LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4101 May 22 2022

NuclearVision

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Seems very reasonable to be honest, much more reasonable than the greedy bastards at alfa and mtc which are looking to bite the same chunk of profit from every citizen as in the 1500 era (which was stupidly expensive by the way). I understand they need to increase, but within reason.
It seems like they’re looking for new sources to finance their private jets

#4102 May 22 2022

scorz

HzSamer wrote:
M03 wrote:

Does anyone have inside information about Ogero's new plan pricings?

We will know in a few days but here is an idea of how they will be. Ogero confirmed the 6Mbps unlimited speed.

https://i.ibb.co/nn9vhmv/FTTg4jo-XEAAE0g-C.jpg https://i.ibb.co/GtTQwXk/ogero-1.png

50mbps unlimited? is that for real?

#4103 May 22 2022

M03

HzSamer wrote:

We will know in a few days but here is an idea of how they will be. Ogero confirmed the 6Mbps unlimited speed.

Thank you! looks reasonable.

I am very excited about the higher speed plans

#4104 May 22 2022

M03

scorz wrote:

Yes, IF your copper cable could handle this throughput.
I looked carefully at the pricelist and it seems like Ogero would offer fiber in some cases if the user/client wants to subscribe to one of the first two plans while their line cable is poor in quality.

We'll hear more news, feedback and updates in the next few days.

#4105 May 23 2022

Moudimadi

HzSamer wrote:
M03 wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/nn9vhmv/FTTg4jo-XEAAE0g-C.jpg https://i.ibb.co/GtTQwXk/ogero-1.png

Hello Samer, they said they will give us more quota when they release the new plans. I have the 200 gb i pay 70,000 L.L per month. So will i have the same quota 200 gb for 180,000 L.L? Or they will increase the quota too? Thank you

#4106 June 11 2022

Doom

scorz wrote:
HzSamer wrote:
M03 wrote:

But I believe, for the first time, Ogero will be implementing an FUP as stated in their website: " Unlimited plans are subject to fair usage policy.". I've contacted them through twitter last week about it and they told me they haven't decided yet how it will be but they said that they will make it "as fair as possible".

#4107 June 25 2022

user

The internet improved starting of July, not sure if anyone else has a similar experience. Bandwidth is more predictable.

Last edited by user (July 11 2022)

#4108 July 11 2022

RH-ExtremeG

So we’re reaching half of this month and still Ogero did not announce their new fair usage policy… I hope it is “ fair “ as they are stating. What’s a possible quota per day for an 8 mbps unlimited package?

#4109 July 12 2022

yasamoka

RH-ExtremeG wrote:

So we’re reaching half of this month and still Ogero did not announce their new fair usage policy… I hope it is “ fair “ as they are stating. What’s a possible quota per day for an 8 mbps unlimited package?

Ogero's fair usage policy is going to be monthly, not daily.

#4110 July 21 2022

hadim

Hey everyone,

So as you know recently Ogero and everyone else increased the prices of their bundles, but also added new bundles. I messaged them and request to be switched to the new Open Speed, Unlimited Internet plan (Was previously on the Open Speed, 200 GB Plan).

Here's what happened once I was switched over 3 days ago, I was immediately throttled to 4Mb download, and I had many issues browsing the internet, Twitch, Reddit, and League of legends would take multiple tries/attempts before they opened/launched.

I contacted them as I had only used 160 GB at the time so surely it was a mistake, they fixed the issue yesterday, but while I got my old speed back, the browsing/internet issues persisted. They claimed it was a Copper Cable/Fast path issue, I of course told them and showed them some tests I made that it can't be. I also discovered that I face none of these issues while on VPN, they are going to look into it, and hopefully they'll fix whatever they changed.

Has anyone faced these issues, or have any recommendations besides having to wait for Ogero?

#4111 July 22 2022

yourlocalfbiagent

i used to have the "unlimited OS" from IDM and it was crap. The most expensive option(which is the one i had) throttled you at around 8 to 12gb per day.

#4112 August 15 2022

skippy

hadim wrote:

Hey everyone,

So as you know recently Ogero and everyone else increased the prices of their bundles, but also added new bundles. I messaged them and request to be switched to the new Open Speed, Unlimited Internet plan (Was previously on the Open Speed, 200 GB Plan).

Here's what happened once I was switched over 3 days ago, I was immediately throttled to 4Mb download, and I had many issues browsing the internet, Twitch, Reddit, and League of legends would take multiple tries/attempts before they opened/launched.

I contacted them as I had only used 160 GB at the time so surely it was a mistake, they fixed the issue yesterday, but while I got my old speed back, the browsing/internet issues persisted. They claimed it was a Copper Cable/Fast path issue, I of course told them and showed them some tests I made that it can't be. I also discovered that I face none of these issues while on VPN, they are going to look into it, and hopefully they'll fix whatever they changed.

Has anyone faced these issues, or have any recommendations besides having to wait for Ogero?

I upgraded my internet bundle from 160GB OS to Unlimited OS as well this month, which should take effect at the beginning of next month. I hope not, they do say that unlimited bundles are subject to fair usage policy however I couldn't find that policy anywhere. Will keep y'all updated, my current speed on ADSL2+ is approx. 23 Mbps Downstream and 1 Mbps Upstream, also requested the switch to VDSL so we'll see how that plays too :S

#4113 August 18 2022

bigricenergy

I upgraded last this month to Unlimited OS with VDSL, everything is great however still waiting for the VDSL switch, it has been more than 2 weeks. How long does it usually take?

