LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 9 2009

gilly

Sup

I've come across this site quite alot of times but never got to registering, anyways I took that step now...
#1. I'm Gilbert, a university student
#2. I play tons of games
#3. I would play 10 times #2 if Lebanon had better internet
#4. I know my way around C++ and some Java
#5. This site is definitely more active than any Lebanese site I've been on  Good job to the creator :)

#2 March 9 2009

mir

Re: Sup

Welcome and Enjoy !
What kind of games you play... wow ? on wich server, what con... you know give us all the gamy details
and good luck with university, hope unis and exams are not getting in the way of those gaming nights

* me thinks , cool :cool: more and more players around :)

#3 March 9 2009

gilly

Sadly, I'm not really into WoW. Though I've never tried it...
These days I play alot of Team Fortress 2 online (on Russian, Latvian and various other Eastern European servers), and so far, uni isn't being too annoying
At home, we play alot of CoD 4 on LAN, all those unlockables make it addictive

#4 March 9 2009

samer
Admin

uni isn't being too annoying

What are you majoring in? And where?

#5. This site is definitely more active than any Lebanese site I've been on Good job to the creator

Thank you :)

Enjoy your stay Gilbert :)

#5 March 9 2009

mir

from the way he numbered his list .. i am having a guess that he is majoring something that has to do with DBs or with math or economy

#6 March 9 2009

Hybrid

welcome :)

#7 March 10 2009

gilly

mir wrote:

from the way he numbered his list .. i am having a guess that he is majoring something that has to do with DBs or with math or economy

Ah you got very close with the third guess
I'm majoring in Banking and Finance right now, Lebanese American Uni. :)
Alot of people tell me I should have majored in something computer related, since thats what I spend most of my time with (work wise...ahem), but I find b&f more lucrative for a place like Lebanon.

#8 March 10 2009

xterm

gilly wrote:
mir wrote:

Ah you got very close with the third guess
I'm majoring in Banking and Finance right now, Lebanese American Uni. :)
Alot of people tell me I should have majored in something computer related, since thats what I spend most of my time with (work wise...ahem), but I find b&f more lucrative for a place like Lebanon.

Very good. You made the right choice, i would've done the same thing if i could go back 13 years.

#9 March 10 2009

mir

well you can mix business and computers with a very intresting way and it gives you quite an edge if you have skills to collect and analyze Data :)

quite useful in the business i guess and if you are familiar and good with technology it can make your life way easier

#10 March 11 2009

xterm

mir wrote:

well you can mix business and computers with a very intresting way and it gives you quite an edge if you have skills to collect and analyze Data :)

quite useful in the business i guess and if you are familiar and good with technology it can make your life way easier

i R knwo Acxel Farmyulaz!

Edit: Even though i wrote it, i dont know if i meant Access or Excel @_@

Last edited by xterm (March 11 2009)

#11 March 11 2009

gilly

That kind of enthusiasm is to be expected.
I've seen plenty of people try to learn Excel acting like they're learning quantum physics in Chinese...I do feel sorry for them but it is funny. Forget about learning databases if they can't work a simple spreadsheet.

#12 March 11 2009

karim soubra

Welcome

#13 March 11 2009

rolf

I still remember uni, in VB class, the teacher asking students to zip the project and send it to him, then he actually had to go over how to zip that thing step by step coz some student couldnt figure out how to do it...

#14 March 12 2009

proners

rolf wrote:

I still remember uni, in VB class, the teacher asking students to zip the project and send it to him, then he actually had to go over how to zip that thing step by step coz some student couldnt figure out how to do it...

joking, right ? (i know you're not )

and enjoy your stay here gilbert :)

Board footer