LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#4026 February 18 2021

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

As far as i know Ogero is least affected. Small ISPs were down for 8 hours totally, they cut them off. Big was throttled, after small ISPs was turned on - they throttled big ones even more.
Ogero users as i suspect speed is not reduced fairly, they experience random speed drops due backbone overload only, but there is no limits as on private ISPs.
And this is what i am investigating, if Ogero reduced speed on everybody proportionally or not...

Probably not, but I can confirm yesterday was absolutely horrible for THGlobalVision. Download speed was fluctuating between 150kbps and 1mbps(max). even as late as 1 am, with bad packet loss.

Better than small ISPs. Ogero cut them off totally for 8 hours.
Imagine that, no internet - because you are small ISP in rural area...

Online

#4027 February 18 2021

GeorgeN
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

nuclearcat wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

As far as i know Ogero is least affected. Small ISPs were down for 8 hours totally, they cut them off. Big was throttled, after small ISPs was turned on - they throttled big ones even more.
Ogero users as i suspect speed is not reduced fairly, they experience random speed drops due backbone overload only, but there is no limits as on private ISPs.
And this is what i am investigating, if Ogero reduced speed on everybody proportionally or not...

Probably not, but I can confirm yesterday was absolutely horrible for THGlobalVision. Download speed was fluctuating between 150kbps and 1mbps(max). even as late as 1 am, with bad packet loss.

Better than small ISPs. Ogero cut them off totally for 8 hours.
Imagine that, no internet - because you are small ISP in rural area...

Yes I know haha, I am actually very happy with THGlobalVision service compared to my past experience with sodetel and cyberia, the pings are stable most of the time even at night and peak times.

Offline

#4028 February 18 2021

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone with Ogero still experiencing slow download speeds (fluctuating between 50% and 100% of DSL connection speed) ?

Offline

#4029 February 19 2021

HzSamer
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero still experiencing slow download speeds (fluctuating between 50% and 100% of DSL connection speed) ?

All is good here. I am getting a steady 3Mb/s as my line speed is 25Mbps.

Offline

#4030 March 4 2021

leblinux
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Might be a Good news for the people living in the area:

حرصاً منا على صيانة الشبكة وتحسين خدمة الإنترنت في مركز خلدة وذلك يوم السبت ٦/٣/٢٠٢١.
سوف يتم قطع خطوط بعض المشتركين في منطقة دوحة عرمون و القبة.
ستعمل فرقنا الفنية على إعادة الخدمة تدريجياً بعد ظهر اليوم نفسه. شكرًا لتفهمكم.

Offline

#4031 March 4 2021

xazbrat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

leblinux wrote:

Might be a Good news for the people living in the area:

حرصاً منا على صيانة الشبكة وتحسين خدمة الإنترنت في مركز خلدة وذلك يوم السبت ٦/٣/٢٠٢١.
سوف يتم قطع خطوط بعض المشتركين في منطقة دوحة عرمون و القبة.
ستعمل فرقنا الفنية على إعادة الخدمة تدريجياً بعد ظهر اليوم نفسه. شكرًا لتفهمكم.

Don't know what it will mean or entail, but at least we have a warning if the internet is crappy on that day.

Offline

#4032 March 8 2021

DanGeb
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello everyone. I'm new to Ogero Fiber and would like to know if there's any phone number for technical support in case I have a technical problem with my internet connection. I was previously with IDM and they do have a technical support section when calling, is there something similar with Ogero? Let me know. Thank you.

Offline

#4033 March 8 2021

Idler
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DanGeb wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm new to Ogero Fiber and would like to know if there's any phone number for technical support in case I have a technical problem with my internet connection. I was previously with IDM and they do have a technical support section when calling, is there something similar with Ogero? Let me know. Thank you.

most likely it is 1516

Offline

#4034 March 8 2021

AvoK95
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

The number is 1515 (Yes even though the dollar is more than 1515 these days, it's unrelated)

Offline

#4035 March 8 2021

DanGeb
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Idler wrote:
DanGeb wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm new to Ogero Fiber and would like to know if there's any phone number for technical support in case I have a technical problem with my internet connection. I was previously with IDM and they do have a technical support section when calling, is there something similar with Ogero? Let me know. Thank you.

most likely it is 1516

Ok thanks

Offline

#4036 March 8 2021

Hybrid
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

What's your speed and latency on ogero fiber, just wondering

Offline

#4037 March 8 2021

DanGeb
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Is anyone having problems with Ogero Fiber? It's only been a week since I got Fiber working at home and I'm already having problems. My router displays a blinking red light on "LOS" (it's a Huawei router) and I'm unable to connect to the internet. I call Ogero, leave them a message on their Instagram account and the only thing they tell me to do is to give them my landline phone number and they say they will "contact me back". Let me know if that's your case. Thanks

Offline

#4038 March 8 2021

DanGeb
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hybrid wrote:

What's your speed and latency on ogero fiber, just wondering

The fastest speeds I was able to get were 83.5 Mbps download and 38.4 Mbps upload. Unfortunately, it's only been a week since I finally got Fiber working at home and it just stopped working today. If you have any idea how to help me, please check my last post, it is one of the latest posts on Networking. Thanks

Last edited by DanGeb (March 8 2021)

Offline

#4039 March 10 2021

Victor
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DanGeb wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

What's your speed and latency on ogero fiber, just wondering

The fastest speeds I was able to get were 83.5 Mbps download and 38.4 Mbps upload. Unfortunately, it's only been a week since I finally got Fiber working at home and it just stopped working today. If you have any idea how to help me, please check my last post, it is one of the latest posts on Networking. Thanks

You should be able to get much higher speeds if you connect a 5Ghz Router through LAN cable to your Huawei modem. You can double check by doing a Speedtest on your PC while connected by LAN cable.

