LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 January 31 2021

RandomMemory

Re: Terra Net - WDSL

i'd go through 300gb in less than a week with those speeds.

#77 January 31 2021

Beta0

m0ei wrote:

I get around 220mbps using Alfa's 4G, $200 for 200GB though. I mainly use their unlimited 2 hours quota (50GB FUP).

Impressive, usage has to be extremely conservative, average usage with 2 users here (no big downloads) is 8gb/day on 9mbit connection measured few months ago.
As for WDSL, bear in mind that there is no bufferbloat, e.g segmented downloads won't affect conference or web browsing speed, 12mbit WDSL =\= 12mbit ADSL. My test with Alfa was similar at 20ms+. For testing purposes I'm about to reach 2tb, hoping some FUP kicks in, will post vnstat graph here.
It would be interesting to hear some feedback regarding LTE-A from Ogero, my area isn't covered.

Last edited by Beta0 (January 31 2021)

#78 January 31 2021

nosense

m0ei wrote:

I get around 220mbps using Alfa's 4G, $200 for 200GB though. I mainly use their unlimited 2 hours quota (50GB FUP).

how do you get 220mbps I only get around 40

#79 January 31 2021

m0ei

I need to be connected using LTE+, sometimes I restart the phone because it gets stuck on LTE, I'm also using a data sim card.

I'm located in Beirut, near Sodeco Square, maybe the network here can handle more load and isn't congested?

#80 January 31 2021

Beta0

m0ei wrote:

I need to be connected using LTE+, sometimes I restart the phone because it gets stuck on LTE, I'm also using a data sim card.

I'm located in Beirut, near Sodeco Square, maybe the network here can handle more load and isn't congested?

I have to restart phone as well, not with Touch though. 40mbit as well. Touch is half that, but twice the upload.

#81 February 1 2021

nosense

I contacted terranet and they said my location is okay, I will start with the procedure for wdsl

#82 February 1 2021

zizo99

Beta0 wrote:
zizo99 wrote:
DG wrote:

No it doesn't. WDSL stands for Wireless DSL.
It was specifically launched by Terranet for people who don't or can't have a landline.
They will perform a feasibility test/study and let you know if it works for you (where you live).

great thank you.

but 12mbps for 300k LBP isn't a good option
I use a 4G connection from alfa, it's 25mbps+ for 360k but yes limited to 300GB monthly

AlfaNet is no longer open for new users (max 200GB for now), 300GB is very low for 25mbps, I would recommend Touch FDD (full duplex) at this point as Alfa is TDD (half duplex). From my tests, LTE tends to have a huge 10ms jitter.

both touch and alfa has the same quota/price

#83 February 1 2021

Beta0

zizo99 wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
zizo99 wrote:

great thank you.

but 12mbps for 300k LBP isn't a good option
I use a 4G connection from alfa, it's 25mbps+ for 360k but yes limited to 300GB monthly

AlfaNet is no longer open for new users (max 200GB for now), 300GB is very low for 25mbps, I would recommend Touch FDD (full duplex) at this point as Alfa is TDD (half duplex). From my tests, LTE tends to have a huge 10ms jitter.

both touch and alfa has the same quota/price

I hate to derail more, but any link/source to your claims? for 300GB?

Last edited by Beta0 (February 1 2021)

#84 February 1 2021

agdroubi

IDM is offering 4g for cheaper prices than alfa/touch, you can also check them.

#85 February 1 2021

Beta0

agdroubi wrote:

Their plans are almost double the cost, charging at 8500+ LBP as well, plus it's subject to FUP per day.
Edit: to elaborate double for the lower plans.

#86 February 1 2021

agdroubi

Beta0 wrote:
agdroubi wrote:

Their plans are almost double the cost, charging at 8500+ LBP as well, plus it's subject to FUP per day.

the 250gb plan is priced at 304k

#87 February 1 2021

Beta0

agdroubi wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
agdroubi wrote:

And? 301k for 200GB Alfa and 250GB Touch, Ill reply further in another thread.

#88 February 1 2021

RandomMemory

if you have the money and wanna go crazy, get alfa and write a script to auto recharge the unlimited 2 hours 5$ plan. At today's rate it would cost 200$ in USD to get 24/7 unlimited.

Last edited by RandomMemory (February 1 2021)

#89 February 1 2021

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

if you have the money and wanna go crazy, get alfa and write a script to auto recharge the unlimited 2 hours 5$ plan. At today's rate it would cost 200$ in USD to get 24/7 unlimited.

the disconnection every 2 hours would suck, everytime I subscribe to it I have to restart by phone for it to work at the start and at the end

#90 February 1 2021

agdroubi

Beta0 wrote:
agdroubi wrote:
Beta0 wrote:

And? 301k for 200GB Alfa and 250GB Touch, Ill reply further in another thread.

You are right, I didn't see the new prices for touch. So it seems touch is the cheapest for now.

#91 February 1 2021

Tutenkhamun

@RandomMemory
I am planing to get the 6M WDSL plan with Terranet, can you share your experience with them? they have such bad reviews on Google but honestly what matters to me is connection stability and speed!
Is the ping good for gaming? will i actually be getting 0.750KB/s all the time in both uploads and downloads? is it really UNLIMITED? is it reliable (whats the uptime like)?
Sorry for asking too many questions

#92 February 10 2021

nosense

nosense wrote:

I contacted terranet and they said my location is okay, I will start with the procedure for wdsl

got it installed today

speedtest to lebanese servers :

10906215720.png

to paris servers:

10906224628.png

#93 February 10 2021

zizo99

nosense wrote:
nosense wrote:

got it installed today

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10906215720.png

to paris servers:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10906224628.png

what is the ping? and that's the highest speed rate you can get?

#94 February 10 2021

nosense

zizo99 wrote:
nosense wrote:
nosense wrote:

got it installed today

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10906215720.png

to paris servers:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10906224628.png

what is the ping? and that's the highest speed rate you can get?

ping is 53 to europe, and yes this is their highest package

#95 February 10 2021

Tutenkhamun

@nosense is the speedtest result reflection on actual download speed? as in,are you getting around 1.4 mb/s when downloading? and does it remain the same after heavy usage?

#96 February 10 2021

RandomMemory

Tutenkhamun wrote:

@nosense is the speedtest result reflection on actual download speed? as in,are u getting around 1.4 mb/s when downloading? and does it remain the same after heavy usage?

yes and yes. Everything is stable 24/7

10909042818.png

This is a vpn speedtest

Last edited by RandomMemory (February 10 2021)

#97 February 10 2021

nosense

Tutenkhamun wrote:

@nosense is the speedtest result reflection on actual download speed? as in,are u getting around 1.4 mb/s when downloading? and does it remain the same after heavy usage?

yes and yes

#98 February 11 2021

xterm

Looks like I'm going for this then.

#99 February 11 2021

RandomMemory

I think terranet will have a package of 20mbps soon. I know it's only offered in private right now for schools and large businesses

#100 February 15 2021

nosense

how much do you guys download per month ?

Board footer