LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 September 28 2022

Space

Re: Feedback for TH Global Vision (THGV)

GeorgeN wrote:

Just an update on THGV: The internet is amazing all the time until the clock hits 9 pm, that is when they cut off the internet to 100 - 200kbps, absolutely unusable. During this time, they only allow traffic to websites like youtube, instagram, google, and facebook. Any other traffic is blocked completely from using download and you can only get like 10KB/s. Due to this I will be switching ISPs - Leaving this feedback here to warn others.

Can confirm, its really frustrating even though enabling a vpn most of the time fixes the issue (protonvpn) but still, its really unacceptable because obviously you can't play online games using a vpn (high ping).

What's funnier is that I've actually got my vpn on right now.

#77 October 3 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Just an update on THGV: The internet is amazing all the time until the clock hits 9 pm, that is when they cut off the internet to 100 - 200kbps, absolutely unusable. During this time, they only allow traffic to websites like youtube, instagram, google, and facebook. Any other traffic is blocked completely from using download and you can only get like 10KB/s. Due to this I will be switching ISPs - Leaving this feedback here to warn others.

Can confirm, its really frustrating even though enabling a vpn most of the time fixes the issue (protonvpn) but still, its really unacceptable because obviously you can't play online games using a vpn (high ping).

Hasn't happened for the past 2-3 days, has been acceptable at 9  pm (it slows down to 1.5 - 2mbit which is much better than what it was).

Still unusable for you? Haha.

#78 October 3 2022

Space

GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Hasn't happened for the past 2-3 days, has been acceptable at 9  pm (it slows down to 1.5 - 2mbit which is much better than what it was).

Nah, this has been the case since 2021. I commented on December 15 asking if anyone is experiencing this issue... Yesterday the speed wouldn't exceed 2mbps even with VPN. https://ibb.co/ZLNQBFr

Also, do you've some shady stuff going on from time to time? Like having unlimited night disabled? Thats like the 3rd time I've spoken with them to enable it again, I feel they're doing it on purpose because perhaps I use it a lot? Also, gaming mode gets disabled like every 1-2 month but it seems that the ping is the same whether it is on or off.

Last edited by Space (October 4 2022)

#79 October 3 2022

nuclearcat

There is updates planned (hopefully this week) on bandwidth policy to improve this issue. I will post update if it will happen.

#80 October 3 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:

Nah, this has been the case since 2021. I made a post on December 15 asking if anyone is experiencing this issue... Yesterday the speed wouldn't exceed 2mbps even with vpn. https://ibb.co/ZLNQBFr

Also, do you've some shady stuff going on from time to time? Like having unlimited night disabled? Thats like the 3rd time I've spoken with them to enable it again, I feel they're doing it on purpose because perhaps I use it a lot? Also, gaming mode gets disabled like every 1-2 month but it seems that the ping is the same whether it is on or off.

Yeah it's weird how they operate, and it's VERY obvious that they do something at exactly 9 pm because the internet goes from perfect to unusable 200kbit/sec. The ping is the same whether you're on gaming mode or not, i've been having amazing 60ms to europe lately. I can't say about the unlimited night traffic because i'm on a limited fixed speed plan and don't download much (7mbit, 800GB). I hardly use 200GB in a month. 1-2 days ago I sent them the ISP swap email for a clearance letter and since I sent the mail they ignored it and stopped throttling down the internet at 9 pm (for the last 2 days). So it seems like they do it to everyone and temporarily speed things up for those who point it out and complain and want to swap ISP.

#81 October 3 2022

nuclearcat

GeorgeN wrote:

So it seems like they do it to everyone and temporarily speed things up for those who point it out and complain and want to swap ISP.

They dont have such capability in billing.
But they might upgrade bandwidth plan (unlikely).
What is happening lately:
1)ISP hitting CDN backbone limit, CDN automatically shutdown due latency, things get even worse.
2)There is bandwidth limits enabled approx 5 and 6pm, speed is reduced comparing with day time.
3)If backbone utilization becoming high, top downloading users (24h span) get throttled.

There was bandwidth limits adjustments for last several days to improve situation. It is still ongoing.

#82 October 3 2022

nuclearcat

And, THGV down... Ogero Mazraa centrale is down.

#83 October 4 2022

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

Yeah I was out for the whole night yesterday (it came back today morning). The throttling policies are better in the last 2 days, instead of download becoming 200kbps it's remaining in the 1.5mbps range even at night which is useable, but the issue is that even now in the morning (10 am - 12pm) i'm getting 3-4 mbps which is very poor. I've already ISP swapped to cyberia.

Thanks for always keeping us updated nuclearcat, you're a gem on this forum.

#84 October 4 2022

Space

GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Yeah I was out for the whole night yesterday (it came back today morning). The throttling policies are better in the last 2 days, instead of download becoming 200kbps it's remaining in the 1.5mbps range even at night which is useable, but the issue is that even now in the morning (10 am - 12pm) i'm getting 3-4 mbps which is very poor. I've already ISP swapped to cyberia.

Thanks for always keeping us updated nuclearcat, you're a gem on this forum.

Same, it came back at around 9-10 am. When you switch to Cyberia can you share your experience? And how much does the whole process cost?

#85 October 4 2022

Space

nuclearcat wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

So it seems like they do it to everyone and temporarily speed things up for those who point it out and complain and want to swap ISP.

1)ISP hitting CDN backbone limit, CDN automatically shutdown due latency, things get even worse.
2)There is bandwidth limits enabled approx 5 and 6pm, speed is reduced comparing with day time.
3)If backbone utilization becoming high, top downloading users (24h span) get throttled.

There was bandwidth limits adjustments for last several days to improve situation. It is still ongoing.

Hopefully, they'll fix it.

