LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 25 2010

ballouta

standard vga graphics adapter

i formatted a laptop i have and installed windows 7. when i try to run a game I'm not allowed  and I get a message box (forgot what it say) when i want to see whats my vga i get standard vga graphics adapter. any idea how to install it ?

#2 April 25 2010

kareem_nasser

Re: standard vga graphics adapter

Yesterday i wanted to update my friends driver it is an ATI gfx chip on an E series Sony VAIO when on there site i chose everything right but they told me to go the Sony esupport website i did but then i didn't do anything i cant actually find any ATI drivers there so i just quit.
I hope this is what you meant.

#3 April 25 2010

Flakk

Yeah you need to install the proper drivers for your video card.
Check the Video card you have in your laptop, is it an ATI, Nvidia or Intel ? if you cant tell from the device manager there should be a logo printed near the keyboard if it was ATI or nvidia or look at its specs sheet if you have one.

#4 April 25 2010

rolf

Go to the site of the maker of the laptop, and see if you can download drivers for the display adapter for this particular model.

#5 April 25 2010

J4D

What is the make and model of your laptop ?!

#6 April 26 2010

ballouta

the laptop is compac. and there is an invidia sticker. but i inserted the enno 3d invidia graphics installation kit i get that there is no invidia driver on this computer or something like that.

#7 April 26 2010

Flakk

Go to the compaq website and search for the drivers. The standard desktop drivers will not work on the mobile editions of Nvidia.
http://www.compaq.com/country/cpq_support.html
on the left select Software & Driver downloads and input your laptop number.

Board footer