LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 1 2008

mir

Digital Art - Anyone ?

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if anyone is into Digital Art.

What Software/Hardware do you Use, What type of Digital Art U do ? Where/How did u study ?

any intresting experience u want to share ? like for example how do u create a character? different steps... tutorials ? and most importantly... any work u wanna show off  ?

#2 October 1 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Re: Digital Art - Anyone ?

Do YOU have anything specific on mind? I'm into sketching and comic. I'll send you a sample, I already owe you that much from before. But, what are you looking into? For comics, I use charcoal on paper, Photoshop later, use the mouse. I keep planning to switch to pens, never did though yet. I also use Comic Life software for creating the comics themselves. Would be more than happy to send you a basic instructions DVD video if you like. If you have any specific questions, let me know here so I would post info for the rest to benefit. Peace out!

#3 October 2 2008

mir

I checked plasq website for Comic Life software , the website is Quite Nice and I am lucky that there is a Windows Version... downloading now, will be checking it once work is over

Just a theorical question... isn't illustartor better and more flexible for drawing than Photoshop ?

It is something that i am just starting to get myself into... but basically drawing whatever is on my mind... creating some characters/comics, drawing objects, abstract stuff........ first i want to try whatever feels intresting.. i think i will need some time before i develop some tendencies

Hats off if u could manage with a mouse only

I have a G-Pen 340, the drawing tablet is small. but it is quite nice.. it even has pressure sensitivity
it gives u endless possibilities and flexibility and .... 
(any links on how to get the GPen to work under ubuntu.. since the corresponding CD came for windows.. i haven't bothered to google yet :$)

Really appreciate the help.. i will be sending you some more detailed questions
I think i will get started with the DVD and appreciate sending me some of ur work ( u don't really owe me anything )

Off-Topic : Nabs,Since u are so good at photoshop, can i introduce you to the girls, like this i won't have to fix pics for facebook anymore.. u will  .... But it has its Benefits for You (u will be ma3boud l jamaheerr)

Last edited by mir (October 2 2008)

#4 October 14 2008

Chris

If you're into vector art go for Illustrator, for everything else there is Photoshop (even for pixel art). However a great deal of other good apps exist like Corel Painter or CorelDRAW. Pixen is also designed for pixel art.
On the other hands a good bunch of decent alternatives exist like Inkscape, GIMP etc.

As far as drawing is concerned you need to have mastered your software and have a basic understanding of art, like photo composition, light, characters etc. You can find a lot of tutorials online, just head to deviantART and look around, great source of inspiration and knowledge.

#5 October 15 2008

mir

i have mainly been using Gimp - i got very comfy using it
done some coloring in photoshop (still it is far away from a good level)
as for illustrator... i am lookin fwd to work with some of the online tutorials

i got some tutorials from deviant art as well.. great place sure for inspiration
i watched also the tutorials provided by the TigerHeart , reading e-Comics (X-men ) and reading some general book on drawing

Giving the current rythm i working on (relatively very few time dedicated), I think it would take me a year or so untill i can somehow start being good

Last edited by mir (October 15 2008)

Board footer