LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 July 10 2021

NuclearVision

Re: Lebanese Banks Capital Control

good read, but is law relevant in lebanon at this point? Everyone is pulling the blanket towards them and the lebanese is left to suffer.
No one is being prosecuted nor held accountable for anything, wether financial or criminal in nature.
Where does the court stand relative to all this bullshit?
We all know the answers.
Capital control? I don't see why they would implement it if they're happy with the current chaos. They're all one party, in my opinion

#127 July 26 2021

tricky

Bank of Beirut contacted me and told me I should go to the branch and sign BDL circular 158, I told them I don't want to benefit and they told me there are "other" papers am required to sign. Anybody had a similar experience and knows what those "other" papers are?

Last edited by tricky (July 26 2021)

#128 July 26 2021

Hybrid

tricky wrote:

Bank of Beirut contacted me and told me I should go to the branch and sign BDL circular 158, I told them I don't want to benefit and they told me there are "other" papers am required to sign. Anybody had a similar experience and knows what those "other" papers are?

Some banks are asking you to sign this:
b.jpg

Basically telling their  clients that they aren't responsible in case they stopped paying you

Last edited by Hybrid (July 26 2021)

#129 July 27 2021

tricky

Hybrid wrote:
tricky wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/yd0GQDX/b.jpg

Basically telling their  clients that they aren't responsible in case they stopped paying you

Thank you for that, but am guessing that is related to the 158, that they are not responsible if they stop paying you, but what if you dont want to sign in for the 158.

#130 July 28 2021

xazbrat

tricky wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
tricky wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/yd0GQDX/b.jpg

Thank you for that, but am guessing that is related to the 158, that they are not responsible if they stop paying you, but what if you dont want to sign in for the 158.

Tell them you have been advised not to sign anything yet.  Banks are trying to get everyone to sign it to limit their exposure and get the 'dead money' off of their books.  My brother received something from Blom asking him to sign something---he is in Canada though so that's not going to happen.

#131 July 28 2021

tricky

@xazbrat thanks for the advise!

#132 January 15 2022

Tech Guru

Smart Haircut:

The corrupted system from 1990 until now is the cause of impoverishment and starvation through looting and thefts. BDL is the engineer of this and now it's working as a hero to curb the collapse of the lira.. through collusion with banks.

1- Stealing depositors’ dollars and seizing them on the basis of an exchange rate of 1500

2- Print the lira in density

3- Re-give people the depositors dollars on the basis of the exchange rate of exchange rate of 24,000 , as per "Sayrafa".

... Repeat

#133 January 15 2022

NuclearVision

Tech Guru wrote:

Smart Haircut:

The corrupted system from 1990 until now is the cause of impoverishment and starvation through looting and thefts. BDL is the engineer of this and now it's working as a hero to curb the collapse of the lira.. through collusion with banks.

1- Stealing depositors’ dollars and seizing them on the basis of an exchange rate of 1500

3- Re-give people the depositors dollars on the basis of the exchange rate of exchange rate of 24,000 , as per "Sayrafa".

... Repeat

What happens next, when the debt is paid ?

#134 January 15 2022

mikasa

NuclearVision wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Smart Haircut:

... Repeat

What happens next, when the debt is paid ?

Lebanese golden age

#135 January 15 2022

tricky

anybody know which countries accept LBP and would the rate of conversion be at 1,500 per dollar or it would be the Sayrafa one?

#136 January 15 2022

nuclearcat

tricky wrote:

anybody know which countries accept LBP and would the rate of conversion be at 1,500 per dollar or it would be the Sayrafa one?

None. LBP is not convertible currency.

#137 August 16 2023

VipModz

If tomorrow the parliament was able to pass the Capital Control law, will that affect BDL 158 and online transactions?

EDIT: 48 out of 128 MP will boycott tmw session

Last edited by VipModz (August 16 2023)

Board footer