#4114 August 28 2022

trent

Did any Ogero fiber customers have their speed downgraded when the new prices were implemented?
I was and still on the 300GB plan, my speed went down from ~200/100mbps to ~50/25mbps.
I'm connected to Hamra c/o, but a relative of mine on the same 300GB plan connected to Minet El-Hosn c/o didn't get downgraded.
The 300GB plan is now listed under the up to 50mbps section, but it seems Ogero picks and chooses who to apply the downgrade to.
Other private ISPs are still advertising all fiber plans as up to 300mbps.

My speedtest in June:
8466500572.png

My speedtest now:
13600160875.png

Last edited by trent (August 28 2022)

#4115 August 29 2022

ramy58

I'm on the 500 GB plan, which is listed under "up to 300mbps". I used to have a download speed of approximately 9 MB/s, it's now max 2 MB/s. I'm gonna try giving them a call.

#4116 August 31 2022

dio

Anyone in Hamra experiencing outtage?

#4117 August 31 2022

trent

dio wrote:

Hamra, no fiber no landline since around 2am. Fiber is completely down, no signal. I guess DSL is down as well since landlines aren't working.

#4118 August 31 2022

dio

trent wrote:
dio wrote:

Hamra, no fiber no landline since around 2am. Fiber is completely down, no signal. I guess DSL is down as well since landlines aren't working.

Yeah, im on Fiber and Ive had no connection since the early morning. My LOS is red.

#4119 August 31 2022

jsaade

Ogero employees are on strike. That would explain stuff not getting fixed
https://twitter.com/OgeroTelecom/status … 6586510341

#4120 August 31 2022

dio

It's back for me. Not sure how or why.

#4121 August 31 2022

trent

Thanks for the heads-up, I had given up and switched off my ONT.
But landline is still down, so DSL might still be down.
This relevant for Hamra CO only.

#4122 August 31 2022

sayedti

well i contacted support more than a 1000 time and they checked my cables for like 100 time.
during they day internet connection is down , after 5pm-6pm it goes back again till 7 am in the morning.
all my neighbors that have ogero dsl subscription have normal connection 24/7 .

#4123 September 1 2022

dio

sayedti wrote:

well i contacted support more than a 1000 time and they checked my cables for like 100 time.
during they day internet connection is down , after 5pm-6pm it goes back again till 7 am in the morning.
all my neighbors that have ogero dsl subscription have normal connection 24/7 .

I have Fiber, and so far the connection disappears early morning till about 7 pm. I dont understand if theyre trying to make a point. Is there power to the Centrale or not? Are they rationing the fuel at night? We have no clarity on what's going on. I feel bad for Ogero employees but there are thousands of people that rely on the connection for work (like me) and I'm forced to use 4G data and spend even more on a connection to get my work done. It's a shit situation for sure. Hope things get better soon.

#4124 September 1 2022

trent

I don't feel bad for Orgero workers at all. They are just as corrupt as our politicians.

A sample of Ogero's corrupt lying scum employees:
Sample 1- Technician comes to connect new phone line. He claims he cannot because line is not labeled at box and it's not his job to identify which line is mine. I pay him a "tip", 5 minutes later my line is identified and connected, and he gives me his number in case I have "any other issues". 2 days later phone service is still not working, I call him up, he claims they must not have connected the line at the CO. But he comes over again "to make sure the line is connected correctly on my end" before going to CO, he gets paid another "tip", he then goes to the CO to sort the problem out, and voila the phone starts working after 2 "tips" i.e. bribes.
Sample 2- (different location than #1). I call Ogero's 1515 because of noise on the line that's deteriorating DSL connection quality. Customer support says they cannot do anything because location has no Ogero phone box (which is true). I call the Ogero technician responsible for the area, he comes over and fixes it same day and gets paid for his services since he didn't come as an Ogero technician.
Sample 3- I go to customer service office to disconnect service at one location and apply for new location. It takes 1 hour to apply for new service even though I am the only customer because Ogero employees are lazy bums who spend half their time chatting with each other and checking if their salaries have been deposited in their banks. At the end I am told I have to come on a different day to cancel/disconnect service because cashier office employee is absent and only comes 2 days a week.

We are all living under the same tough conditions. But the scumbags at Ogero are taking Lebanese businesses and home customers hostage for political reasons. We had previous Ogero strikes, but service never stopped all over the country. Yet this time after 24hrs magically all major COs have maintenance issues! Because they supposedly stored enough fuel for days in anticipation for a long strike.

How was service in Hamra restored yesterday evening, and went out again today morning if no Ogero employees are doing any maintenance, or refueling generators?

#4125 September 2 2022

nuclearcat

Don't generalize. There is Ogero employees who are keeping country alive for pennies, i know some of such.
And sure there is corrupt ones, like those you listed, they are dragging whole Ogero down and there is not much others and management can do, as labor law in Lebanon is not healthy at all towards government employees.

Another thing, Ogero is critical public utility + monopoly. At one side working in such government enterprise has very big benefits for employee, but some days like now - it comes as big disadvantage.
Because in many countries, critical public utility(telecom, fire department, government medical workers, police) + govt monopolies by laws are not allowed to strike and disrupt services, this is criminal act.They can submit resignation letter only.

Board footer