LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 28 2009

---()--()---

Where do you buy your PS3 games from ?

And what's the pricing system in those places ?

#2 April 28 2009

battikh

Re: Where do you buy your PS3 games from ?

prices depend on the game itself, they usually vary from 40$ to 80$ (at least in dubai). prices drop when the game becomes older. but got some games from lebanon that were banned in uae (gta and little big planet), and the prices were in the same range than dubai, so i guess the 40-80$ range applies to lebanon too.

#3 April 28 2009

---()--()---

battikh wrote:

games from lebanon that were banned in uae (gta and little big planet).

retards

#4 April 28 2009

---()--()---

battikh wrote:

prices depend on the game itself, they usually vary from 40$ to 80$ (at least in dubai). prices drop when the game becomes older. but got some games from lebanon that were banned in uae (gta and little big planet), and the prices were in the same range than dubai, so i guess the 40-80$ range applies to lebanon too.

Thanks for your input. I heard from some friends that the shops here have developed some kind of exchange systems, I would like to know more about these, if anyone has an idea.

#5 April 29 2009

xterm

A place called "Nino Stationary" in Mar Elias Beirut. He has a system in which you can buy used games for 50$ and new games for 70$. Or you can exchange your game for a USED game for 15$, or exchange your game for a NEW game for 30$.

#6 April 29 2009

crazy

I buy them from the states every now and then. Maximum cost 40$. Not a very effective solution, but quite economic :)

#7 April 29 2009

---()--()---

xterm wrote:

A place called "Nino Stationary" in Mar Elias Beirut. He has a system in which you can buy used games for 50$ and new games for 70$. Or you can exchange your game for a USED game for 15$, or exchange your game for a NEW game for 30$.

Damn. I'm doing some hunting through Amazon and Ebay, buying the games new for 30-40$ (granted, they're not new releases ... stuff like MGS4, GTA 4, and Heavenly Sword)... and some used ones for as low as 10-15$. I'll bring them along with a friend coming from abroad in two months.

All in all, 5 games games will cost me about 130$ whereas they'd have cost me at least 300$ in fucking Lebanon.

50$ for a second hand game in lebanon ... that's fucking hardcore.

#8 April 29 2009

---()--()---

crazy wrote:

I buy them from the states every now and then. Maximum cost 40$. Not a very effective solution, but quite economic :)

I'll be basically doing that too. Each 4-5 months, i'll get a bunch of games with friends/aquaintances/relatives coming from abroad.

Board footer