LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 16 2010

Kul.Kuthura

Hello.

Mar7aba. My name is Michel Semaan, age 15, currently residing in Sin il-Fil. I listen to Metal, I love RPGs and strategy games, and I'm agnostic(shu kefer!!1one). My username is also the name of my newly formed Symphonic Black Metal band. I like to read, play basketball, pixel and digital art creation, and programming. I'm in the process of creating my own RPG right now.
Me, me, me, me, me.

#2 January 16 2010

Ayman

Re: Hello.

Nice, I am sure that creating your own RPG is really interesting and is a very good practice, which programming language are you using?

#3 January 16 2010

Kul.Kuthura

There's this engine that uses a simplified version of C++. It's a great and at the same time fun way of learning the fundamentals of programming.

#4 January 16 2010

Ayman

There's this engine that uses a simplified version of C++. It's a great and at the same time fun way of learning the fundamentals of programming.

Nice, have you checked out Game Maker ? It has a scripting language similar to C++ and makes making games much easier and simpler, I think this is the one you are using. Anyways, good luck and welcome on board, have fun :)

#5 January 16 2010

GN90

wow creating your own RPG is something nice !
can can you tell me the what engine are u using ?
I'm currently practicing with game maker but i'd like to see what other engine have to offer.

#6 January 18 2010

Kul.Kuthura

AymanFarhat wrote:

Nice, have you checked out Game Maker ? It has a scripting language similar to C++ and makes making games much easier and simpler, I think this is the one you are using. Anyways, good luck and welcome on board, have fun :)

GN90 wrote:

wow creating your own RPG is something nice !
can can you tell me the what engine are u using ?
I'm currently practicing with game maker but i'd like to see what other engine have to offer.

I'm currently using the RPG Toolkit, which is much easier for RPGs than Gamemaker. I admit, Game Maker is alot more flexible, but the RPG Toolkit is more suited for my current needs.
And thanks for the warm welcomes.

#7 January 18 2010

xterm

#8 January 18 2010

Kul.Kuthura

I think that XNA fails miserably in PC games, but it does provide a good source for indie 360 games and job opportunities in the game development business.

#9 January 18 2010

xterm

Kul.Kuthura wrote:

I think that XNA fails miserably in PC games, but it does provide a good source for indie 360 games and job opportunities in the game development business.

Fails miserably as opposed to RPG Toolkit? :\

#10 January 20 2010

Joe

xterm wrote:
Kul.Kuthura wrote:

Fails miserably as opposed to RPG Toolkit? :\

Owned! >.>

Hello KulKuth

Board footer