LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 12 2008

BashLogic

GeekFoo Round 1

HiHO!

I guess it would be fun to have a small competition and see who gets the GeekFoo crown in this round! ;)

every one could pitch in something about themselves or a short story to see who gets the GeekFoo Crown this month!

#2 October 13 2008

mir

Re: GeekFoo Round 1

hmmm... GeekFo Competition
What are we supposed to do in the competition? any game? challenge we should solve ?
about the Short Stories , You mean telling short stories of geeky stuff that happened with us and judgement based on that ?

personally, i think with you and Nuc around and the type of stories u might have... I will Enjoy those stories

Last edited by mir (October 13 2008)

#3 October 13 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

I'm in. What should we post?

#4 October 13 2008

battikh

i'm dating a bot, do i win?

#5 October 13 2008

BashLogic

Ok here is a my pitch for this month,

three lives and a half moon ago. back in the days when i was studying, I went on an exchange program to a foreign country. over there, i decided to send one of my teachers back at home a postcard. I wrote a small message and enclosed each line with the printout command of a different programming language, echo, print, printf, etc... I must admit, the postcard look weird to me as well so couldnt help it and i posted it.

I never got a reply to that postcard, I wonder why...

#6 October 13 2008

samer
Admin

I never got a reply to that postcard, I wonder why...

That's the guy to blame:
news_upu.jpg
(assuming 'home' means Lebanon).

#7 October 14 2008

BashLogic

err that cartoon pic doesnt state anything to me.. i guess im missing something..
and dont presume, question!

#8 October 14 2008

mir

well Bash.. meet Lipos... our local mail superhero ( it is the mascot of liban post )

So Basically, we have to tell stories of geekism that happened with us ?

#9 October 14 2008

BashLogic

more or less yes tell geeky stories!

#10 October 14 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Could you guys be a bit more specific on the story thing?

#11 October 14 2008

BashLogic

i have given an example story of a geeky thing ive done..

#12 October 18 2008

mir

ah... Well Bash... any stories on what the girlfriend had to endure  ... i bet there are some fun ones

ok... here is one to keep the post going:

I had to study for lab exams,so went to netcafe for some practical examples, studying quickly turned into solving a kind of maze game, i totally forgot about time while playing, i looked at clock .. shit exams started half an hour ago, i was at the last level where i am in 3 different places at the same time... couldn't leave before i finish tho... arrived with less than 20 mins left for the exam with the excuse (sorry there was a lot of traffic, got that look from my teacher who knew that i was living few feets away from uni, i don't recall the grade... but i remember i passed it from the jokes of my classmates )

Last edited by mir (October 18 2008)

Board footer