LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#326 August 21 2021

anyaddress2014

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

hi geeks,this my first post ,i applied to via-card from areeba (via-card.com),i think its a good solution for paying online,Monday i will receive the card,i will post my feedback later

#327 September 16 2021

xemina

anyone knows if lebanese usd cards are blocked on google play store, started getting an error first of septemper.

#328 September 16 2021

ramy58

xemina wrote:

anyone knows if lebanese usd cards are blocked on google play store, started getting an error first of septemper.

Basically if you have a USD card, and you try to make a transaction in LBP, it'll be blocked (they used to be converted to dollars, so if an app costs 3000L.L. you pay 2 dollars). This is what the Bank Audi customer service person told me anyway. I think if you try to change the region to something else, like Europe or USA, it'll work (but I haven't tried yet personally).

Last edited by ramy58 (September 16 2021)

#329 September 17 2021

xemina

How to change the region of the store while the card is originally lebanese, would the payment even go through considering it wont match?

#330 September 27 2021

xazbrat

ramy58 wrote:
xemina wrote:

Basically if you have a USD card, and you try to make a transaction in LBP, it'll be blocked (they used to be converted to dollars, so if an app costs 3000L.L. you pay 2 dollars). This is what the Bank Audi customer service person told me anyway. I think if you try to change the region to something else, like Europe or USA, it'll work (but I haven't tried yet personally).

I can report the same.  I tried renewing something on the app store, and couldn't do it as it was denominated in LL, however my Netflix and Spotify which are paid in USD went through.  My card is from Blom, so I am guessing they are all doing it.

#331 September 28 2021

xemina

Yea same goes for me im using the dual currency OMT card issued from BLOM bank and it stopped working on google app store sadly. the question is do you have any idea when are they gonna approve of it again? or any idea how to top up on  google play store?

#332 September 30 2021

xazbrat

Google play store is now denominated in $$$s now.  Hopefully that takes care of the issues we have been having.  I was able to make a purchase on it with no problem.  I guess word leaked out to Google.

#333 October 2 2021

roy

Renewed my Google One subscription today because I finally got $2 as fee instead of 2,990 LBP, and the payment went through.

#334 October 7 2021

infiniteloop

Anyone tried to reserve an hotel saying "no prepayment needed" on booking.com using a Lebanese prepaid card?
I have BoB skip for 10$ month, I wonder if it will work and then pay cash at the hotel

#335 October 27 2021

infiniteloop

Someone told me OMT has a prepaid international Internet card that has no limit on the internet or abroad when travelling, no fresh account in bank needed, is that true?

#336 October 27 2021

kareem_nasser

infiniteloop wrote:

Someone told me OMT has a prepaid international Internet card that has no limit on the internet or abroad when travelling, no fresh account in bank needed, is that true?

I think you are talking about this

#337 October 28 2021

Hybrid

kareem_nasser wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Any idea how much it costs? Or is it for free?

#338 October 28 2021

BahaaAY

Hybrid wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Any idea how much it costs? Or is it for free?

15$ Annual Fee
1$ When you refill it

#339 February 1 2022

VipModz

As of February 1, 2022
Sayrafa rate will be used for all Fresh and all international cards payments including POS, E-Commerce and ATM withdrawals.

https://www.bdl.gov.lb/news/more/8/447/21

#340 February 1 2022

zizo99

VipModz wrote:

As of February 1, 2022
Sayrafa rate will be used for all Fresh and all international cards payments including POS, E-Commerce and ATM withdrawals.

Hmm interesting. However, I think the black market rate is lower.

But I really have this question in my mind, if BDL can monitor and control the black market dollar. Why couldn't do it when it was around 8000LL for example?

#341 February 2 2022

Mayyad

VipModz wrote:

As of February 1, 2022

So if I have fresh account I am obligated to ATM withdraw it in Lebanese Lira at sayrafa rate?

Edit:

Same Announcement in Arabic:

بلغ حجم التداول على منصة "Sayrafa" لهذا اليوم /32,000,000/$ إثنان وثلاثون مليون دولار أميركي بمعدل 21200 ليرة لبنانية للدولار الواحد وفقاً لأسعار صرف العمليات التي نُفذت من قبل المصارف ومؤسسات الصرافة على المنصة.

على المصارف ومؤسسات الصرافة الإستمرار بتسجيل كافة عمليات البيع والشراء على منصة  "Sayrafa" وفقاً للتعاميم الصادرة بهذا الخصوص.

بيروت في 1 شباط 2022

وحدة الاعلام والعلاقات العامة

https://www.bdl.gov.lb/news/more/8/446/21

Last edited by Mayyad (February 2 2022)

#342 April 18 2022

NofaceNoshape

nevermind

Last edited by NofaceNoshape (July 5 2022)

#343 August 28 2022

VipModz

Deleted

Last edited by VipModz (June 11 2023)

Board footer