LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 7 2009

mir

Purisa Light Font

Hello guys,

when i work under ubuntu with Gimp, there is a font called Pursia Light. i love it very much, I want it for windows

I installed the latest Gimp on a Windows machine... but the font was not installed with it and googling gave me lot of results on Prince of Persia

So I was wondering if anyone has this font or has an idea how to get the font to windows ? are fonts compatible between different OSes ?

Thanks in advance.

#2 April 7 2009

proners

Re: Purisa Light Font

The font you liked is most likely a part of a package. An ubuntu program doesn't install all the things(code) it needs but it uses existing resources(libraries) or call the package manager to install them, so GIMP uses all existing fonts under ubuntu but you don't know for sure that this font came with GIMP package, so GIMP may have ordered this package to be installed on ubntu but it's not necessary that they're going to package it in the windows installer, maybe you can request in their forums

#3 April 8 2009

mir

Re: Purisa Light Font

the windows installer of gimp didn't install the font.
I will check on the ubuntu/gimp forums and I will try to search some famous font sites

the google results are mixed a lot with the prince of persia game, so it wasn't really helpful googling even tho i tried to build my query to exclude prince and game...

will post back the feedback

Last edited by mir (April 8 2009)

Board footer