LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 4 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Lebgeeks To The Rescue

Hey everyone. Hope you all read this. There's this charity organization in Achrafieh, called Mourouj Al-Mahabba, and we're trying to help them out. They're honest, sincere, and really help EVERYONE. It was pure luck that our paths crossed, and after taking the time to look at their work, we've decided those people could really use some help. They provide the poor, mostly the elderly and youngsters, with food, medical services, and social services.

Recently, they turned an old empty building into a charity center, where they built a med-office, and are planning to do more. Alas, they can't. They need support. Those people rely on donations. We are not rich, so we could only offer our services and some occasional donations.

Dear Lebanon Geeks,
          As fellow geeks, we pleed you to jump into action. Our interaction here with one another is unbelievable. It's like anyone who comes in here instantly becomes family. That is what has given us the guts to speak to you frankly, and let you in on what we're planning to do.

Mourouj Al-Mahabba right now has a goal: To provide computer literacy to the under-previliged. 0 amount of money paid, free for all who wants. That way, if someone could get a chance for prosperity, it would be great. The thing is, the organization itself cannot provide computers for its own members. They're currently in need of 3 computers for their members offices, and around 15 computers for the PC-Room where teaching will take place. Now people, we are NOT asking you to pay for those computers. However, we've done this before and we know not all but some of you can do this too. Whatever spare parts you can giveaway, PLEASE DO. We'll sum them up, see what they build up to and put them to use. Too long of a post, I know. It's crucial. Anyone who would help in today's crap of a world, would be nice. Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thanks for reading. Yours truely, The Tigerhearts.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (September 4 2008)

#2 September 4 2008

samer
Admin

Re: Lebgeeks To The Rescue

We can, as Lebgeekers provide you guys with some enthusiastic teachers and perhaps some parts you could use.

#3 September 4 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Well, for the teaching part, Tigerheart members will be handling enough. We'd appreciate you guys donating parts though. Also, we don't want the parts to be sent to us, but rather straight to the organization itself. They're located in Achrafieh, near Photo Gaby in Karm El-Zaitoon. Thanks for your reply, Samer. We applaud your high spirit, as this post has been viewd 25 times, but only you had the decency to reply. It's like pretending they never came here so there won't be any blames for not interacting with this.

Last edited by Tigerheart.Hackers (September 4 2008)

#4 September 5 2008

mir

personally i was waiting for other ppl reactions and it takes time to check things before replying for the ppl who are doers more than talkers

i told my bro to collect some Computer parts and  spread the word around frnds
and talked to some ppl who hopefully can provide a "good" quantity of hardware
I still have to follow up with them today

i think the tricky part is to get the correct parts together and that needs great co-ordination and planning

personally, from experience i trust the tigerhearts and it is not a matter to whom the hardware is delivered

keep up the good work for the community

Last edited by mir (September 5 2008)

#5 September 8 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Come on people, we know you're reading. There's no shame in the game. What is stopping you from jumping into action?

#6 September 9 2008

mir

I will be going to the karm l zaytoun today to drop some stuff

too bad the plan i had in mind didn't work
it is harder than i thought it would be

what about the total progress.. how many computers assembled so far?

Board footer