LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 8 2010

bigjudge

The new Nokia

I have never liked Nokia till now, i always buy sony phones I currently have the k850i. However, after seeing what this phone can do, i am thinking that my next phone will be a Nokia unless Sony answers back. Who can say no to a phone with smile detection.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8-3252.php

#2 May 8 2010

Georges

Re: The new Nokia

- TV-out via HDMI and composite
- Dolby Digital Plus via HDMI

That's Cool. But still, the design is horrible. i won't walk on the street with such a huge thing in my hands.

#3 May 8 2010

Kassem

wow! look at that camera! 12MP?! They gotta be kidding cuz that's just awesome! I gave up on Nokia last month and got a Samsung because Nokia cannot be used to its full capabilities in Lebanon (you know... we do not have a 3G network yet) and I find it ridiculous to pay for all the extra features I won't be using. But, if we get 3G for a good price in Lebanon that would definitely be my first choice of a mobile phone.

P.S: What are these exactly: "Geo-tagging, face and smile detection"? And what's Push-To-Talk?

#4 May 8 2010

Kassem

Yorgi wrote:

That's Cool. But still, the design is horrible. i won't walk on the street with such a huge thing in my hands.

oh c'mon, it's not really huge. Bigger screens are much better than smaller ones (at least that's what I think). What about the iPhone? Isn't that a "huge thing"? Yet many people actually buy the iPhone, and the N97 for that matter...

#5 May 8 2010

bigjudge

Kassem wrote:

What are these exactly: "Geo-tagging, face and smile detection"? And what's Push-To-Talk?

Geo tagging = It is marking a video, photo or other media with a location using the GPS function in the phone, Face detection has been used for a long time now by many law enforcement agencies abroad.  more info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_detection

Smile detection is really cool, if you set it on, the camera won't take a picture unless the person you are photographing cracks a smile. You don't even have to take the picture yourself, it is automatically done.

The push to talk function is mainly used for business, it is a service offered by the Cell companies to be able to use your phone as a walkie talkie, thus saving money on those phone bills.

#6 May 8 2010

Georges

Kassem wrote:
Yorgi wrote:

oh c'mon, it's not really huge. Bigger screens are much better than smaller ones (at least that's what I think). What about the iPhone? Isn't that a "huge thing"? Yet many people actually buy the iPhone, and the N97 for that matter...

And who said i like the iPhone

#7 May 8 2010

kareem_nasser

No use for 3G(LOL), the cam looks great so expect a high price for that, Java Support looks great(in your Face Mr.Steve Jobs) + the extra features too. If they release a WiFi version only then i may consider buying it buy Sony Aino looks better for me at least.

#8 May 8 2010

Georges

Nokia C6 is better.

nokia-c6-black.jpg

I also like HTC Tilt 2

atnt-htc-tilt2-handset.jpg

Last edited by Yorgi (May 8 2010)

#9 May 8 2010

kareem_nasser

Your in the US man you can choose what every Phone you want and using ALL its features(3G). :(

Board footer