LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 20 2009

mir

Woopra !

Woopra is a revolutionary Web analytics tool designed from the ground up to break all the rules for website statistics and monitoring. Woopra gives you the information you need to know right now about live traffic on your site. While the visitor moves through your site, you can track their path instantly.

Split into two services, a desktop client program and a web server application, Woopra radically decreases the load on network resources, and harnesses the power of desktop processing to display graphic charts, graphics, and analysis. Woopra Plugins, which integrate Woopra’s web analytics into website and blog databases and templates, generates even more information for the webmaster or blogger about their site’s traffic and usage.

With an open API, Plugin capability, and a wide range of extensible potential, Woopra delivers the richest library of visitor statistics in the industry, and does it within an unmatched user interface designed to be aesthetically pleasing as well as highly intuitive. But Woopra is more than simply statistics.

Woopra puts faces on the numbers. Regular commenters and registered members become names rather than numbers, which allows tracking of individual behavior and site usage over time. An easy-to-use web analytics panel allows comparative segmentation by an innovative timeline, giving you information you need for the day, month, last month, last quarter, last year, and more. An innovative live chat feature allows instant communication between the web master and the site visitor, without the visitor installing anything, breaking the web barrier.

You focused well ? I can't stress enough every word but for example " live chat feature allows instant communication between the web master and the site visitor, without the visitor installing anything"

What do you guys think... how intrusive is this technology ?
Would you use this package ? do you think information about your users is really kept confidential
if this becomes standard tool... how is this gonna change the way ppl browse the web ? is it the next step interactivity or the next step annoyability ? would they out-perform google analytics ?
any other thoughts on analysis services ?
-- i installed and in beta, wating for verification in order to test and would give a personal feedback

Last edited by mir (April 20 2009)

#2 April 20 2009

BashLogic

Re: Woopra !

greetz

such user tracking has been going on since who knows when. to what i recall it has always been a basic feature to have tracking on every public major portal. if you read the agreements that you accept, you actually are giving up a lot on your privacy rights. nothing new here, as for how well kept the information is well simply it is not! any site that gets hacked is vulnerable to spit out all the data in its databases.

a decade a go when i used to work in a multiple media company, such information was vital to any sales that was being done as it was a tool of measurement and narrowing down the market target segment.

it is contradictive on how information can be used but hey as long as you walk into my house, i have every right to keep an eye on you ...

#3 April 20 2009

mir

well my experience is limited to google analytics, wordpress stats and the lunarpages stat reports

can you give me some other sample tools with this type of options

-- I am not talking in-house personal made tools .. i am talking pre-made stuff that you can use and hopefully open source / free ones

#4 April 20 2009

samer
Admin

I checked Woopra out when Elie Khoury (its founder) was testing the mac version. Personally, what kind of bothers me is the desktop client. I've always preferred web-based interfaces for such applications.

Board footer