LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 13 2010

ijanawra

10MP Cameras...

Hi, I'm wondering how much digital cameras go for in Leb...10MP+ preferrably Sony, in the UK they can go for about $110 or sometimes less...Any ideas?

#2 January 13 2010

samer
Admin

Re: 10MP Cameras...

ijanawra wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering how much digital cameras go for in Leb...10MP+ preferrably Sony, in the UK they can go for about $110 or sometimes less...Any ideas?

Are we talking DSLR or Point and Shoot?

#3 January 13 2010

xterm

BANG

#4 January 13 2010

ijanawra

Point and Shoot, just a regaular thin digital camera, with a 2.5" display, nothing over the top, but I remember a few years ago my in-laws bought one from Beirut and it was 2 or 3 times the price I could get it for elsewhere...So I'm just wondering if they just didn't know where to go or thats the case all over

Arwa

#5 January 13 2010

Xsever

Check this link: http://pcandparts.com/cam.htm

For example, the Sony CyberShot DSC-W180 10.1MP costs $177.00. The Canon Powershot A470+ 2GB SD Card + Bag costs $115.00.

Last edited by Xsever (January 13 2010)

#6 January 13 2010

ijanawra

Hey thanks a lot, that's very helpful...Another question, do electronics come with full warranties?  Of course I mean 1 year manufacturer's warranty

#7 January 14 2010

EddieEC

My dad has a store in batroun called MegaTronix, they have a Sony 10.1 MP camera for about $150.

#8 January 14 2010

ijanawra

Thanks Eddie, can you give me the model number please?  If it's not too much trouble, and also does it come with a 1 year warranty?

#9 January 14 2010

battikh

why sony? canon has much better pictures.

#10 January 14 2010

ijanawra

I'm not really that bothered...Are they better? I've just had Sony since forver thats all..if I find something better I'd get it..are you talking about a specific model?

#11 January 14 2010

J4D

i have a Sony dsc-p10 and a Canon forgot what / id take the macros and close ups with the canon , and big general pictures with the Sony .  each has its own characteristics in my opinion .

#12 January 14 2010

battikh

usually canon has better picture quality, specially under low light. damn, canon does magic under low light!!!!
sony usually has better features, like smile detection and stuff like that (which are really not that necessary compared to picture quality).

Board footer