LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 27 2009

mir

Facebook Change of Policy.

So it seems that the nagging and the venting of facebook privacy has helped.

When you log in to FB , now you see that announcement stating the changes, yes i took the time to read, and i felt this is a good move.

did you check the new terms ? what do u think about them ? is there an "openess" spirit in here or just some shushing ?

Your thoughts on the subjects are welcomed.
and if you don't care.... you better start caring

#2 February 28 2009

rolf

Re: Facebook Change of Policy.

I didnt find it posted in my account...
But i googled for it. Keeping the rights of content without clearly and loudly warning users about that is wrong. Most users (like me) assume that facebook will never use the content we upload.
They probably will not (even if they can), because of the turmoil and bad reputation it will cause. But if facebook becomes defunct one day, nothing keeps it from doing it.

#3 February 28 2009

mir

Re: Facebook Change of Policy.

errr.. i closed the message thing
but it is more like the following
some parts i remember :

- ppl will have the right to share information in any form and with who they want (smells like other media types will be available thru fg ) and that ppl own their information and have the right to decide who can view it and such and that they aim for no difference between humans w mousewet w ossas 

the interesting part is that in the "irrevocable" and "eternal" grant for facebook was removed.
now when u sign out of facebook you withdraw the license you gave them to use ur content but that the content might be available in the backups for a reasonable time
halla2 i donno if fb sell you data. if they can withdraw that (they can just sell it to themselves under another name.. so bleh it is like no effect )

and i think users will be notified when licenses change

Edit :
Links
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=5 … topic=7960
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67758697570

Last edited by mir (February 28 2009)

Board footer