LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 10 2008

karim

For sale: Audiophile grade car sound system

Since there is no marketplace section, I figured i could post this up in the lobby.

Anyways, I have an audiophile grade SQ car sound system up for grabs if anyone is interested.

Most of you will have probably never heard of the following brands, as they stand a par above the over-marketed commercial "high quality" parts. Google them if you need more information:

-Image Dynamics IDQ12D2V2 12" subwoofer, with enclosure
-Phoenix Gold Xenon X200.4 TRUE 200W RMS x 4 channels
-CDT Audio HD-62/M6 component speakers set with silk tweeters and carbon fiber woofer and adjustable passive crossovers
-Pioneer DEH-P80RS headunit, perfect for active components setup with auto-equalizer, and auto time alignment setup (using a microphone)
-Pioneer CD-IB100II iPod adater (display and control the ipod straight from the headunit)
-All wiring required (4ga power cable, with automotive circuit breaker), 2x 2channel RCA cable (1x Monster, 1x Phoenix Gold), Phoenix Gold high quality speaker wire

Parts are as good as new (most of them look new anyways). It's basically everything you need for a perfect setup for you car. I can even help you with the installation and tuning if you need.

I also have the frame that goes on the Alfa 147 center console to adapt an aftermarket headunit to it. (i doubt it will be much use to anyone), and the ISO to Pioneer harness i made to prevent cutting the audio harness in my car.

Parts were installed in my old car, used for less than a year (10-11 month), I've got all original invoices (from the US and Dubai) proving i got all the parts brand new, and that I have about 1800$ in this setup (without shipping and customs, which was an additional 550$). Items were packed in the original boxes right after i took them off the car (about a year ago), I have been having lost thoughts concerning putting them back in my new car, but the poor acoustic properties, and the pure nature of it (it's an Lancer Evolution IX) meant i didn't want the extra weight of the system...

I'll post pictures on request. Questions and comments are welcome.

Last edited by karim (November 10 2008)

#2 November 10 2008

mir

Re: For sale: Audiophile grade car sound system

i would love to buy, but one small prob
i want the car first.. no ?

#3 November 10 2008

rolf

Sounds like i'll have to sell my car to get this soundsystem

#4 November 10 2008

karim

thanks a lot for the support guys.. :)

Btw, forgot to mention:

I'm looking to get 1350$ for the system and an extra 275$ for the head-unit/ipod adapter. I would let them both go together for 1550$ which is an amazing deal, considering what you are getting.

#5 November 11 2008

rolf

What kind of enclosure does the subwoofer sit in? Is it one of these cheap wood ones they sell in audio shops in lebanon?
My car is not worth this system :) but it's a good system i guess...

Last edited by rolf (November 11 2008)

#6 November 11 2008

karim

It's a custom made fully sealed enclosure made of 3/4" MDF wood, based on the sub's manufacturer recommended dimensions.

Could fall into the category of cheap wood ones then sell in Lebanon when it comes to appearances, but it does a great job in the quality/performance department.

Board footer