LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 9 2009

nablaux

salamat

Hello all;

I am happy to have found this forum. It is definitely needed in Lebanon. It seems that the IT world in lebanon is in a totally different place (or dimension) than all other businesses, or fields in the country. We definitely need to explore many possibilities and to tell you truth (for all business minded geeks) it is a market that is not well explored yet in this field.
Anyways, my name is rida sadek and I am currently doing my PhD in Barcelona in computer science (computer vision and image processing specifically). I did my masters degree (in holland) in computer graphics (geometry, imaging and virtual environments). So basically this is my background.

I hope we will have a good time in this forum together.

PS: for all the game designers here I would advice you to try the following software. it is very easy to use and you can actually design a whole game (2D, isometric) in a day or two( http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/ )

salam

#2 November 9 2009

J4D

Re: salamat

you are welcome Rida :) good luck with your PHD , i will definitely try that program :)

#3 November 9 2009

mir

I am currently doing my PhD in Barcelona in computer science (computer vision and image processing specifically). I did my masters degree (in holland) in computer graphics (geometry, imaging and virtual environments)

* closes jaw and blinks *

Welcome to the forum

#4 November 9 2009

BashLogic

Mir has found a new friend :)

@Rida, welcome to the forum and dont let the pickering and debates chase you away ;)

regards
BL

#5 November 9 2009

ballouta

welcome enjoy your time around here

#6 November 9 2009

Joe

BashLogic wrote:

@Rida, welcome to the forum and dont let the pickering and debates chase you away ;)

Hey! We can act civilized. Sometimes ...

Welcome Rida.

#7 November 9 2009

Flakk

hey rida welcome to the forums.
btw gamemaker is a really good utility,i have done a few projects with no programming skills at all.

#8 November 9 2009

GN90

Hey rida welcome, and really a big thank you for that program 
Good luck with you PhD it is a very interesting topic

#9 November 9 2009

xterm

Hello and welcome.

nablaux wrote:

PS: for all the game designers here I would advice you to try the following software. it is very easy to use and you can actually design a whole game (2D, isometric) in a day or two( http://www.yoyogames.com/gamemaker/ )

Have you seen XNA Game Studio ?

#10 November 9 2009

rolf

*approved*

#11 November 10 2009

nablaux

Thank you all for your replies and welcomes.
By the way xtrem no I never used XNA Game Studio, I will take a look at it.

#12 November 10 2009

Xsever

Welcome nablaux to the forum. You better be an FC Barcelona fan !

Good luck with your PhD and enjoy the forum.

#13 November 10 2009

Ayman

Welcome rida, enjoy your stay :)

Board footer