LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 2 2009

proners

where to buy an azerty keyboard in lebanon

With the release of the new version of fayerfooks and the attending my first open source meeting in lebanon, i was disgusted by the remnants of proprietary technology on my pc, so i smashed my wireless microsoft branded keyboard  (real story: i spilled coffee on it while i was studying for my finals, yeah finals :|)

Anywayz me wants an AZERTY keyboard! i can't find one... please save my life

#2 July 2 2009

battikh

Re: where to buy an azerty keyboard in lebanon

buy those stickers for keyboards for when the keys fade away, and stick them on a qwerty keyboard in an azerty order and configure the keyboard as azerty...

#3 July 2 2009

rolf

Compuworld (Sinn el Fil, Freeway center) had what you want a couple of monthes ago. I almost bought one by mistake, and the cashier told me 'thats a French keyboard'.
It was Azerty indeed, so I promptly put this alien thing back on the shelf and got something more civilized. ;)

Last edited by rolf (July 2 2009)

#4 July 2 2009

proners

well i'm using a qwerty keyboard as an azerty one, it's simple to reconfigure one... but i am missing a couple of keys, one for (<,>) signs and one for * sign it's annoying to have to use alt-61(etc) keys to reach those missing symbols :(
i hope that compuworld do still have some

Last edited by proners (July 2 2009)

#5 July 3 2009

Ayman

Just out of curiosity, why would you use an azerty keyboard? Why are you used to it? Most probably you type stuff in French :/ right? :)

#6 July 4 2009

mir

ouf battikh shu nawreh !!!  what kind of stingy person are you ?
get stickers.. reprogram the thing...blablabla... while it costs around 5 $ to get a new keyboard

proners, hope u had some luck
get one of those keyboards that u can roll and take with u ... like this when u are at keyboards in english.. u just switch to ur personalized keyboard
I can draw stuff for u on it  so it looks cool

Board footer