LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 12 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

Toyota issues ?

Hey all i have heard many things about toyota having issues with their cars could anyone tell me whats really going on in details cause i have corolla 2008 and i can go up to 170 km/h easy anyone having problems ?

Last edited by Aj_BlaZ (February 12 2010)

#2 February 12 2010

Xsever

Re: Toyota issues ?

The 2008 Corolla is not affected. The problem is that the gas pedal is sticking which is causing unintentional acceleration.

#3 February 12 2010

kareem_nasser

I have seen that on CNBC like 2 months ago  why did we now in Lebanon get the info about it.

#4 February 12 2010

rolf

Xsever wrote:

The 2008 Corolla is not affected. The problem is that the gas pedal is sticking which is causing unintentional acceleration.

I guess that's pretty serious.

http://consumerist.com/2009/10/memo-rev … -pics.html

Detail of the crash that killed the 4 occupants in the U.S. That is a horrific story, an occupant in the car actually spoke with 911 for one minute, and the car struck multiple obstacles until it flew off a bridge, and crashed and burned, killing all inside. The 911 call ended with the crash.

It says the ignition button needs to be pressed for 3 seconds when the car is moving to turn off the engine. The engine seemingly overpowered the brakes (that something like that could happen is quite deceiving from Toyota). Why the driver did not put the car in neutral is still a mystery to me.

Last edited by rolf (February 12 2010)

#5 February 12 2010

battikh

toyota also recalled the prius and the lexus hs due to abs problems, the 2010 coroalla for steering problems and some camry's for breaking issues.

you also have honda that recalled 2001-2002 models of the civic and accord due to airbag issues, and jazz and city due to a problem that could cause fire in the car.

and then you have volkswagen that recalled some models that are sold only in brazil due to tire problems.

#6 February 12 2010

patrick

Which cars exactly ? I have a toyota

#7 February 12 2010

arithma

The cars bought from toyota's agents in lebanon are not affected as they import from japan when the faulty models come from the us. if you have a used toyota, the agents here in lebanon will fix it for you for free.
I saw it on tv today, the toyota news though are pretty old now, get urself a bbc rss on your firefox to stay updated..

#8 February 12 2010

invo

get a honda  that should solve it

#9 February 12 2010

battikh

^^ honda is also recalling civics, accords, crv, jazz and city. it's most of their models...

#10 February 12 2010

J4D

anything about Daihatsu ?

#11 February 12 2010

invo

battikh wrote:

^^ honda is also recalling civics, accords, crv, jazz and city. it's most of their models...

damm just googled that .. "Honda has added 437,700 cars, mainly in North America, to its existing global safety recall over airbag inflation problems." thanks for the info mate  will drop by the dealer and see whats that about and if there are any defects in the 2006 models

Last edited by invo (February 12 2010)

#12 February 12 2010

Aj_BlaZ
Banned

that's sad and i was hoping to buy this car someday :(
Toyota-Supra.jpg

#13 February 12 2010

patrick

10317_160745366985_517761985_3270702_6015639_n.jpg

TOYOTA OWNAGE