As for why it stopped worked I don’t think that you can do anything from your side to configure your modem if there’s some issue, Ogero need to resolve it.

Offline

#4040 March 10 2021

DanGeb
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Victor wrote:
DanGeb wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

What's your speed and latency on ogero fiber, just wondering

The fastest speeds I was able to get were 83.5 Mbps download and 38.4 Mbps upload. Unfortunately, it's only been a week since I finally got Fiber working at home and it just stopped working today. If you have any idea how to help me, please check my last post, it is one of the latest posts on Networking. Thanks

You should be able to get much higher speeds if you connect a 5Ghz Router through LAN cable to your Huawei modem. You can double check by doing a Speedtest on your PC while connected by LAN cable.

As for why it stopped worked I don’t think that you can do anything from your side to configure your modem if there’s some issue, Ogero need to resolve it.

Ok thank you so much. As for my problem, it was a problem from Ogero's side with my building's fiber line. They fixed it in 3 days and now it works fine.

Offline

#4041 March 17 2021

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello all, im an ogero user. I have VDSL internet. Yesterday i logged in to my ogero account on the app. Beside my number i found the word fiber. it was dsl before. and it changed. What does that mean? Thank you

Offline

#4042 April 1 2021

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone with Ogero getting disconnected from the Internet lately ? Modem logs show "pppoe down" then, 30 secs later, "pppoe up" again.

Offline

#4043 April 1 2021

tricky
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

connection is slow but not dc

Offline

#4044 April 2 2021

xazbrat
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero getting disconnected from the Internet lately ? Modem logs show "pppoe down" then, 30 secs later, "pppoe up" again.

I do get a lot of these though "setsockopt- MRT_DEL_MFC" and sometimes they lead to either disconnects or non responsiveness for a minute or so.

Offline

#4045 April 4 2021

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

This is extremely annoying (esp. because I play online).
As mentioned before, every few days I get disconnected from the Internet. Modem logs show "pppoe down" then, 30 secs later, "pppoe up" again.
When I check the modem stats, there are no excessive errors or bursts. It's just the Internet (NOT the DSL) led that goes down for about 30 seconds before automatically coming back up by itself. Is it worth opening a ticket or Ogero will not even bother with that ?

Last edited by DG (April 4 2021)

Offline

#4046 April 20 2021

DG
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Anyone with Ogero having Internet problems (authentication goes down for 30 secs or so) every now and then ? It's been happening a lot today.

Offline

#4047 April 21 2021

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello all, im having a problem. Since 3 days till now. everyday i get internet disconnection from all my devices. wifi is on inside the devices and the modem has all led lights on. But i have to turn it off then on to get internet back. I called Ogero they resetted the port they said, But still same problem. Anyone of you experiencing this problem? Any solution for it? Thank you

Offline

#4048 April 22 2021

ahk40a
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, im having a problem. Since 3 days till now. everyday i get internet disconnection from all my devices. wifi is on inside the devices and the modem has all led lights on. But i have to turn it off then on to get internet back. I called Ogero they resetted the port they said, But still same problem. Anyone of you experiencing this problem? Any solution for it? Thank you


If you have a laptop or ping app on your phone, and once you face it again try ping 8.8.8.8, if it responds this means it is a DNS issue. If that is the case, modify the DNS on your modem to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4. This might resolve the issue for your.

Offline

#4049 April 22 2021

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, im having a problem. Since 3 days till now. everyday i get internet disconnection from all my devices. wifi is on inside the devices and the modem has all led lights on. But i have to turn it off then on to get internet back. I called Ogero they resetted the port they said, But still same problem. Anyone of you experiencing this problem? Any solution for it? Thank you


If you have a laptop or ping app on your phone, and once you face it again try ping 8.8.8.8, if it responds this means it is a DNS issue. If that is the case, modify the DNS on your modem to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4. This might resolve the issue for your.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'll do that.

Offline

#4050 May 12 2021

Moudimadi
Member

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hello, im an ogero vdsl subscriber. My speed is between 15 and 20 mbit download and 1 for upload. im having a problem. they came and tested my line. in the electricity room the snr margin and line attenuation are amazing. when i test here at home inside my router. I get 10db for download going down to 7 sometimes. and 65.5db for upload. even though i have the cat5e cable and he told me that no need for a change because it's high quality. i tried to change the splitter and i changed the cables coming from the router and telefone line to the splitter. i tried to put the cat5e cable directly to the socket. still same. low snr margin and high line attenuation. anyone can help please? Thank you

Offline

Board footer