LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 21 2009

mir

Flickr programming

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone played along with flickr programming or if heard/read anything about it

in the first place.. is there a way for developer to develop something for flickr ?

What i wanna do is quite simple... there is a photography group there, i want to be able to see the flickr images that were uploaded between two dates interval :)

and once i get started with this.. i guess adding up the rest will be easy.

So guys, any feedback about flickr and how to interface/develop something for flickr ? anyone has experience in this ?

help much appreciated 

Meghci !

#2 August 21 2009

rolf

Re: Flickr programming

#3 August 21 2009

mir

Thanks rolf 

I figured that out.. got my key... and it is doable.. read/found the thing to do it ..
http://www.flickr.com/services/api/flic … earch.html
among the optional parameters i found those in flickr.photos.search :

min_upload_date (Optional)
    Minimum upload date. Photos with an upload date greater than or equal to this value will be returned. The date should be in the form of a unix timestamp.
max_upload_date (Optional)
    Maximum upload date. Photos with an upload date less than or equal to this value will be returned. The date should be in the form of a unix timestamp.
group_id (Optional)
    The id of a group who's pool to search. If specified, only matching photos posted to the group's pool will be returned.

it seems easy... something out there must have been done  !  any good flickr plugin website anyone knows about ?
-- yeah i know i am super lazy... i just don't wanna re-invent the wheel !

thanks rolf !

Last edited by mir (August 21 2009)

#4 August 22 2009

samer
Admin

I'm using the API to pull photos for LibanPress.com – nothing fancy, but it does the job :)

Board footer