable batteries indeed ! it exactly happened after i removed the Duracell rechargeable battery for the first time and tried to replace it with another one. i hope that doesn't mean am busted :/
the documentation that came didn't say anything against rechargeable batteries...

#4 June 28 2010

J4D

it needs charging for atleast 12 hours before use ;) , try getting any battary to make sure nothing is wrong with the mouse itself , or use the old battary , or check the polarity ;)

#5 June 28 2010

Bij

no use :/ i just discovered that the red wire connecting the two terminals has been cut away from the positive terminal
you can see it in this https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplic … ?id=684680
second page
i just went through my dad's tools and supplies for a thin copper cable to reconnect the terminals, because it's impossible to solder it without opening the mouse in half as in the picture
any (other) suggestions ?

#6 June 28 2010

J4D

you will have to open the mouse for a proper fix . if you have a soldering iron you can do it yourself :)

Board footer