LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 4 2010

Kassem

Flash: Tweening Engine

Hey everyone... I was just wondering what you guys use for a tweening engine? Do you use the native Tween class or some external tweening engine such as Tweener, GreenSock, gTween... etc. Please provide your reasons/features that encouraged you to choose a certain engine...

#2 March 5 2010

arithma

Re: Flash: Tweening Engine

I use Tweener. But it's rather inefficient when you have objects to tween in the thousands (but then I'd use an enter frame event).
BTW, I think this should be title [Actionscript]: Tweening Engine, and should be placed in the programming section.

#3 March 5 2010

Ayman

Actually I worked for a limited time with flash and AS3 and did basic stuff so I relied on the native Tween class to do the required work, I am thinking of going back to flash soon so I will be checking out some other Tweening Engines :)

#4 March 5 2010

Kassem

@ arithma, I'm still not very sure about how this forum is divided. I thought everything that relates to web development can be posted here. If I was mistaken, maybe a mod can move the topic :)

@AymanFarhat, Flash is literally amazing! The possibilities are endless... you can do astonishing stuff with it, especially when you reach the "advanced" level.

Personally, I use GreenSock's tweening engine. It's is SUPER fast and efficient. And now with version 11 you can use TimelineLite to sequence your tweens in a very organized and easy way. So yeah, I recommend it for everyone.

Board footer