LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 14 2009

Ayman

Where To Buy A Wacom In Lebanon + Price

Hey, my sister is a graphic design enthusiast and she asked me today where she can find a Wacom tablet to buy in Lebanon, I did a search and found nothing, if anyone knows any place that sells Wacom tablets or it's price in Lebanon It would be great. And If you are asking yourself, what is a Wacom tablet? well basically it is handy graphic tablet for drawing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wacom. Thanks very much in advance for your help. :)

Last edited by Ayman (November 14 2009)

#2 November 14 2009

J4D

Re: Where To Buy A Wacom In Lebanon + Price

i was searching for those about a month ago here you go

Wacom WCMB002 Bamboo Fun Small Tablet     $141.00
Wacom WCMB004 Bamboo Fun Medium Tablet     $279.00
Wacom WCMI011 Intuos 4 Small Tablet             $328.00
Wacom WCMI012 Intuos 4 Medium Tablet             $527.00
Wacom WCMI013 Intuos 4 Large Tablet             $685.00
Wacom WCMB005 Wireless Pen Tablet A5             $345.00
Wacom PTZ-1231W/G1-B Intuos 3 A3 Wide       $755.00

from   http://www.pcandparts.com

#3 November 14 2009

rolf

They have a tablet at the office, plugged into a Mac.
Ill ask and give you back details on monday. It comes with a software that simulates painting effects.

#4 November 14 2009

ballouta

if your sister need something professional my cousin bought this about 1-2 years ago: http://www.republicofcode.com/uploaded_ … 771814.jpg
if you like it tell me I'll get you more information from her. but what i know she bought it from USA and shipped it to Lebanon and the price is about 2300$ or 3k$ something like that.

Last edited by ballouta (November 14 2009)

#5 November 16 2009

Ayman

Hey thanks guys for the info, actually she is not a professional but a hobbyist and she is still young, so basically the $141 Wacom would be more than enough for a Christmas present :)

Last edited by Ayman (November 16 2009)

#6 November 30 2009

Bassem

You know, you can find much much cheaper tablets that aren't Wacom and are still very good.

Genius tablets are great. (In fact I find the entire Genius hardware line is a good balance between quality and price.)

The tablets are certainly enough for a hobbyist. Some 5 years ago I bought their 3x5 inch tablet for 35$. It's been great and lasted me several years. They now have newer, sexier models.

Also, Aiptek make good tablets. I bought a HUGE 9x12 inches for 100$. It serves me well.

You can find these Taiwanese products much easier than Wacom, too.

If you insist on getting Wacom, you get it from pcandparts.com or visit the Mac shop in Bliss street, Hamra.

#7 December 3 2009

Ayman

Genius tablets are great. (In fact I find the entire Genius hardware line is a good balance between quality and price.)

Yup, I have finally settled for the Genius tablet, it is quite good and much cheaper. Thanks for the advice and info everyone :)

#8 December 3 2009

rolf

AymanFarhat wrote:

Yup, I have finally settled for the Genius tablet, it is quite good and much cheaper. Thanks for the advice and info everyone :)

Do not decide based on the tablet only. Take a look at the software. Try to find
"art rage" it lets you "paint" using the tablet, the result is very realistic, as if you were painting using a brush/pen/whatever (you can select) only without the mess.

#9 December 28 2009

EddieEC

You can also find TRUST tablets, pretty good, I got one from Virgin Megastore for $70, it's a perfect tablet. Genius tablets are good as well, but for professionalism, Wacom tablets are the best.

#10 January 5 2010

pikatore

I have a TRUST tablet, 400-V2. It's adequate for my needs, but I think for a REAL graphic artist, at least the model I have, it's a very bad idea.

#11 January 13 2010

ijanawra

Can I ask, the other tablets, the ones cheaper than the Wacom, where can I get those from, PC and Parts? Or several different places?

Board footer