LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 1 2008

mir

Bank Account

Hello Guys,

now that i have become a grown up, i decided to open a bank account :yay

i want something that gives as much facilities for online payements, web transactions and such

anything i should ask for in detail ?

what do you guys use ? what fees do u pay

i am totally out of the banking field

so it would be nice to point out wich banks have nice geeky offers

best regards
thanks in advance

#2 September 1 2008

battikh

Re: Bank Account

i hate banks :@ they close so early :@ enno i don't understand, banks are used by people who work and have jobs, how is someone with a job supposed to be able to go to a bank between 8am and 2pm!!!!

anyways, i used to have an account in SGBL, they have decent online banking and you can have a prepaid card for internet shopping. you basically transfer as much money as you want from your main account to your internet account (threw the online banking thinggie), which is more secure than using your actual card. you just transfer as much money as you need for a specific transaction, so if your details are stolen it's not a big deal.

for other banks, i think bank audi has good services and good offers.

and look into how much they give interest on the lebanese pounds, it's usually around 10% i think, while it's much less if you open your account 3al dollar.

#3 September 2 2008

WizaRd

correction: 8:30am - 2:00pm

i insist on the 8:30 because i went once at 8:00 thinking id get early and make it to my work but bakha3ouna

what watermelon said about SGBL is true and comes in handy especially the credit card thing. I am using their online banking but there are some downsides: Most of the nights (10pm-8am) their service is unavailable.. the information on the interface is sometimes lacking behind.. ya3neh i take money from an ATM and it takes 1-2 days to show up on the internet that money has been withdrawn..

#4 September 2 2008

mir

SGBL if this happens.. can't u then do a transaction online with a bigger value than the actual value in your account
SGBL had another synchronization Issue as well.. but i am not sure it still exists, so i will try make sure about it first if it still exists

Considering that the web is the alternative used instead of physically going, the lebanese bank website do really SUCK and considering the very good amount of money they make

I looked on the web
Credit Libanais website seems the nicest one and they have some intresting services so far.
and Lebanese Canadian as well... i am checking on the other websites

Board footer