#86 October 16 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

THGV has got to be the worst ISP in the country atm. I need to wait a whole month to ISP swap and it's killing me. It has been completely unusable today, works for 10 seconds, cuts for 5 seconds, works for 10 seconds, cuts for 5 seconds. I don't know what they're doing.

#87 October 17 2022

nuclearcat

If you want ping me in telegram @nuclearcatlb tomorrow, i will try to find reason. Even leaving, it should not be like that and better to find a problem.
Just for start, try to run several at same time:
ping 192.168.99.1 -t
ping 10.0.25.10 -t
ping 8.8.8.8 -t
And check if any of them getting ping timeouts during those cuts.
And what exactly cuts btw?

Last edited by nuclearcat (October 17 2022)

#88 October 17 2022

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

If you want ping me in telegram @nuclearcatlb tomorrow, i will try to find reason. Even leaving, it should not be like that and better to find a problem.
Just for start, try to run several at same time:
ping 192.168.99.1 -t
ping 10.0.25.10 -t
ping 8.8.8.8 -t
And check if any of them getting ping timeouts during those cuts.
And what exactly cuts btw?

Hi nuclearcat,

thanks for your support as always.

It seems it's just constant timeouts from DNS related issues. I already tried to change dns to Open DNS, google DNS, or using THGV default DNS (10.0.25.10). All are causing the same problem:
first
second
third
fourth

#89 October 17 2022

GeorgeN

GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

THGV has got to be the worst ISP in the country atm. I need to wait a whole month to ISP swap and it's killing me. It has been completely unusable today, works for 10 seconds, cuts for 5 seconds, works for 10 seconds, cuts for 5 seconds. I don't know what they're doing.

Just an update on this, seems the issue was my fault (1 torrent file was uploading in the background). Which is very weird that 1 torrent uploading would cause all these DNS timeouts. Anyway I stopped the upload and everything is working fine now. It's not a THGV issue. Thank you for your help nuclearcat!

#90 October 17 2022

nuclearcat

Tiny DSL upload bandwidth + badly implemented queueing in DSL doesnt really go well with things like torrents :(

#91 October 17 2022

DNA

nuclearcat wrote:

Tiny DSL upload bandwidth + badly implemented queueing in DSL doesnt really go well with things like torrents :(

Why won't Ogero or private DSPs just enable Annex M on ADSL2+, it is supported natively on most hardware on both ends. I would gladly sacrifice a bit from my high frequency download channels for extra upload if I am close to the DSLAM.

#92 October 18 2022

agdroubi

DNA wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Why won't Ogero or private DSPs just enable Annex M on ADSL2+, it is supported natively on most hardware on both ends. I would gladly sacrifice a bit from my high frequency download channels for extra upload if I am close to the DSLAM.

When I was subscribed with IDM, they used to enable Annex M after sending them an email.

#93 October 19 2022

DNA

agdroubi wrote:
DNA wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

When I was subscribed with IDM, they used to enable Annex M after sending them an email.

When i told ogero about it they had no idea what i was talking about, they kept insisting adsl2+ is capped at 1Mbps upload so i gave up.

#94 October 20 2022

agdroubi

DNA wrote:
agdroubi wrote:
DNA wrote:

When i told ogero about it they had no idea what i was talking about, they kept insisting adsl2+ is capped at 1Mbps upload so i gave up.

I think only IDM or maybe also Cyberia are enabling it.

#95 October 25 2022

GeorgeN

Some more feedback about THGV: Very unprofessional. I sent them an email 1 month ago requesting a clearance letter for ISP swap. No reply. I called them about this and they said to wait until the end of the month. I called again yesterday, the guy said he would send me the clearance letter right away. He didn't do anything. I called again today, a girl answered and said she can't give me a clearance letter unless I give back the ADSL modem (I have been with them for like 2 years), and wanted me to go to their location and deliver it myself. I told her that I spoke to another person yesterday, said she had no idea. I hope they will actually give me my clearance letter after this haha

#96 October 31 2022

maro25

I can confirm the bad FUP of TH Global Vision! It is now not only happening at night, but also sometimes happening during the day! The internet connection to some sites (most sites?) just stops working. Really Global? FUP to apple.com so one cant even download/update an app from the appstore?
In addition to this, there are a lot of downtime and the connection is becoming useless. Will change ISP soon

#97 October 31 2022

GeorgeN

maro25 wrote:

I can confirm the bad FUP of TH Global Vision! It is now not only happening at night, but also sometimes happening during the day! The internet connection to some sites (most sites?) just stops working. Really Global? FUP to apple.com so one cant even download/update an app from the appstore?
In addition to this, there are a lot of downtime and the connection is becoming useless. Will change ISP soon

Haha better apply quickly because you need to wait 1 month either way, and you need to give back the modem they provided.

#98 October 31 2022

maro25

I'm actually on cable via a provider that uses THGV. I'm not on DSL so I believe its fairly simple to switch once I find a better alternative :(

#99 October 31 2022

GeorgeN

maro25 wrote:

I'm actually on cable via a provider that uses THGV. I'm not on DSL so I believe its fairly simple to switch once I find a better alternative :(

I believe that is the reseller's fault. THGV's connection is not that bad at the moment. You get FUP'd if you download too much, and whether you download anything or not at night they cut your download speed by 50% flat in all cases. But that's it.

#100 October 31 2022

maro25

GeorgeN wrote:
maro25 wrote:

I believe that is the reseller's fault. THGV's connection is not that bad at the moment. You get FUP'd if you download too much, and whether you download anything or not at night they cut your download speed by 50% flat in all cases. But that's it.

mmm what made this think it is THGV fault is that I know someone else who is also on THGV but through a different provider who is experiencing similar issues! And also when I speak to my provider, he blames THGV. So im lost at this point!

Board footer